Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Arsarcana

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Kratos wrote:What do we reckon the likelihood of Turn-X's head containing a cockpit is?
Pretty good I would imagine, it's not like they've got tons of other internal gimmicks for us to play with, except maybe some nifty joints for when it splits apart. I'm wondering if they're going to go all out and give us MLB parts. Also, you can see they're including the unused backpack weapons in some of the display shots, so that's nice. Man, can't wait to see the right arm in glorious MG form.

Oh, speaking of cockpits, what's up with Wing Zero (EW) and Proto WZ having the top-opening cockpits in the models but front-opening ones 'onscreen' anyways?
AceWhatever

Proto WZ isn't supposed to be the same suit as the Okwara version from the TV show, so it has that excuse. As for the older Wing Zero kits, blame Katoki...
Kratos

Does it open vertically on Custom? I don't remember ever seeing the cockpit hatch open in the movie. I always thought that Katoki (who designed Custom, after all) had always meant it to open horizontally.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
AceWhatever

All MG kits of the Wing Ka., Wing Zero Custom and Proto Zero have the same upper chest hatch design regardless of the bottom hatches shown in the anime.
ZeonsSilverStar

So I'm ordering the new HG V2 Gundam and I noticed that it does not include the Wings of Light. Does Bandai indeed to sell them separately or will I have to go without? I'm buying the kit regardless but I'd like to know.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
iguanaman8989

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:So I'm ordering the new HG V2 Gundam and I noticed that it does not include the Wings of Light. Does Bandai indeed to sell them separately or will I have to go without? I'm buying the kit regardless but I'd like to know.
Nothing announced yet, either in the form of the extra equipment sets or WoL effect parts.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well I guess I'll be doing without for the time being. It's not too bad I suppose it still looks like it'll be a great kit.
Xenosynth

To note however, the old 1/144th from the 90s has Wing Effect parts, and they fit in surprisingly well.

This video demonstrates it.
ZeonsSilverStar

Thanks for the vid. I'll most likely pick up the old V2 after I get the new one since it'll be a lot cheaper than the alternative. I saw a V2 model the other day that had the RG Destiny Wings of Light but getting the older model seems like a better deal.
YokozunaBulldozer

Gouf R35 will ne a new mold. This aint no ordinary Gouf BOY!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Zeonista

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Gouf R35 will ne a new mold. This aint no ordinary Gouf BOY!
Yay, a new mold for it! :mrgreen: *does Snoopy dance*
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Calubin_175

MG Gelgoog Cannon's only new part is the Ver.2.0 head, the weapons are all recycled from the Ver.1.0 model.

I love the Gelgoog Cannon very much, but the fact of paying premium just for the head bothers me. I already have the old weapon parts from a loose Ver.1.0.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

maybe thats why it's online exclusive and not a regular release.
iguanaman8989

Well, Build Fighter's HG line isn't done yet!

HGBF Amazing Exia and Fenice Rinascita
HGBC Vulcan Pack, no sign of a new Gyan to go with it yet though.

A friend for HG Gundam X:
HGAW Gundam Airmaster

And a couple more from Unicorn:
HGUC Zeta Plus A1 Unicorn Version
HGUC Schuzrum Galluss (I'm assuming this one is from Unicorn too)
Raiden

It's kinda odd that they haven't shown us what's the next MG after Turn X. Unless it means they plan on making the reveals at the Shizuoka Hobby Show more surprising like how it use to be.

But yeah great HG's coming our way. Hope to see a Gustav Karl given it's appearance in Unicorn soon.
Kratos

Some more info on the Turn-X posted. Headpit confirmed! I'm way more excited about that than I probably should be.

(Although, Sazabi's still opened, but didn't have a pilot, so I supposed this could be the same sort of thing).
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Mythgarr

iguanaman8989 wrote:Well, Build Fighter's HG line isn't done yet!

HGBF Amazing Exia and Fenice Rinascita

A friend for HG Gundam X:
HGAW Gundam Airmaster

OH YES! Fenice Rinascita! Airmaster! Zeta Plus A1!

I hope the next MG is MG Gundam X Maoh :)
Visit The Dreams
SNT1

Two of my top favorite units---released in HG form.

I will have not bought gunpla in 2 years by July; these 2 will make a strong case to break the silence!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zeonista

iguanaman8989 wrote:A friend for HG Gundam X:
HGAW Gundam Airmaster

HGUC Schuzrum Galluss (I'm assuming this one is from Unicorn too)
I am encouraged that the HG releases for X are continuing, as I am a fan of the Leopard & Airmaster. 8) It took Unicorn to give us a HGUC Zeta Plus but it looks great and is on the want list. I am somewhat uncommitted to the Schuzrum Gallus at this point, but it's hard for me to reject another monoeye MS. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Calubin_175

GOOD NEWS GUYS! The long wait is over for the day when there is assurance that our favourite, underrated, non-anime obscure MS will get proper 1/100 scale model kit treatment. This means goodbye to the garage kit market and maybe Ka Signature as well.

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/2014%E5 ... %E5%93%81/

Nightingale, Gundam Mk-III and GP04 announced for the new line.

I guess they're trying to have a separate line dedicated to non-main stream media MS. Not sure whether it will have a premium price tag or they could be going for simple, inner frame-less construction. I would laugh if they go for the 90 degree elbow bend.

It is weird, maybe Bandai is running out of mainstream MS designs for their MG line and then rehashing the same characters in the RG line.

Nightingale has proved to be a fan favourite, while the Mk-III had its GFF figure upped to its current 16,000 yen market price tag.

I am wishing for a 1/100 GM Sniper Custom, RX-81 and Efreet.

After quitting Gundam and Gunpla for a year also, this line gives me the reason to return as I have always liked the Gundam for their non-anime/mainstream media MS designs.