00 movie Gundams in 1/100?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
nettrekker

00 movie Gundams in 1/100?

Hi everyone,

I'm usually a fan of 1/100 and 1/60 scale model kits... I mostly have all the 1/100 (NG and MG) SEED and 00 kits, and the last few PG 1/60 kits too (Strike, Strike Rouge, 00 Raiser). That being said, having seen the Gundam 00 movie recently, I'm wondering if the HG 1/144 kits of the new Gundams are worth buying or not. I'm willing to wait a bit if I knew that Bandai was going to release 1/100 kits of Zabanya, Harute and Raphael eventually, but based on what I've read, people seem to think that Bandai is starting to abandon the 1/100 NG line and that chances of seeing those mobile suits in 1/100 scale are pretty low. What do you think?
Raiden

Re: 00 movie Gundams in 1/100?

The 1/144 HG's are pretty good from what i hear but i would wait to see if they pull another fast one by releasing updated versions with the final battle equipment like how they did with the S2 Gundams. Well at least for Zabanya and Harute.

As for 1/100's perhaps they plan to MG them like Qan[T], who knows? Only time will tell.
Arsarcana

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 1/100 kits since there hasn't been a peep yet (where there really should have been by now) but the HG kits are really good. Sure, they lack some details (like most of Zabanya's missile pods which would be a pain to reproduce in 1/144 and full articulation on Raphael's cannons) but they've got great general articulation, the detailing isn't bad at all and they're a lot more affordable. Plus, since there are tons more kits in that scale you can do dioramas and the like a lot easier. As for other kits, if they do more I expect Seravee II before anything else. After that probably 00Q (Quantum Burst Mode), then maybe Harute with the boosters and a second head for 'Marute Mode' and Zabanya with the extra Holster/Rifle Bits (as long as I'm guessing I wouldn't say no to some part-swapping for the aforementioned ankle, knee, forearm and shoulder missiles but that's not terribly likely).
valkyriepilot

don't forget Dynames Repair and Setsuna's Flag too 8)
nettrekker

valkyriepilot wrote:don't forget Dynames Repair and Setsuna's Flag too 8)
I think that if Bandai is willing to continue the 1/144 Gundam 00 movie line, they'll probably release the Seravee II and GN-XIV next... For some reason, the GN-X line is very popular with Bandai; they had the original GN-X released as a Master Grade after Exia whereas there are many other designs in the 00 universe that should've deserved the MG treatment well before the GN-X. After that, I probably think Setsuna's Flag will be next... followed lastly by Dynames Repair. It's strange that there's not much information on Dynames Repair even if it only appeared for a minute. We don't even have an official lineart released on this mobile suit yet and it's been four months since the movie's initial release.