Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors VIII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
quasadra

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors VIII

yes. what is the Gundam X with harmonica cannon called again? that totally needs a MG.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Heecarl_Reez

Well after waiting for 10+ Years,it's hard to not get emotional for the release,but actually I also like the V1 design :D(Thx to the fact I've just rewatching it too ).
@quasadra:GX Divider,also nice design.DX is a must,and I won't be surprised if they made the G-Falcon.^^
Oruma

I'm relatively neutral about the V, I'm also looking forward to the Hexa / Dash configuartions but most important of all the mobility of the thing maybe quite limited.

On the other hand, HGUC ReZel! This i'll most certainly get :D
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
T.V.

The MG Victory is great news! :D

What's the big deal for Bandai to use the "Ver. Ka." addition though?

I understand why the Ver. Ka RX-78-2 and Wing Gundam were called that, since they're a Katoki rendition of someone else's design, but the Unicorn and Victory already were his designs to begin with..

Sounds like a lousy marketing gimmick to highlight his involvement in creating the modelkit designs. :?
Calubin_175

The timing of the V Gundam announcement was quite peculiar for me. Just about two weeks ago, I ordered two F91s since it was the only production type, cost effective, high tech and iconic Gundam that I could settle for. The V Gundam has always been my favourite design for the same reasons, but the F91 still held its significance for being the final Gundam being fielded by EFSF.

When I first heard the rumour of the MG V Gundam few days after my order, I knew that it would be marketed as a Ver.ka, given that the trend of pure Katoki designs receiving the treatment has started from the MG Crossbone Gundam. The retail price for also precedented as well since it comes with an extra core fighter.

My fondness for the V Gundam dates back to 1993, the time when I first got into Gundam.
Sulendil Zeta

Oruma wrote:I'm relatively neutral about the V, I'm also looking forward to the Hexa / Dash configuartions but most important of all the mobility of the thing maybe quite limited.

On the other hand, HGUC ReZel! This i'll most certainly get :D
Well, I don't know about Dash, but you can indeed build a Hexa version of this fella.

Another +1 for me. I'm very excited for this kit. STAND UP TO THE VICTORY!
VentZX

T.V. wrote:The MG Victory is great news! :D

What's the big deal for Bandai to use the "Ver. Ka." addition though?

I understand why the Ver. Ka RX-78-2 and Wing Gundam were called that, since they're a Katoki rendition of someone else's design, but the Unicorn and Victory already were his designs to begin with..

Sounds like a lousy marketing gimmick to highlight his involvement in creating the modelkit designs. :?
A lot of people don't get this. Ver Ka doesn't refer to that MS being a Katoki-ized version of itself. That's a misconception. Rather, MG Ver. Ka is a brand line, referring to the fact that Katoki himself was involved in every aspect of the model kit production, from CAD drawings, to manual design, the MS itself. Katoki is a talented individual, and them putting his name on it is NOT just a marketing ploy.

To summerize: It's not Victory Gundam Ver. Ka, it's Victory Gundam, released under the MG Ver. Ka line. Get it?

That said...YES!!!!! YES!!!!! MG Victory Gundam is about the greatest news all year! The fact that it comes with the Hexa head right in the box, and apparently enough core fighters to have the three components flying separately is just fantastic! This is a definite must buy, and the fact that we're getting this just makes a V2 MG all the more likely!
T.V.

VentZX wrote:Rather, MG Ver. Ka is a brand line, referring to the fact that Katoki himself was involved in every aspect of the model kit production, from CAD drawings, to manual design, the MS itself. Katoki is a talented individual, and them putting his name on it is NOT just a marketing ploy.
That I already knew, but the phrase "Version Katoki" implies a pre-existing design has been redesigned by Katoki, despite it being used to notify Katoki's direct involvement in the creation of the modelkit, irrespective of the design's origin.

I don't mind Bandai highlighting Katoki's involvement, which is very understandable in itself, but the brandname "Ver. Ka." is poorly chosen to reflect that, if I may say so.
They way it's used just sounds silly IMO, hence me finding it a lousy marketing gimmick.

That said, apparently it works so it is all good on Bandai's part. :P
joelfinkle

On the Ver Ka -- to me that's a sign that it's going to be a very detailed model, with excellent proportions and waaaaay too many stickers and rub-ons (I'd pay a couple more bucks if they came with the waterslide decals -- it shouldn't be more than, say 200Y more for decal sheets than the stickers and rub-ons).

I don't see the big deal about the Victory. It's just not that exciting a suit, except for a nice separation/core fighter mechanism. The V2 is spiffier in just about every way (and an Assault version would be on my xmas list). The price is nice, I have to say, even accounting for the fact that it's a dinky suit.

The V 1/144 no-grades were among the first kits I bought from overseas, after exhausting the Toys-R-Us selection of Wing kits. They're a lot of fun for such minimal kits, and each came with a stand and most with a lot of weapons, even without the extra weapon kit. Lots of diorama possibilities, and cheap enough to use for miniatures battles a la Battletech.
VentZX

T.V. wrote:I don't mind Bandai highlighting Katoki's involvement, which is very understandable in itself, but the brandname "Ver. Ka." is poorly chosen to reflect that, if I may say so.
Er, Master Grade Ver. Ka is headed up by Katoki in every way, what else would you name it? It's literally Katoki's version of a Master Grade. What else would you name it?
joelfinkle wrote:I don't see the big deal about the Victory. It's just not that exciting a suit, except for a nice separation/core fighter mechanism. The V2 is spiffier in just about every way (and an Assault version would be on my xmas list). The price is nice, I have to say, even accounting for the fact that it's a dinky suit.
Well, this is a matter of personal opinion really, so I can't make you like the Victory, but a lot of people love it for its simplicity. It's not overdone. Another thing, and the real "big deal" is that if they are releasing a Victory, then the V2 isn't far off at all. When the F91 came out, the Crossbone was later released and it used a lot of the F91's inner frame. Since the V2 is so similar to the Victory, I see them potentially doing this as well. And really, the core fighter separation really IS exciting, at least to me. Part of the fun of building these kits is seeing how they are engineered and come together, and I can't wait to see how they managed the transformation.

All that said, I really can't wait for the V2 now, but in the meantime, I may just buy two or three Victories...mmmm mass produced goodness.
SNT1

I don't see the big deal about the Victory. It's just not that exciting a suit, except for a nice separation/core fighter mechanism. The V2 is spiffier in just about every way (and an Assault version would be on my xmas list). The price is nice, I have to say, even accounting for the fact that it's a dinky suit.
I agree that V2 is just about better. I personally like the Victory's plain design (because I am Ka biased) but part of this 'big deal' and excitement going about is that lots of people think it's a gateway to an MG V2. Cross your fingers, of course :D
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wulver

Honestly, I'm one of those that isn't particularly fond of the V2 design, which is exactly why I'm rather so excited about the V1 coming out. Should be very cool stuff.
Gundam is not about heroes looking badass by saving love interests. Gundam is about heroes bawling and spouting philosophies after failing to save love interests.
Basically true.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Love the way Von Savior and Nebula Blitz looks, those will be for sure buys for me...might get Victory Gundam depending on how much it costs

..the more I look at Mirage Frame, the more it reminds me of Kamen Rider Hibiki
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Heecarl_Reez

Although I'm not too fond Ver Ka only because of the different design of manual and boxart,I'm gonna forget that for this Victory :mrgreen:

Anyway

More PG 00 raiser Image here(NK site)...HGUC Re-Zel,February,2000 yen..After that HGUC Stark Jegan.
Arsarcana

Looks like for 3500 yen you can get a limited edition set of clear parts to simulate Trans-Am colors in the GN Drives (judging by the look of the runners at least). Definitely liking the new Savior colors. While it's weird to see a Blitz-derived suit in red, I wonder: Will it be three times faster than the original model?

Also, while I'm more excited for the MG Victory because it means a V2 will be coming (anyone want to bet they'll release multiple versions with and without the extra packs?) I'll be tempted to get it even though I prefer its successor. Need a good MG to mess around with over the holidays and those arms should be fun to build.
Dark Duel

I sort of like the Victory, but I'll probably hold out on buying it - Blue Frame Second Revise is one I've got my eyes on, and there actually are two or three of the VS-series kits I'd like to have.
The Boxart for Regen Duel's pretty cool-looking, actually. Nix's is meh. Like the unit itself, not particularly interesting. I wonder though that Nebra Blitz's or Van Saviour's will look like.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Heecarl_Reez

@Arsarcana:Seems that it's just red parts of body molded in clear colors,not the Trans-am one.

MG V ver KA,now with decals(look at the legs),and marking seal attached :D.Ngee khiong also report that the hand only has a movable thumb,and the other fingers are attached to the hand via part-swapping..Hmm...
SNT1

I actually like part-swapping. Poseable fingers are only nice when they don't hold weapons, most of the time. As much as I like the Crossbone MGs they can't hold some of their bigger weapons properly (well they can, just need some proper positioning). Open-palm poses also look better if there's a separate part, compared to opening up the poseable hands.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Yardly

Shea wrote:All they need now are MGs of Gundams X, Double X, and V2. Though I imagine that V2 probably isn't far behind.
Throw in anime versions of Wing and Wing Zero and I agree.
Derringer

"Ver Ka" was originally a term to differentiate Katoki's version of the RX 78 Gundam from the Okawara version. Katoki's other interpretations or redesigns particularly in the FIX line did not have "ver ka" attached. It became a marketing term when the Gundam Ver Ka was released as a model kit.