Pros and cons of MG of wing zero custom and destiny gundam

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Den

Pros and cons of MG of wing zero custom and destiny gundam

to all those who own the kits pls tell me the pros and cons so i know if both are good kits, i have already visited dalong and need more inputs from owners! thanks people
SNT1

Re: Pros and cons of MG of wing zero custom and destiny gundam

Nearly impossible out of the box for the WZC to hold its gun properly, let alone do its classic poses with the TBR. Can't speak for the Destiny, though.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Heecarl_Reez

I can speak for Destiny,because I have it.generally people always find the Hip joint annoying(That makes the legs spread wider),well I'm not having that much trouble with it cause I never bother with the switch though.The shoulder joint might be bit limited than MG SF or IJ(don't know exactly though,I don't own those two),but it still offer nice poseability for Destiny...What else?maybe some minor cons I have that the Arondight is that heavy,really(holding with one hand is difficult)..Overall it's still a nice model IMO.
AceWhatever

Lesse...

- The combination of heavy backpack and somewhat flimsy legs on the Destiny make ground poses a tricky balancing act.

- The tab on the back that allows the torso to bend tends to come loose and is difficult to reach without removing the backpack. This is what I really hate about the model as opposed to the crotch switch.

- The hard point for mounting the beam rifle on the rear skirt armor is poorly designed and the rifle will fall off at the slightest nudge.

- Sometimes it's difficult to get the palm beam shield emitter to pop up but I don't care much since I prefer physical shields.

- You have to do some maneuvering to get the model's hand to hold the launcher handle while it's facing vertically down. I find it easier to have the handle facing sideways. Also beware of rotating the handle too much. I've heard multiple accounts of the handle's peg snapping off ( http://ngeekhiongex.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... art-5.html ).
Heecarl_Reez

whoa Ace you post things that I really forget to said,maybe also because I'm overly biased to Destiny T_T..

About the launcher handle it might help if before you constructing it,you already made it a "bit" loose,by rotating it a bit.It might..:P.
AceWhatever

I love my MG Destiny as well. That's why I mess around with it a lot and discover all the flaws.
Den

hmm im really happy with how my MG strike freedom turned out to be, would the destiny and wing zero custom able to match the quality of the SFG? or would those 2 kits have more bugs and problems than the SFG? so far the SFG i have didnt have any problems for me
AceWhatever

Well I guess you're lucky you didn't run into the wing joints problem that I hear plagued the SF. The Destiny is newer than the SF and despite the flaws we mentioned is a pretty nice kit. The WZC on the other hand is a pre-2005 MG meaning it doesn't have hand plugs or the new hip joints that allow it to do the splits.

I don't think anything more can be said about the two kits. The rest is up to your decision.
Den

wing joints? what is the problem with those? hehehe and what are hand plugs? i dont know bout those hahaha thanks guys
AceWhatever

Hand plugs are those small tabs in the model's hands that fit into slots on the weapons to allow it to grip them more firmly.

Some MG SF supposedly have weak wings that sag down but I don't know any details personally, just something I heard offhand.
Den

hmmm thanks now i know that those are the hand plugs hahaha bout the wings of sfg maybe it because people tend to open them and close them which causes the plastic part holding together the wing to break down, i suggest opening them or closing them slowly, thats what i do with mine and so far i haven't encountered that problem hehe

any other MG that would be worth considering? are the hand of the WZC like the MG of the burning gundam? where it is molded rubber and not like the hand of SFG and Destiny where it is made of hard plastic
Heecarl_Reez

Rubber hands is already in the past man :D..The L parts(some of it construct the hand),is made of ABS,so you don't need to worry about it.If you have MG Freedom(or Strike variants maybe),it's probably just like that.
Last edited by Heecarl_Reez on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I know I asked this already buuuuuuuuuuuuut

What about regular MG Destiny VS Extreme Burst Destiny?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Shea

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I know I asked this already buuuuuuuuuuuuut

I have extreme burst, and let me tell you that the wings of light fall off REAL easy.
The joints are all silvery and shiny too, so if you make any marks it will SHOW.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Heecarl_Reez

The only difference is that EBM packed with more shiny things for your MG Destiny.My only loss for not having EBM is just the WoL actually,but of course each with his own opinions...So think hard,and decide what the best for you,although,whateaver you choose is win,IMO.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Shea wrote:

I have extreme burst, and let me tell you that the wings of light fall off REAL easy.
The joints are all silvery and shiny too, so if you make any marks it will SHOW.
Are the wings hard to put back on, though?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Shea

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
Shea wrote:

Are the wings hard to put back on, though?
They are stubborn, but no. The problem is that they're too easy to put back on, and there's little to nothing holding them in place.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Heecarl_Reez

Either you glue it,or maybe you want to put a piece of paper to made it hold,that's what I do if something doesn't hold tight in my kits(sad way I know).
quasadra

i dont have any problem with the WOL. it took just me a while to figure out how to put it on.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Den

ahhh so the only difference is that the destiny can hold its weapons better than the WZC due to the plugs hmmm thanks for the info guys, really helped me decide which one i would get, i'll update you guys soon which one i get when i go to the store haha

off topic, does anyone know how good the 1/100 exia and cherudim kits are?