MG, HG or (dare I say it?) PG?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
mobiusdiablo

MG, HG or (dare I say it?) PG?

I've been thinking about restarting my Gunpla habi-I mean...collection, but I don't know where to start. I would like to try Exia in particular, but there seems to be so many of them that I don't know which one's good. Keeping in mind money, would I be better off with a HG or nuking the wallet for a MG/PG?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
jabman025

Re: MG, HG or (dare I say it?) PG?

If you fairly new gundam kits I would stick with the HG kits, if you've built a few kits already then you can go for the MG kit, however PG kits are for seasoned veterans.................with deep pockets.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
SNT1

I'd avoid the PG or 1/60 line if I were you. Too much money, and even if your favorite unit made it into PG it wouldnt have many friends (even if you had ~$2000 to buy them all).

MG Exia is best Exia. So go MG for that.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

I don't know if it's just mine that's defective, but the arm on my MG Exia is extremely loose, and the lower part of the upper arm(above the elbow) tends to slide right off if it's moved a certain way.
So unless you can find a good deal on the MG Exia SE that has the Repair parts, I'd say the HG.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
mobiusdiablo

Well, I've only built the Z'Gok Char Custom and Zaku Char Custom, since those were the only ones available where I used to live. I don't remember what grade they were, but they had quite a few pieces.

I know that I might be going WAY out of my league in both skill and money, but what do you guys think of the Unicorn Gundam (the big one)? I don't know of any new models, but I'm pretty sure that some might be released due to UC's release.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Dark Duel

I've assembled probably 4 or 5 MGs and twice that many HGs...and Unicorn is WAAAAY out of my league.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Fignuts

Havn't built it myself, but from what I've seen, the MG Unicorn is a very complicated kit. Go with a HG kit. Or at most, a MG from G gundam. Those are pretty easy builds.
jabman025

There are handfull of MG kits that I would deem EXPERT kits, very complex with tons of detail that your casual building might get overwhelmed with. The Unicorn is challenging but if you get the OVA version it will be a little easier. If you decide to tackle it just remember to take your time and do not rush things.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Fignuts

Yeah, it's not as if you can't figure it out. The more complicated ones just require a lot more patience. But still, it's good to get a HG or 2 under your belt, just to get used to the directions, and stuff like that.
iKhaotic

MGs aren't that difficult if you've built Gunplas in the past. yes they are more detailed and sometimes a bit more complicated, but Bandai does a great job with their instructions (99% of the time lol) so it shouldn't be too hard.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
exxecutor000

HG Exia is good enough: good build, detail and articulation. Very good compared to older HGs. Note that there are no clear beam blade parts included though.

Just that a few parts soon will get loose, namely: right elbow due to heavy sword, joints of the beam dagger, and the mounting of Long & Short sword.

I suggest you buy the HG version first (cheap), and later MG for more accuracy and flexibility.

Alternatively, I recommend these HGs:
1. HGUC Unicorn - Unicorn or Destroy mode, both are excellent!
2. HG SEED Strike Noir - one of the best HG of SEED.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero