question bout the new cherudim gundam kits

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Den

question bout the new cherudim gundam kits

i am wondering what are the pro's and con's of the new hcm pro cherudim gundam and the HG 1/144 gundam, because i wanna know which is more worth it to get. thanks guys
mcred23

This sort of topic is probably better suited for the Merchandise section, since you are asking about a kit's qualities, so I'm moving it.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I got the Cherudim, but I'm not done yet. So far, it feels solidly built
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Den

oh sori mcred, forgot bout the modeling section, been a while since i last posted, anyway back to the topic.
I got the Cherudim, but I'm not done yet. So far, it feels solidly built
ah pls keep me updated how it comes along. another thing bout it, is there any part in the cherudim HG that have wrong color? because for most MG kits, all the parts are in their right color, but for HG, some of those parts are not. thanks
quasadra

colour is pretty accurate around 85%. the rifle and pistol are a bit off, with the clear parts need a bit work if you want a perfect match. the green is a bit too deep, but thats more about me than the kit.

joint movement is not as good as 00 that came before it, but it is still pretty good for a HG. the only problem i have is the legs articulation are a bit weird. but this will be the same for the HCM as well.

my main problem is that the rifle is not a single piece. you have to detach and attach the long barrel to change its mode. it take some effort to get the rifle straight. the pistol is in all white. there is nothing special here. it does excatly as i imagine.

overall, it is a decent kit. it is what you might expect from a HG. if you dont want the larger 1/100, you should get this. its pretty cheap anyways.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

quasadra wrote:
my main problem is that the rifle is not a single piece. you have to detach and attach the long barrel to change its mode. it take some effort to get the rifle straight. the pistol is in all white. there is nothing special here. it does excatly as i imagine.
Not to mention if the rifle barrel gets stuck, it's a pain in the butt to get out

EDIT: Actually, there is something else that irrates me.

That's the sticker for the clear plastic that goes on the forehead...first of all, it was fusturating to get it on, especially for me because I have chubby fingers.

And secondly, I Don't think it would've been THAT hard to make the part clear red
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Den

hmm but the 1/100 is not an HG right? so i thought that an HG would b a better kit.

Is there any news about an msia of the cherudim coming out? and is the HCM more worth the price?
reeoyuy

Yes, but even if there are no "HG" or whatever-grade sign on 1/100 boxes, doesn't mean they're the same level with no-grade 1/144 (which recently earned "First Grade" sign). No grade 1/100 usually slightly better at many aspects than HG 1/144. Like, less foil stickers needed since bigger size can afford separate mold, or just fancy LED gimmick like 1/100 OO 8).
I do not own any 1/100 from OO line, but from what I saw, they're pretty good. Some even better than early MG in terms of articulation.
Heecarl_Reez

well they recently released 'msia' cherudim.Under a new brand name 'robot damashi'.you might want to check that out.although the price are identical with the hcm ver,it do have an advantage in size i think^^.
Laevatein

Den wrote:hmm but the 1/100 is not an HG right? so i thought that an HG would b a better kit.
Just because the 1/100 doesn't have "HG" in its description doesn't mean it's not the same quality. It's pretty much understood that non-labelled 1/100 kits are High Grade quality kits, and traditionally 1/100's have more features and better molding than HG 1/144.
Jak Crow

The no grade 1/100 line has been pretty close to the quality of the MG Strike since the 2nd half of the GSD releases, like the Akatsuki and Legend. The 00 kits have been really nice, though somewhat different in style from previous series.
sushicake

for 1200 yen you should purchase it it's a great model with lots of gimmicks, but prepared for a bit of painting if you wanna get it right, for one the pistols are molded in white also the clear pieces you're gonna have to paint clear blue. And like stated before the articulation in the legs are kinda weird but that's just the way the suit was designed. Also a nice feature on the Cherudim would have to be the GN Bit Shield, you can remove all the hexagonal shaped pieces around the body and put it on a base that's included.
you know what makes special sauce so special?
Den

oh? so the 1/100 gundams now are way better than the HG 1/100 of the gundam wing series before? i'm a noob when it comes to the HG kits and stuff.

Is the robot damashi just the same as the msia line of the gundam series before?

And lastly, how do you guys suggest painting the guns, if i dont have any air brush, any alternative suggestion for painting it?

Thanks again everyone for the patient answers
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

You should also know that, at least in the case of the 00 kits, the 1/100's have more accessories than the 1/144's. Example: the 1/100 Dynames has the sniper rifle and the protective cloak like the 1/144, but it also comes with two beam pistols.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Jak Crow

Den wrote:oh? so the 1/100 gundams now are way better than the HG 1/100 of the gundam wing series before? i'm a noob when it comes to the HG kits and stuff.
The HG 1/100 Wing kits don't even compare to the current no grade 1/100 kits. They don't even compare to the current HG 1/144 kits.
Heecarl_Reez

Here's pictures of Robot Damashii Cherudim,decide it by yourself:D

http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/mia/robott ... /oo03.html
Den

thanks! just saw the pics and they look the same hehe maybe i'll get the 1/100 and thyen wait for the MG of the 00 series
Den

new question

what are the parts that needs to be painted in the right color for the 00 1/100? and is the 1/100 sturdy like the MG? or not that sturdy but still sturdy enough to pose?