Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors VIII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Jak Crow

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors VIII

Putting together the MG Blue Frame right now, and the skeleton pieces are using the hidden runner points usually used for coated kits like the Akatsuki and Hyaku Shiki. I'm guessing that means a MG Gold Frame kit of some kind is on its way.
Yardly

I'm sure we'll get the whole rainbow eventually. :lol:
jabman025

Yardly wrote:I'm sure we'll get the whole rainbow eventually. :lol:
I expect the following kits over the next 4 years from the Astray line.

1. Red Frame
2. Gold Frame (one arm version)
3. Gold Frame (aramatsu version)
4. Green Frame
5. Mirage Frame
6. Civilian model Frame
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Jak Crow

We'll definitely see Red Frame, I think we'll see Gold Frame Amatu before and if there's a one arm version, I hope they'd include the "Okitsu no Kagami" equipment. Then Green Frame, then hopefully Blue Frame Third. I don't think we'll every see anything like the civilian Frame.
jabman025

never underestimate the ability of Bandai to remake a kit into things you never thought they would
Last edited by jabman025 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Jak Crow

Eh, Bandai has never milked a non-featured unit in MG kits, unless you want to count the zaku, but that's more because it's iconic to the Gundam franchise. The several MG Strike kits were always of featured units. The Strike design has never been turned into a MG Dagger for example. There's no real gimmick to making a MG Civ Frame, and it's not a featured unit like the other frames. They haven't made a 1/100 of it even after two 1/144 versions. It's an interesting design, but it's only exposure has been 5 minutes in Stargazer and some minor appeance in Frame Astray.
DeltasTaii

The MG Astray's new proportions actually pretty much match up with the Civilian Astray now. It's semi-worth doing if they decide to get a Turn Delta out of it. There's 4 different variations on the civilian model after all (DSSD, Arms, JG, Turn Delta).

Raysta is also another unlikely option, but I think we would get the M1 family before either, considering the pilot line-up they've seen (Astray Girls, Rondo Gina, Jean Carry, Barry Ho).
Jak Crow

It's probably unlikely we'll even see a MG Green Frame. The only extra gimmick it would bring is the dual beam lance-rifle. Red Frame with the flight pack would be great.

I've finished with the MG Blue. Looks great, though it would be nice if it matched up with the 1/100 kits a little more as far as scale goes. Several pieces of the MG kit are just plain smaller than their 1/100 counterparts, which can't be explained away by the MG kit being a "revision" of the Blue Frame. I would love if Bandai would actually make an effort to have some consistency of scale between the grades.
Dark Duel

Jak Crow wrote:Several pieces of the MG kit are just plain smaller than their 1/100 counterparts, which can't be explained away by the MG kit being a "revision" of the Blue Frame.
Actually, yes it can. Because Blue Frame Second Revise is described as "a redesigned mecha which incorporates Asian jungle operations data gained from the MBF-P03 Blue Frame Third into the highly versatile Second L."

So it's different because it's not Second L, it's a modified version thereof.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Jak Crow

Dark Duel wrote:
Jak Crow wrote:Several pieces of the MG kit are just plain smaller than their 1/100 counterparts, which can't be explained away by the MG kit being a "revision" of the Blue Frame.
Actually, yes it can. Because Blue Frame Second Revise is described as "a redesigned mecha which incorporates Asian jungle operations data gained from the MBF-P03 Blue Frame Third into the highly versatile Second L."

So it's different because it's not Second L, it's a modified version thereof.
Except that's not really the case here. There are some parts on the MG Blue that just shouldn't have changed size. Bandai often has a consistency issue when it comes to scale between the different lines, hell, sometimes within the SAME line.
Geoxile

If you mean proportion then MGs always change proportions. Pretty much all of the SEED kits, seriously. But the MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise looks pretty accurate to me.

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/vsastray/mbf-p03r.htm
Jak Crow

Geoxile wrote:If you mean proportion then MGs always change proportions. Pretty much all of the SEED kits, seriously. But the MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise looks pretty accurate to me.
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/vsastray/mbf-p03r.htm
It's not just proportions, but you're already aware of the issues with the SEED kits over the years, like the NG Infinite Justice vs the MG, the NG is clearly smaller. Or the old SEED kits being rereleased right now compared to the newer NG and MG kits. At least the 00 NG kits don't suffer the same problems compared to the MG Exia, but then another SEED kit comes out and what will be different this time round.
Geoxile

Ok, if it's not just proportions then can you give some examples of these odd distortions?
Jak Crow

Geoxile wrote:Ok, if it's not just proportions then can you give some examples of these odd distortions?
I'd say the old 1/100 SEED kits with their general over-sizeness compared to later Destiny kits and their MG counterparts. The MG IJ was just plain a bigger model than the NG 1/100 version, which isn't a bad thing, but really they should have been the same size. I've probably put together more SEED kits than other series so I've seen this with these kits the most. It's safe to say they're going to reuse parts from the MG Blue for the other frames in the future, but I wonder if they're going to say these are going to be "revised" versions or not. It's not been an issue with most of the 00 kits.
Laevatein

You're misunderstanding the "Revise" tag on the MG Blue Frame. It's not a model kit tag like "Trans Am Color Version" or something, it's the name of the actual mobile suit variant.
valkyriepilot

Laevatein wrote:You're misunderstanding the "Revise" tag on the MG Blue Frame. It's not a model kit tag like "Trans Am Color Version" or something, it's the name of the actual mobile suit variant.
I think he got the use of the "Revise" tag, and he actually raises a very good point in that, let's say should Bandai release Red Frame in MG, would it be declared as redesigned in-universe also as "Revised" version? Just like how the MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise was declared an in-universe redesign of the same MS within Astray storyline.
Jak Crow wrote:
Geoxile wrote:Ok, if it's not just proportions then can you give some examples of these odd distortions?
I'd say the old 1/100 SEED kits with their general over-sizeness compared to later Destiny kits and their MG counterparts. The MG IJ was just plain a bigger model than the NG 1/100 version, which isn't a bad thing, but really they should have been the same size. I've probably put together more SEED kits than other series so I've seen this with these kits the most. It's safe to say they're going to reuse parts from the MG Blue for the other frames in the future, but I wonder if they're going to say these are going to be "revised" versions or not. It's not been an issue with most of the 00 kits.
As to the size/proportion issues, I can't really give a definitive answer why, say the Blue Frame in NG 1/100 is "chunkier" than the Blue Frame in MG, or why the NG 1/100 I-Justice is a head smaller than its MG counterpart. I could only assume that there were some goof-ups in the design process of the NG 1/100 I-Justice, and that they kinda fixed it in the MG version. Haven't taken scale measurements to verify which is correct to scale though, but I'd bet my money on the MG. For Blue Frame, my assumption is just to make it sleeker and introduce the dual beam blade gimmick.

Hmmm... I dunno why you would be citing 00 kits as an example of non-issue for size/proportions, seeing as there's only one MG to date from that line - MG Exia. And this side by side comparison between the NG and the MG should show quite a lot of differences (copy + paste to browser, image is from Dalong). But it might not be outrightly visible at first glance because the Exia is already a well designed kit in NG form, the MG just improves a lot on it. To someone who's been building a lot of kits for sometime already though, the MG ought to command more attention.
DeltasTaii

The Destiny MGs are way out of scale. Bandai just said **** it and made them OYW height instead of CE height. MG Strike, Strike E, Freedom, and Blue Frame are perfectly right though.

Barring the screw up on Infinite Justice's midget head making it too short, 1/100 SEED kits are also basically perfectly within scale, the Master Grades and plain 1/100s are the same height wise, the MGs are just thinner and make up slightly more of the height with longer V-fins. I don't even know what you're talking about with the Destiny ones being smaller, 1/100 Strike and Impulse are almost exactly the same size, and 1/100 Freedom and Strike Freedom are the same height-but the latter is fat as hell. The ZAKUs are inherently bigger than anything else in the line. There is absolutely no significant difference in sizing between kits from the two series.

Gale Strike might be a bit too tall. That gives us 2 out of scale kits in the entire 1/100 line, both with obvious proportion problems anyways. I'm really tired of going over this.

I like how everyone's forgetting how a redesigned Red Frame already got released. It has a bit bigger legs to hold up the weight, but the details and style are pretty much the same.
SNT1

1/100 SEED Destiny designs are accurate to the lineart. For example, look:

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/zgmf-x20a.htm
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934152

....That said, I'd still rather have MG versions of everything in that era.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

MG victory gundam and 1/144 masurao are now out

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... s-now.html

wheeee, orange beam blades, took em long enough.
Flag Fighter for life!
Heecarl_Reez

Ahh it's finally out MG V Ver Ka it is...I've just looked at the manuals,few things to said:
-1st Impession,is damn..that's small 'Unicorn'..I do think it's a very complex kit(Well I haven't built Unicorn though),and it's being small really doesn't help...Gotta prepare myself for this.
-There's polycaps!!For Ball joints only though,just when I thought they went on all ABS route.Well I glad they did that,I personally don't like the way VSBR Ball joints are in F91 MG.
-Limited movement in the hip to be expected,the design doesn't allowed it to,and there's the transformation.Fair enough for me.

Well that's the impression by manual only though,good for image training,but can't substitute the real one..I'll wait for the arrival of mine :D..P.S:the 'Ka-ized' V is just awesome..;)

Damn you Bandai doing the orange beam saber now,why not on HG Reborns Gundam??grrrr...