How many shield does the TR-1 Hazel carry?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Gadget

How many shield does the TR-1 Hazel carry?

Saw the picture of the MSIA Hazel in hlj.com. There is one pic with a Strike Noir type 2 shields on bothe shoulder. And there is another picture in a mobile armour/transforming like pose with 3 shield. The 3rd shield is carried on it's back. But the UCHG version got only one shield.

As I have not seen 'Advance of Zeta', so how many shield the Hazel carries?
Gadget

Sorry, I just found out the HGUC is the 'custom' version. Sorry.
Deus EpS Machina

Re: How many shield does the TR-1 Hazel carry?

Gadget wrote:Saw the picture of the MSIA Hazel in hlj.com. There is one pic with a Strike Noir type 2 shields on bothe shoulder. And there is another picture in a mobile armour/transforming like pose with 3 shield. The 3rd shield is carried on it's back. But the UCHG version got only one shield.

As I have not seen 'Advance of Zeta', so how many shield the Hazel carries?
The TR-1 Hazel can carry up to four strum booster sheilds iirc. It has connectors on its arms for one each as any MS would, and its got mounts for two shields on the movale booster on the backpack; so four.

That particular Hazel variation youre referring to as the MSiA is the TR-1 High-mobility type.

As for the HGUC Hazel Custom, it comes with just one only 'cuz thats the setup of that particular MS. You could buy multiple Kazel Customs to get that particular variant in the MSiA.

Also, Advance of Zeta isnt animated in any form aside from a brief cameo of the Advanced Hazel in one of the Zeta Movies...its a photonovel and manga.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Bazookafied

The Hazel itself can technically carry up to four shield boosters if you've got the right configuration. Traditionally, the Hazel can mount two shield boosters on its arms and one on the movable booster pod on its backpack thrusting unit. The Advanced Hazel features a movable booster pod that can mount two shield boosters parallel to eachother and traditionally doesn't carry any other shield boosters on its arms. You could, however, combine the two traditional loads and give a Hazel two shield boosters on its arms and equip the double-mount on the backpack for a total of 4.

As far as the Gunpla issue goes, if you're familiar with Bandai you know that you never get EVERYTHING in one set.

The HGUC Hazel Custom includes 1 Shield Boosterand 1 normal combat shield
The HGUC Advanced Hazel includes 1 Shield Booster, 1 Advanced shield booster (almost identical to the shield booster) and 1 normal combat shield
The HGUC Hazel II includes 1 shield booster and 1 normal combat shield

Although these kits only come with their respective equipment, this doesn't prevent the purchaser from equipping additional shields. If you were to pick up more than 1 Hazel kit, you could use the shields from those to add to another kit.

As far as your "picture in a mobile armour/transforming like pose with 3 shield" claim, the Hazel is not a transforming mobile suit. It can simply turn the shields on their mounts to face different directions. That "Transformation" is the Hazel's "Final Form".

The image you're referring to the Hazel being like the Strike Noir is sort of inaccurate, since the Noir has no shields (I'm assuming you're referring to the Noir's swords stored on its backpack) and the Hazel's shields mount on the arm, not the back.

For the record, I haven't seen Advance of Zeta either, its not an animated series as far as I know. Advance of Zeta is a photonovel-based story from Dengeki Hobby Magazine and has also started to be released in Manga format.

::sigh:: I feel like I abuse my promotional abilities, but if you want to check out more about AoZ, look through these websites:

Titans Test Team Arc

Advance of Zeta @ MAHQ

Advance of Zeta @ MechaScientific

It still amazes me how much promotion AoZ has gotten in recent years and how many people have purchased its merchandise and yet, it bothers the ever-living snot out of me to see how little people still know about it! Especially if you're part of this forum where there is actual information about this...

EDIT: For the record, it seems Deus is faster at typing than I... I realize it appears that I have repeated half of what he has said but I'm simply too tired right now to go back through and hack out what he has already covered.