Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Heecarl_Reez

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

And to add some:

- HG Nobel Berserker Mode-1500 yen, September (hmm Ninja'd)
- RD Unicorn Full Action Version (lame name...:P)- 4000 yen, October
- HG Gundam Age-1 Normal
- MG Delta Plus
- MG 007S/G (GN Sword II Blaster sighted)
- HGFC Master & Fuunsaiki
- HGFC Shining

MG Epyon EW related:

- Review by Meister Morishita
- Hobby Search page

Composite related:

- GFF Metal Composite RX 78-2 Origin ver
- COmposite Ver Ka Cybuster (Will included the Vanity Ripper it seems, but it's too short I think..T_T)

EDITED
source:gundam-guy
prince_of_zeon

So does anyone know what makes the full action version of the Damashii Unicorn, well, "full action" as opposed to normal? Something to do with articulation?
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
valkyriepilot

^as far as the scans show, it does seem to have improved poseability, as shown in the 2nd and 3rd panes at the bottom of the scan. the 1st pane also shows it to be taller than the 1st release.
AceWhatever

So who else is waiting for their MG Epyon to arrive by looking at the decal placement sheet and crying themselves to sleep? :p
kayone73

The only thing I'm planning to preordering is the MG 7SG as soon as it's available.
valkyriepilot

kayone73 wrote:The only thing I'm planning to preordering is the MG 7SG as soon as it's available.
+1 on this. though i did order an MG Infinite Justice (way waaaay overdue, i know...), but other than that, it's HGUC/HG fest for me 8)
SNT1

Me? I just bought a Tieren Taozi and an Enact, 1/144. Working on a HG Tieren right now.

Economy sucks, Dollar sucks, LEGO is so good right now, so HG's only for me right now. As awesome as the MG Epyon is there's an equally awesome HGFC Master Gundam (sans horsey, don't care for that) coming up.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
valkyriepilot

@SNT1: yeah HG's are really raising the bar in terms of design and details. and they aren't too draining on the wallet either. got my eyes on the GM Cannon II and GM III myself... GMs FTW!
kayone73

I searched 'macross SDF-1 1/3000 assembly kit' with no results.

Has anyone seen or considered ordering the fully 'assemble & paint yourself' 1/3000 SDF-1 kit by Yamato toys? Bargain price at 15,800 yen

http://www.mech9.com/blog/2011/05/13000 ... it-dx-ltd/

http://www.mech9.com/blog/wp-content/up ... oto01b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2197/576 ... c46d_z.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/576 ... f6db_z.jpg
1-4-4

kayone73 wrote:I searched 'macross SDF-1 1/3000 assembly kit' with no results.

Has anyone seen or considered ordering the fully 'assemble & paint yourself' 1/3000 SDF-1 kit by Yamato toys? Bargain price at 15,800 yen
Lots of discussion about this kit on the Macross World forums. It's pretty badass.

It's the same as their pre-assembled version, of course, just in kit form. But there are some additions:
  • 1:3000 scale Valkyries on launch arms (to pose launching out of ARMD bays... Yes, they're tiny, they're made of photo-etch metal.)
  • Glow in the dark stickers to provide the illusion of lit windows
  • Alternate thruster parts for the feet
  • "Destroyed main cannon" parts
I'd love to get one, personally, but I just can't justify that kind of cost.
kayone73

reeoyuy wrote:Next RG is Freedom Gundam.
Yup, the gunpla forums are already in a love/hate rage about it. Andres Cerrato was right, Gunpla fans are incredibly annoying.
reeoyuy

kayone73 wrote: Yup, the gunpla forums are already in a love/hate rage about it. Andres Cerrato was right, Gunpla fans are incredibly annoying.
Strange, I thought that Freedom is widely more acceptable than Strike Freedom.

As for figures, many new ones seen on Tamashii festival. Among them, most notably:
-Metal Build Freedom
-RD AGE series (AGE-1 Normal, Sparrow, Titus, and Gafran)
-RD GNX-IV
-RD Gouf Custom
-RD Duel AS and Buster Gundam

Those RDs don't seem to have release date yet, hopefully all them made it into production and not into development hell.
Heecarl_Reez

thxgoditsnotSF thxgoditsnotSF thxgoditsnotSF thxgoditsnotSF thxgoditsnotSF thxgoditsnotSF (yet).... yeah... Might gonna dip for RG Freedom, and ah they release the MB too?? Here's hoping for 00Q/Exia next, but it's okay...They gotta capitalize with SEED 10th anniversary afterall. Next, Blu ray release bandai?? Rewrite Destiny?? hahaha...

Anyway RD Gouf Custom already have a release date: November and will be priced at 3500 yen. GN-X IV I hope didn't become a Tamashii web limited item.
iKhaotic

Call me uninformed, but question: What are the pros and cons of a RG kit? I've heard numerous things good and bad about them, some say they're PGs but in 1/144 scale and a quarter of the price, others say that they have less detail. Can anyone fill me in?

I'm a big fan of the CE designs and thinking of getting the Strike soon and maybe the Freedom also...
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Dark Duel

Hmmm...well, they're 1/144-scale, high-detail kits. I would say not quite as detailed as a PG, but still more detailed than most MGs.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Heecarl_Reez

I always think that HG + PG+ MG= RG, The detail comparation is like Dark_Duel said .If you don't mind, here's my experience with RG RX 78-2:

Pros:
- Fantastic detail for 1/144 scale, so many panel lines, and the color distribution is really good.
- If you like your kit eh like Bandai says 'more real' (Oh yeah, realistic decal), there's tons of marking stickers provided, I especially like the metallic one for joints/ eyes.
- Good range of motion/articulation, the joint is solid, weapon stays solid if you managed to get it into the slot in the hand
- Articulated finger is cool, Core fighter-> Block Gimmick in 1/144 scale?? Yeaaah!!!
- Seriously the box is awesome, bought it because of the box myself.

Mins:
- Some parts tend to fall off. (had problem with rear skirt/red parts of the feet)
- The joint for the fingers is not cool at all, rather weak, and often fall off for me when I'm trying to put the beam rifle/saber to the hands. (YMMV, maybe it's also because the joint is getting weaker as time passed by)
- Shield connection to the hand is really weak.

Well seems like it turned out to be a mini review of RG Gundam, granted I don't own any RG after the Gundam, but hopefully you do get the idea. As you can see the pros outweighs the mins for me, and considering it's the first RG production from Bandai, the newer release should be better than the Gundam (RG Strike shield connection looks better than the Gundam at least). As long as the finger is still articulated, you might have to deal with the 2nd minus points though.
quasadra

i have RG Strike and i can say Strike have none of the flaws Heecarl_Reez mentioned. the only place that i have a problem with, is the upper wings of Aile Pack cannot fully swing down to a storage position. but that is not a deal breaker IMO and owning it is the reason i am not going to buy the Robot Damashii Aile Strike. i would say RG is essentially a gunpla with the detail and gimmick of a MG, but with the size and price of a HG.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
SNT1

I find the HG Strike and Freedom terribly average, so I'm actually thinking about buying their RG versions.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
valkyriepilot

And now that more RG versions of older HG 1/144 kits are due to come out, I can now use the HG versions for kitbashing :twisted: