Why no F91 love?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
nortran11

Why no F91 love?

I just watched Gundam F91 and loved the designs of the mecha in that series and couldn't help but notice the lack of model kits. The F91 Gundam is a great design as are the Crossbone Vanguard's Den'an Zon.....so why has this series been largely ignored by Bandai?
Dark Duel

Re: Why no F91 love?

Well, IIRC they did do a couple of Gundam F91 MGs a while back, but AFAIK nothing else, which I agree sucks because other than the SEED grunt suits (GINN, CGUE, GuAIZ), the Den'an and Berga series are probably my favorite "villain" suits in Gundam.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Xenosynth

Well, they did do models for them back in the day. However, all we have in MG is the F91 itself. There are a few crossbone MS but none from F91. Maybe when we hit the F91 anniversary we might get some. I mean, look how we are only JUST getting a Geara Zulu MG model, and that's a very popular design.

Edit: And I am pretty sure 1/44th is out of the question because of size. But maybe one day.
nortran11

The size?

Granted...the F91 was a pretty small mobile suit, but we've got smaller in HG.....the Loto is a pretty small little suit, that made it into 144th HG...
Dark Duel

Yeah, true - and the Loto even came in a pair of them, which I thought was cool.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Xenosynth

Well, also consider other series that still need models at the moment too. While ZZ may not have been a heavily loved series, many of the Neo Zeon designs are IMO amazing and they still don't have models either. Hell, even Zeta has been getting some pretty late into the HGUC line, and the High Mobility Zaku IIs that are pretty popular only just got HGUCs as well. Basically, they wanna do something that sells, and while the designs in F91 were not bad at all, from what I know it wasn't HUGELY popular, and so they will probably only make HGUCs for them later on when it starts becoming a bit slower. I don't know if Bandai has some priority list or what for models, but yeah, I really do wish we could get the grunt CV MS in some form besides the old 90s models which are... not terrible actually compared to some but also not that great either, and nowhere near the modern standard.
nortran11

Apparently their priority list is making sure every mecha that has a second worth of screen time in Unicorn gets a model.
AGF-Antoine

I would also love to get some Late HGUC's.
Not only F91, but also Victory Gundam.

Ofcourse Crossbone Gundam would be neat as well (and would also actually sell prolly).
And while G-SAVIOUR was horrendous, the lineart versions of some units from it were neat.
At the very least I would like a HGUC-version of G-Saviour Space Mode, to improve upon the older model.
Others units I like the lineart quite a lot from are Freedom and Bugu.

The tech is there, considering they could do High Grades of Seraphim Gundam, GN Archer, Loto, Nobel Gundam and Farsia.

Aside from that, Victory Gundam already had a 1/144 line back in the day it aired.

AGF-Antoine
Xenosynth

Well, the thing is, Bandai is doing the models as a cash cow first, to make up for production costs, etc. And Unicorn is popular. Though I will say I wish they would have done more of the MSV from episode 4 really. The HGUCs from Unicorn are mainly all new mecha, with the exception of the Doven Wolf (Which is also getting ZZ colors), Zogok, and Juagg. I wanna know why we don't have things like the Desert Zaku, Dwadge, Galuss-K (Since they could easily make the Galuss-J at the same time), Guncannon Detector, Nemo-III, Capule and the list goes on. Honestly they haven't released all THAT many from Unicorn, and certain ones from Unicorn are pretty derivative (the Asshimar and Anksha I believe share a few runners, and the different Geara Zulus are easy to make multiple models for, and of course they'll have the main character MS and the Unicorn would be way less solid and probably move terribly if it were an HG transformable) so yeah. Considering the HG Age line got basically every suit from that series besides the Khronos, Zeydra, and a few of the large or gigantic baddies, I really don't think they spammed the Unicorn line that much.

Also, I agree with Antoine though. I didn't realize how many 1/144th models they had done for Victory and whatnot back in the day, that were pretty solid. They could easily adapt them to the modern HG line. I guess we'll just have to wait until unicorn is done and we have a small space in between shows. That's usually when we get other things.
Fignuts

Xenosynth wrote: I wanna know why we don't have things like the Desert Zaku, Dwadge, Galuss-K (Since they could easily make the Galuss-J at the same time), Guncannon Detector, Nemo-III, Capule and the list goes on.
Probably because the new mecha are going to be more popular simply for the fact that they are new. That said, given the popularity of Unicorn, I would put money on seeing all those suits at one point or another. Especially stuff like the Galuss which they can get multiple kits out of.

As for F-91, I imagine we will get kits inevitably, so long as gunpla remains a profitable product for bandai. As for the size, I don't really see that being a big issue. The suits would be slightly smaller than the Gundam X and Rising Gundam. Probably around the same size as nobel. And look how great those kits turned out.

I don't know when they'd start doing F-91 kits though. I can't see them releasing kits for F-91 before they add more to the ZZ and alternate universe line up.
YokozunaBulldozer

I too wish for AT LEAST one grunt suit from F-91 to make it as an MG. Personally I want to see the Guntank R-44 get the MG treatment.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Random_GM_Pilot

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:I too wish for AT LEAST one grunt suit from F-91 to make it as an MG. Personally I want to see the Guntank R-44 get the MG treatment.
And I want an HGUC G-3 Saviour Gundam. But there's "pie in the sky" and "actually maybe possible".

As for late UC kits, it's all down to popularity. Anyone who says they can't because of their size obviously has never seen any of the old 1/144 V Gundam kits. My GunEZ is rock solid and can pose surprisingly well for having some pretty basic 90-degree joints. If you pumped the current-day HG kit design and technology into them, they'd be great. Well, the MS that aren't V or V2 would be great. If they could do without the full transformation it'd be fine, and HGs are certainly more inclined to that. I just want a good, solid HG V-Hexa in MS form and that'd be easily possible. But I would never want to experience in HG what I did with the MG. That was a disaster.

I really can't imagine F91 and Victory HGUCs not happening eventually, but those would be the fanservice kits. Most of their releases are moneymakers in some big way, but every now and then they put one out that clearly only exists to throw a bone to the longtime fans. So they'd probably be spread out unless they do a marketing blitz like they did with CCA (yes, they're doing that with Unicorn now, but CCA wasn't new at the time for the HGUCs, so I feel it's a more relevant example) but I wouldn't bet on that happening.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
YokozunaBulldozer

Random_GM_Pilot wrote:
YokozunaBulldozer wrote:I too wish for AT LEAST one grunt suit from F-91 to make it as an MG. Personally I want to see the Guntank R-44 get the MG treatment.
And I want an HGUC G-3 Saviour Gundam. But there's "pie in the sky" and "actually maybe possible".

As for late UC kits, it's all down to popularity. Anyone who says they can't because of their size obviously has never seen any of the old 1/144 V Gundam kits. My GunEZ is rock solid and can pose surprisingly well for having some pretty basic 90-degree joints. If you pumped the current-day HG kit design and technology into them, they'd be great. Well, the MS that aren't V or V2 would be great. If they could do without the full transformation it'd be fine, and HGs are certainly more inclined to that. I just want a good, solid HG V-Hexa in MS form and that'd be easily possible. But I would never want to experience in HG what I did with the MG. That was a disaster.

I really can't imagine F91 and Victory HGUCs not happening eventually, but those would be the fanservice kits. Most of their releases are moneymakers in some big way, but every now and then they put one out that clearly only exists to throw a bone to the longtime fans. So they'd probably be spread out unless they do a marketing blitz like they did with CCA (yes, they're doing that with Unicorn now, but CCA wasn't new at the time for the HGUCs, so I feel it's a more relevant example) but I wouldn't bet on that happening.
Yep, for now I'm grateful that we are at least getting new F91 and Victory kits through that new All Gundam lineup.
nortran11

I just picked up the F91 and the Harrison Martin recolor.....I definitely see what you guys were saying about the F91 being smaller. I never realized it was so much smaller than suits from other series.

On the plus side, the kit was only 15 bucks! Beautiful kit
Jak Crow

Also consider that as far kit design goes, the MG F-91 and Crossbone kits aren't that great. They came out when Bandai was attempting to go polycapless on their MGs, with mixed results. They're not as bad as the MG V kits, but they're still kinda bland and unimpressive.
YokozunaBulldozer

nortran11 wrote:I just picked up the F91 and the Harrison Martin recolor.....I definitely see what you guys were saying about the F91 being smaller. I never realized it was so much smaller than suits from other series.

On the plus side, the kit was only 15 bucks! Beautiful kit
Its the teacup poodle of gundams along with victory.
Dark Duel

I built the HGUC F91 Harrison Martin a few months back, and it was nuts how tiny that thing was - and the V kits are, IIRC, even smaller.
I still really wish we'd get AT LEAST a Vigna Ghina in 1/144. Or maybe a Berga Giros or Den'an Gei in Zabine's colors.

Xenosynth

The best part about that? The HGUC Victory and F91 are actually SCALED UP a bit than an actual 1/144th would be.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Xenosynth wrote:The best part about that? The HGUC Victory and F91 are actually SCALED UP a bit than an actual 1/144th would be.

That's what bugs me about the HGUC versions of those Mobile Suits. They are not 1/144 scale which is why I prefer the older versions of those kits since they are actually 1/144 (For the Victory kits not to sure about the F91 kits)
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Xenosynth

Honestly, they are still shorter than most MS. I think if you measured them they are probably only scaled up from 15 meters to 16.5/17 meters, which isn't that big of a jump really. They aren't an exact 1/144th but I rarely think most models are actually that exact.