Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xenosynth

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

The Nu Ver Ka hands are very nice, but I had the same issue as Kratos. Be VERY careful with the tips of the fingers, if they come off they don't like going back on. The double peg mechanism though it excellent, I only with it would have been on the Sinanju, since I can't get the damned thing to hold anything. But the Nu Gundam is very good overall.

Also, anyone see the unpainted colors on the Rozen Zulu? I guess bandai couldn't get the main purple correct, it looks... bleh.
Fignuts

Good lord, it looks almost brown. How did they screw that up so badly? It's worse than the MG Kampfer.
Xenosynth

I keep trying to think that it has to do with the way they paint the plastic. But I have no clue. I mean, it's pretty bad. I'd expect that more from a 90s kit. Thing is, I've seen the correct shades of purple on the Angelo Sauper Geara Zulu. Or what appears to be. So... yeah. Bandai kinda messed up on that one.
Mythgarr

Probably they want to tone down the gayness of that unit by adding brownish purple :D ?
Visit The Dreams
Fignuts

Just finished the MG Marasai, and I absolutely hate the new hands. This is the only MG I've put together that uses this new finger swap system, mind you, but if all the other kits have the same problems holding onto a simple beam rifle, I'm gonna be pissed.

I just don't see what was wrong with the peg system.
Kratos

I've never had problems with the swappable fingers when it comes to weapons, but I've also never built the Marasai, so maybe it uses a slightly inferior setup.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Fignuts

Yeah, I haven't heard other people complain about any other recent MG's, so I'm hoping it's just this one. It's not that big of a deal for the marasai, since the kit can hold it two handed just fine, and that's how he held it in the show.
Xenosynth

It's just the Marasai. I remember watching a few reviews and that was a consistent problem. Don't worry, not all MGs are like that now. The fingers themselves look good, but that beam rifle, they just weren't made for holding it one handed.
Robolizard222

I have found that swap-able fingers to be advantageous if your just displaying your model, and won't be touching it for a long time. Personally I like the 2.0 hands best, because they are pose able yet they still can hold onto most equipment. Frankly everything that comes out now is still better than the early 2000's hands (looking at you OVA EW Wing zero who can't even hold it's guns).
People ask me if I'm a cat or a dog person. I'm actually a dog person. They taste better.
Fignuts

I've pretty much only committed to getting the bigger early master grades like the Dom, since they have the peg hands. Everything else, like the Zaku I and GP01, I'll wait for Ver 2.0's.

Actually shocked we haven't gotten 2.0's of the Zaku or Gundam (G). So much opportunity for recolors and reusable parts. Thought Bandai would be all over that.
wilcosu35

I must admit i was a bit sceptical at first to the return of swappable fingers. it seemed archaic, considering some of the first MG's used them. But i also have lots of MG's with posable fingers, and some of them have real problems with holding their weapons properly. Some with the old hinge-system (Wing Zero EW), some with the newer balljointed fingers, which have a tendency to become loose really fast (MKII and zeta 2.0, crossbone X1).
Now, after having several models featuring fingerswapping, i find that they are the best option, IF properly molded to hold the weapons that the MS comes with (victory gundam still has issues with that) and sturdy enough not to disconnect from the hand palms easily.

On the topic of 2.0 models, i think that the GP-series are more in need of an upgrade than the Gundam (G) types. the GP are fragile, somewhat flimsy and not exactly the right colour, while the (G) are very sturdy and despite their age, very poseable. I do think that the (G) would benefit from swappable fingers, since some of their wapens can't be held all that securely
Raiden

Truthfully though i think Aegis, Buster, Blitz, and Duel might have done well with the 2.0 style hands instead of the swapable ones. I mean the Astrays did perfectly fine with them and are some of the most sturdier hands i've built in a MG.

Same goes for AGE-1 and the AGE-2/Dark Hound. I mean those hands seem pretty huge from the pictures and they gave it a really pose-able thumb already. But eh i guess it may help with the future AGE-3 and FX on the way given their heavy weaponry.

But in the end, i expect them to use swappable fingers whenever they decide to do the rest of the 00 team, X and so on and so forth and of course the future Gundam shows in the years to come.

As for what needs a 2.0 i agree with the GP series. It might do wonders for GP-02 considering how it can't hold its freaking shield, and GP-03 which was in my brother's opinion, the crappiest one out of the lot.

I would also like to see the NT-1 Alex get a 2.0 too. They could branch that off into a 2.0 GM Custom, GM Quel, and if they really want to, GM Cannon II.

I'm shocked they didn't milk the 2.0 Gelgoog more too. I would have loved to a get a better version of Anaval Gato's Gelgoog cause i love that variant's rifles. Plus it would be awesome to see Cima's Commander Marine and a Jaegar too.
Kratos

Well Katoki, at least, seems to be dedicated to his PG-style hands seen in his Nu - the Sinanju Stein uses them too. I'm good with either (they each have their pros and cons), but it's worth noting that not ALL new kits have been using the swappable finger sets just yet.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Mythgarr

Enough with the hands. What about the hip? Are the legs on Nu prone to get loose and thus drop? I hate the hips of bunch of MG Strike variants that I have.
Visit The Dreams
wilcosu35

I don't know about them wearing out, but he's got a display stand for that. The pelvis is the same kind of design as on the AGE-1 MG's. Which worries me a bit because my AGE-1 took a nosedive off the shelf after falling over, and the pelvis rotator part simply broke off. I think that's due to the use of PVC instead of solid ABS.
Xenosynth

My Nu has been standing fine for a few days, no falling parts at all so I assume the hips are fine. The side skirts are pretty good as well. THe only problem parts for me were the funnels, BUT beyond that it stays in the air perfectly fine and the legs and whole build overall is pretty solid. There's a reason Dalong gave it a 120/100.

Anyway, back to upcoming models, HGUC Zaku II Hi-Mo is looking pretty good. I'm keen on Matsunaga's version myself.

Also, any speculation on kits for 08th MS Team's blu ray release? I know the flight type gouf was shown extensively in what I could see of it, it's a pretty cool variation so I'd definitely be interested in an HGUC of it.
Fignuts

Xenosynth wrote:
Also, any speculation on kits for 08th MS Team's blu ray release? I know the flight type gouf was shown extensively in what I could see of it, it's a pretty cool variation so I'd definitely be interested in an HGUC of it.

I still think 2.0's of the gundams and gm's could happen. While it's true that they're a little better than their other early MG brethren, it's still a very far cry from what we've got now. On top of that, it's a gundam, and a main mobile suit of the series. Also they could milk it as much as the zaku II, what with the gm's, ez8, and even blue destiny.

I could see a gouf flight type in hguc. Weren't there customized zaku II's in there, with slightly altered armor? I could see them getting a kit too.
Gearhead1182

I know its wishing alot but I always wanted Bandai to release a HG 1/144 verison or a MSIA of the Neue Ziel from 0083. I know they have a 1/550 version but they released the Dendrobium in 1/144 and MSIA, its only logical to have its rival which would be a beast. I also know that they have a 1/220 resin kit but only available in Japan and the attached price tag plus shipping is asking alot :shock: .
Raiden

You mean Robot Spirits (Damashii), MSIA died off during 00's 1st season run. Kinda glad it did because the quality wasn't my style.

But yea it would be interesting to see a HGUC Neue Ziel. Same goes for Gerbera Tetra which is about all thats left from 0083 that needs a HGUC. Possibly could happen if they port it to Blu-Ray next too.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

HGUC Neue Zeil has a 0.000001% chance of happening because it would be too expensive and too big. The 1/550 scale is as big as a MG RX-78, so a 1/144 scale would be bigger than a PG, or probably bigger. Price wise, it would also likely be in the PG level range. For comparison, the HGUC Dendrobium costs 28k yen.