What would be...

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Omega

What would be...

A good grade to go to?

Here's how long it takes me to build the kits;
FG/NG:half an hour.
HG:two hours.

Would you guys recommend 1/100 or Master Grade?
SNT1

protip: get the design you want; size and number of pieces and time to construct vary on any 1/100 and MG from 800 yen to 10000. you get the picture.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

SNT1 wrote:protip: get the design you want; size and number of pieces and time to construct vary on any 1/100 and MG from 800 yen to 10000. you get the picture.
I like to avoid buying the same gundam again though. Regardless of scale if it was a Zaku or a grunt or something with multiple modes(IE: Impluse, Strike) then yeah I wouldn't mind buying more then one
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Nightwing03

1/100 ones take a lot of time and patience (well for me), my Astray Blue Frame 2nd L took me 8 hours in total (I did it all at once!) to complete after all the panel lining and painting (in some parts), so i'd recommened you spread the building time out evenly between a couple of days. I was mentally and physically broken after building it.

I'm not sure about MG kits since i've never actually built one...but im planning to :P
♣♦♠♥
quasadra

i go through my 1/100 exia in one day as well. in 4 or 5 hour but i didnt do the paint just panelling. i wouldnt recomend the older 1/100 kits if you can get it in MG.

MG will take twice the time to finish. as there are usually twice the material to work with. but you can garrantee that it will look good when finally finish it.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Building 1/100 Gunpla can take much longer depending on how much work you put into them and how accurate you want them to be. If you'll just rip the parts off the trees, put on the stickers and leave it at that, then of course it'll take less time. With every 1/100 that I own, I devoted two hours a day to building each body part, applying stickers, coloring whether areas needed color, and panel lining each part before fully assembling the model. And I'm so careful about it knowing that when I'm done, I'll be holding something that I can really appreciate. Because THAT is my level of commitment!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
GorFrag

FG can actually take much longer if you want it to look at all like its cartoon counterpart.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

FG can actually take much longer if you want it to look at all like its cartoon counterpart.
That's what I learned with my first FG, but the finished product was worth all the time put into it.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

G-Slayer wrote:
That's what I learned with my first FG, but the finished product was worth all the time put into it.
For that matter, you may as well just get yourself one of the high grades. Just apply the foil stickers and away you go!

I just finished my first MG kit(Which was the Freedom BTW) it took me a good three days to finish. But that's because I was working on it on and off, and doing the panel lining as I was going along. I must say though, I really like the MGs. There a little more expensive, but I think there worth the price tag.

They don't really feel too much like an action figure and they feel REALLY durable too despite being a snap together kit
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2