MG transformables....any better these days?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Scheuch13

MG transformables....any better these days?

I bought the zeta, zeta plus and Re-GZ back in the day when they were released. Turned out there were poorly balanced, flimsy and were awkward to transform. They are all in peices these days and I can not even get the Zetas back together.

Now a lot of their old designs went through an 2.0 upgrade since then and I was wondering if the new line of unicorn transformable mobile suits were any better?
joelfinkle

Re: MG transformables....any better these days?

The old Zeta Plus was rather delicate. The new Zeta 2.0 seems a lot more sturdy, but there's still problems with transformation: the head does not like retracting and coming out again.
Mythgarr

with Zeta 2.0 almost double Zeta 1.0 price, is it worth it to buy two 1.0 and fix one as MS and another as WR with super glues?
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

I dunno. I don't like the proportions of the 1.0 really compared to the 2.0. Honestly a lot of the fun of the build for be is the internal frame as well, and the 1.0 has a sub par inner frame, and honestly for me compared to a modern build isn't as fun. Again, that's just my opinion but yeah.
wilcosu35

my recent transformables were the ReZel and the AGE-2 Normal. i didn't like them at all. nothing locks in properly, and the hip joints on both are awful, kept falling apart at the slightest touch.
Epyon and Wing TV were very solid, however
nortran11

I just built the RG Zeta.....it was my first transformable mobile suit....and my last.

The compromises needed to make it transformable completely ruin the model. Joints are too loose, the model will be posed and after a day or two will topple over because the torso starts to lean backwards..
Xenosynth

And I now learned transformables are still iffy (Friend also bought the RG Zeta). From what I've seen though, the MG Rezel Type C seems really sturdy especially for something with all that crap on it, though it also comes with an action base, and an Action Base is gonna be pretty necessary. The limbs though, on things like the RG Zeta, are still a bit weak. Usually, I make a pose that looks good, and use a bit of painted putty on certain areas to keep the parts up. If you want a more permanent solution, use plastic cement, though then it'll be fixed into the pose. But sometimes it is better than having constantly flopped down arms/legs.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mythgarr

I have problem with MG ReZEL type-C. Not the transformation, but the way that if you screw up shield-to-body port on the below cockpit part of ReZel, you won't be able to attach the shield and complete the transformation. I need to completely dismantle the body to fix that, and have not yet done it.
I like the MS Form though. It looks bad-ass.
Visit The Dreams