Model Credits? (Specifically MG and HG)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xenosynth

Model Credits? (Specifically MG and HG)

Just wanna confirm this, since I was in a small talk with someone about this (He basically said the reason that the HG/MG Hi-Nu's aesthetics are different from the Robot Damashii is because of Katoki being the designer for those lines but the artist for the concept in the MG manual is to Izubuchi, but he said that overall Katoki presides over most of the HG/MG line.

Is this true? As far as I thought, Katoki only ever had a major role with models that are specifically labeled 'Ver Ka', and the Hi-Nu Gundam isn't one of those.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kratos

Re: Model Credits? (Specifically MG and HG)

Katoki does a TON of lineart and design work, and his stuff forms a general aesthetic base for quite a bit. Hi-Nu in particular is a divisive case, because the design is slimmed down enormously compared to the Izubuchi lineart. I like the MG look, but that's not really the popular opinion in the fandom.

Anyways, I could be wrong, but for some reason I've always thought that the ver.KA kits are ones that Katoki himself designed (not just lineart, but actual model).
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
toysdream

Katoki used to play a large role in the MG series, and even more so in the HG-UC series, but not so much anymore (except for the "Ver.Ka" items and the Gundam Wing stuff). I think the difference between the Hi-Nu kits and action figures is more that the kits are based on Izubuchi's new design for the Hi-Nu, and the action figure is based on his original design which is a lot more butch. :-)

-- Mark
Xenosynth

Ahhh, alright. Thanks guys, glad to have that a bit cleared up. I didn't realize the appearance thing was so divisive. Though, given the Gundam fandom... well, everything is divisive. Anyway, thanks again guys.