Things you hate about gunpla

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
thehod

Post by thehod » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 am

What I really find annoying is the 1/144 HG Flag series, their sonic knife does not fit their hands and the joint that connect the body to the legs loosens very fast. The weapon has to be perfectly positioned for them to even hold the linear rifle.

The same can be said for the HG 1/144 Freedom's Wings, the poly caps get very much worn fast and I only wished I could buy poly caps on the side.

One MS design that doesnt transition well into Gunpla is the 1/144 HG Kyrios. Its mostly the leg wings block alot of the posing along with very loose arm joints.

My least favorite of the Gunpla has to be the 1/144 Chaos Gundam that is very limited in posing and the gun barrels on it fall off with ease.

firefox

Post by firefox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 am

I hate waterslide decals! i wish bandai wouldf stick with the rubbin kind, at least those i can apply pretty easy without getting a nervous breakdown
In the end, nothing remains

Hi_Nu_Gundam

Post by Hi_Nu_Gundam » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Well lets see:

MG Hi-Nu: Fin Funnel attachment to backpack is VERY poorly designed and its guaranteed one or more will fall off when I try to pose if a different way

Shameless capitalism: Remember when the freedom, Ex-S, Strike, Zeto 2.0, and yes the Hi-Nu came with their own stands? Now bandai forces you to spend an extra $14 on the mediocre Action Base :evil:

chrome parts, yes they look beautiful and the MG Hyaku Shiki is gorgeous but argh! They're a bitch to trim without taking too much paint off...

Constant re releasing of the same mecha without releasing other ones: THere are like 12 versions of the MG RX-78-2 and like 8 versions of the Zaku II. Where is the Gebera Tetra? Where is the MG V Gundam? And Goddammit, WHERE IS MY NIGHTINGALE!? :cry:
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?

Duo

Post by Duo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:48 pm

I don't even want to imagine how much the Nightengale would cost... >.<

I hate how when you decide to buy and get a kit, they bring out a rerelease/updated/or collectors edition the same day that you complete the one you just got.

I know it's very improbable.. but I'm afraid to get the RX-79[G] and the Gouf custom because of this... Though I really want a 2.0 Gouf custom just because the current MG just doesn't look as menacing as it does in the line art.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami

Bazookafied

Post by Bazookafied » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I hate how no set ever comes with ALL the options. You have to run around getting all the versions to ever have a "complete" one. Then you've got a bunch of spares just lying around option-less.

I know it's marketing and it's good for sales... but would it kill them to release "complete" sets of these things afterwards?

Bazookafied

Post by Bazookafied » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I hate how no set ever comes with ALL the options. You have to run around getting all the versions to ever have a "complete" one. Then you've got a bunch of spares just lying around option-less.

I know it's marketing and it's good for sales... but would it kill them to release "complete" sets of these things afterwards?

Nick Izumi

Post by Nick Izumi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 am

I hate the lack of pistols on the regular release of 1/144 Dynames.
I AM A MAN!!! *PUNCH*
I review stuff with MS Paint. www.youtube.com/nickizumi

bittysnack

Post by bittysnack » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:46 am

The EX models for being so clumsily made and the MG Crossbone Ver.Ka for the same damn reason.
RICK DIAS... DIas... dias... dias...

Nightwing03

Post by Nightwing03 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:09 am

The 1/144 Strike Rouge I.W.S.P's knee joints really piss me off i swear, i cant even make it stand up, even with the backpack off. It's so loose that i have to pose it kneeling down =/.

The MG Crossbone X-1 ver. ka is great...all accept for the beam zanber's handle, which comes with a hole for the peg in the hand but it's not deep enough O_O.

I think i'm never gonna buy 1/144 scales ever again after that Strike Rouge...
♣♦♠♥

AceWhatever

Post by AceWhatever » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 am

Not exactly a complaint, but I wish for mecha designers to consider the adaptability of their designs into kits and figures. Specifically, if the side skirt armor doesn't have a hardpoint/holster for weapons (Crossbone, Exia,...) or is a weapon itself (the Freedoms), they they should be avoided altogether to free up the thighs' horizontal articulation.

bittysnack

Post by bittysnack » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:39 am

Agreed.

Mod Edit (Red): Please don't make one word posts.
RICK DIAS... DIas... dias... dias...