Model Workshop, Model Panel

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
tetsujin

Model Workshop, Model Panel

So I've mentioned my Mecha Modeling Workshop here in the past - where I go to anime cons with a bunch of supplies and stuff, and teach people to build and paint kits. Anyway, the cost and other burdens of the program are getting to be a bit much, so I may not do it so much in the future. I'm hoping I can do another one at Anime Boston this year - if so, it may be the last one for a while.

At Tekkoshocon 2007, however, ulnhyrr and I will be hosting a model-building panel in which we go over a bunch of information about how to build and paint models. The panel format means people don't learn by doing as they would in the workshop, but that also gives us the freedom to cover a lot more ground. Ulnhyrr hosted the panel at Anime Expo 2006 and it was very well-received. We're looking forward to making the one at Tekko even better.
PlasticFrog

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy April. I wish I could be there, but it's a couple of time zones away, so.... :(
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea
tetsujin

PlasticFrog wrote:Sounds like you are going to have a very busy April. I wish I could be there, but it's a couple of time zones away, so.... :(
My April's gonna have nothin' on my February, my June, and maybe my March, too. Two anime cons on consecutive weekends is gonna be a breeze compared to moving out of the apartment I've lived in for five years... :)
VF-X20A Veritech Freedom

hey im a novice starter in gundam painting and got any recomendations for weathering using only rough grey , oil, rust, rough sand, soot, sand mud paint?
tetsujin

VF-X20A Veritech Freedom wrote:hey im a novice starter in gundam painting and got any recomendations for weathering using only rough grey , oil, rust, rough sand, soot, sand mud paint?
Not really. To be honest I don't do much weathering. I do shading and I do panel lining and I do the occasional wash but I've not spent a lot of time learning weathering.
VF-X20A Veritech Freedom

tetsujin wrote:
VF-X20A Veritech Freedom wrote:hey im a novice starter in gundam painting and got any recomendations for weathering using only rough grey , oil, rust, rough sand, soot, sand mud paint?
Not really. To be honest I don't do much weathering. I do shading and I do panel lining and I do the occasional wash but I've not spent a lot of time learning weathering.
but can you give me model painting tips?
ulnhyrr

I have pictures of the steps and techniques for building and weathering in the bittorrent link below:
Gunpla/Resin Figure Model Building Tutorial

The next version will have a word document companion with written descriptions of the techniques and such. Any feed back is highly encouraged!

If you do not have microsoft powerpoint, you can download a viewer from microsoft to see the .pps files:

Microsoft Powerpoint viewer

Get it, watch it, and if you have questions, or need some clarification on things, just ask and I will try to explain it.
VF-X20A Veritech Freedom

ulnhyrr wrote:I have pictures of the steps and techniques for building and weathering in the bittorrent link below:
Gunpla/Resin Figure Model Building Tutorial

The next version will have a word document companion with written descriptions of the techniques and such. Any feed back is highly encouraged!

If you do not have microsoft powerpoint, you can download a viewer from microsoft to see the .pps files:

Microsoft Powerpoint viewer

Get it, watch it, and if you have questions, or need some clarification on things, just ask and I will try to explain it.
wont let me load it... ****it
ulnhyrr

Did you download the file through bittorrent? If so, did you also download the powerpoint viewer?
PlasticFrog

I downloaded it, and I could view it fine on NeoOffice (an open-source MS Office-compatible suite) without a problem. So far, I only looked through the first file. I'll check out the rest later.

Thank you for making it and sharing it with us. :)
VF-X20A Veritech Freedom

ulnhyrr wrote:Did you download the file through bittorrent? If so, did you also download the powerpoint viewer?
i have Power point
ulnhyrr

I have no idea what the problem is. The files are standalone powerpoint slide shows. So far, just about everyone who has downloaded it has been able to see it.
VF-X20A Veritech Freedom

ulnhyrr wrote:I have no idea what the problem is. The files are standalone powerpoint slide shows. So far, just about everyone who has downloaded it has been able to see it.
well i'll give it another shot.
ulnhyrr

Model building Seminar @ Tekkoshocon April 13-15 2007

For anyone in the Pittsburgh local area, this coming weekend Tetsujin and I will be presenting a "How to Build Gunpla/Resin Figures Seminar" held on each of the three days of the event. The schedule for the seminar is below:
Friday: 2:30pm-4:00pm
Saturday: 6:30pm-8:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am-9:00am
Additionally, there is a modeling contest too; and more information about the model contest can be found here: http://www.tekkoshocon.com/modeling.html
And more information about the Tekkoshocon event can be found here: http://www.tekkoshocon.com/
PlasticFrog

Wish I could be there. Have fun and good luck!! :)
lalahsghost

Oh snap..... Pittsburg is like..... 120 miles away? I just might have to.... *edit* Oh wait. I forgot. I haven't had a car since December :(
Last edited by lalahsghost on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulnhyrr

Spread the word... come on out. Hell, I'm coming out there from way over here on the left coast :)
Grenger

Man, I wish I could go to these and see the work you guys do first hand. Sadly I am only rich enough to go to one convention this year, and me and the g/f have decided to do Otakon.

Any chance you guys might be going to that anime convention?
He who increases knowledge, also increase sorrow.

Grenger Gunpla
ulnhyrr

Yeah, I'll be at Otakon. I'm pretty sure Tetsujin will too. I already submitted the request to do this workshop/panel at Otakon; so see ya there.
Poochi

*sigh* I wish there was more interest in gunpla modelling at the anime cons in Australia. :cry:
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.