Replacing Broken Parts - Looking for particular parts!

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Silver_August

Replacing Broken Parts - Looking for particular parts!

Yeah...this is a 2 sided thread, on the one side I wanna talk about if anyone's had experience with parts...breaking, and the means of replacing OR repairing them.

I wanna know where people go, what people recomend...etc etc becaaaause...

I was inking my MG Destiny, I wanted to pop the head off so as carefully as possible I plucked the head off but then when it finally let go, it came up with force and the V fit jabbed into my finger...I freaked out but it looked ok..then as I was inking....snap, the left side of the V fin snapped clean off and my heart saaaaaaank....luckily I've managed to Super glue it back on as best as possible as far as I can tell, outside of needing a bit of yellow paint to hide the glue, you cant tell the difference honestly...kind of proud of myself but....ugh I know its broken...and so I want to talk about replacing/repairing parts.

Anyone else have similar stories or solutions or places to go to just outright get a new V-fin without needing to find some place selling the entire A-plate?

Alternatively, if anyone here has MG Destiny parts they don't need...or an MG Destiny they're disambling for parts...please feel free to PM me with an offer because I'll gladly just take the entire head if needed but all I need is the V-fin....and the left wing's piston, but considering I display it with the wings of light...you'd never know it was broken!

But alas...let us discuss and MAYBE replace the part even though my handy work has pretty much salvaged the poor guy...but I'm a perfectionist sooooo eh.
joelfinkle

Re: Replacing Broken Parts - Looking for particular parts!

If you search this forum, you'll see that the outlets to get replacement parts have all dried up.
My best suggestion right now is find someone with a 3D printer -- requires some work to make a 3D model of the part, though, and it will need sanding and filling.
nortran11

So Bandai is no longer doing their replacement part service?

You used to be able to email [email protected] longer the case?
Xenosynth

I always had heard that you can't get parts/runners directly from Bandai unless you were in Japan.
nortran11

I found an old thread on Hobby Fanatics about ordering parts....

Basically, you take a picture of the broken part (or the sprue with the missing part), send an email to [email protected] with the kit name sprue and part number and attach the picture, and your shipping info. Then you should see the part in 1-2 weeks via EMS. The first time you do this is a courtesy no charge up to four parts, then they charge you. I did it when I broke an ankle peg on my HGUC 7th Gundam FA.

A similar service is also available from Blue Fin that works through your local hobby shop (provided they use Blue Fin as their Gundam distributor). I am in the process of building a RG Aile Strike Gundam and the inner frame for the left leg broke right above the knee joint while I was trying to loosen the joints. I scanned my receipt, took a pic of the broken part, they also require a picture of the kit box with their sticker. I just got an email that a new part would be sent.
Silver_August

what if you've already attempted to fix the part i.e my Destiny's v-fin is glued on, but upclose u can clearly tell its glued on....would I be able to just take a pic of the head, focusing on the clear glue marks ..because looking at it I'd need to replace the red part too, luckily I got none on the head itself.
nortran11

It can never hurt to try, right?