The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
mechafan2010

Louise as an Arrow why do I think she and Nina will be fighting it out till the end ala Emma and Recco? and why do I have the feeling the Ali will try to become in charge of the colony rebels and three way battle between the Federtion/Colonies/CB maybe even/Jupiter?
Red XIV

mechafan2010 wrote:Louise as an Arrow why do I think she and Nina will be fighting it out till the end ala Emma and Recco?
Louise doesn't have any idea who Nena is, though. Nor, as far as I know, does she know which Gundam was responsible for killing her family. If she's out for revenge, then I'd expect her to see all Gundams as her targets.

And even if Louise does somehow know which Gundam fired the shot, is Nena even still going to be using Drei? It's no longer anything special now that GN[T] drives and beam weapons are commonplace, especially given that it was meant to work in tandem with the other two Thrones that no longer exist. So there's a good chance Wang will arrange something more advanced for her to pilot. Thus, we're back to Louise having no way to single out Nena as the one responsible for killing her family.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Meteoid

mechafan2010 wrote: why do I have the feeling the Ali will try to become in charge of the colony rebels and three way battle between the Federtion/Colonies/CB maybe even/Jupiter?
That would be impressive for Ali to take charge of the colony rebels since there aren't any. And all there is on Jupiter is a ruined CB base orbiting it
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Red XIV wrote:Louise doesn't have any idea who Nena is, though. Nor, as far as I know, does she know which Gundam was responsible for killing her family. If she's out for revenge, then I'd expect her to see all Gundams as her targets.
That kind of depends. Lousie and everybody at the party actually got a good look at the Drei as it flew in to blow them up. Louise could also very well have researched the Gundams to find out specifically which one killed her parents. The Drei was easily close enough to see how different it was from the Ein and Zwei (for example, the Ein and Zwei had large armaments attached to their shoulders, the cannon and sword respectively, that the Drei didn't), and even moreso from the original four Gundams, so with some research and comparison she could easily figure out which one was the cuplrit.
Recon 5

Keep in mind that the world knows NOTHING about the Gundams except for what they look like. Louise might attack the Drei on sight, but there's no way whatsoever that anyone outside of CB (who is still alive anyway) would know who exactly was behind the controls on that fateful day. If Nena goes in with a different or modified suit, then at the very least she won't be Louise's sole target.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Red XIV

For that matter, is Nena even still working as a pilot, or is she doing undercover stuff like Wang now? I notice that she's definitely not wearing a CB uniform or a pilot suit in the new artwork.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
DeltasTaii

The Gundams are all grouped together-as far as Louise, or anyone else knows, the Trinitys were working with the Ptolemaios, and Nena did it for some sort of Celestial Being sanctioned reason, not just a random fit. Or at the least, she's held as representative of the organization as a whole.

As such, no-one's going to care if it was Drei that did it.
Destiny_Gundam

I don't know why everyone is so hell bent on having Louise be a vengeful enemy pilot. It could be possible that she's put it behind her. I mean, look at her scenes in the hospital. She didn't seem very pissed off. She doesn't strike me as a very good actor either. Saji is the only one we see with any bloodlust.

At the very least, she won't be going into the season being vengeful. As far as anyone knows, Celestial Being is no more. I won't deny that their revival could stir some bad emotions in Louise, of course.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kenji

Exactly what I've been saying. Everyone's pretty sure that CB is dead, so I doubt that Louise joined specifically to go after them (y'know, to Kill Freedom).

That said, in the trailers, it showed Louise recoiling in horror and ready to hurl. Methinks she's in for a nasty, lifechanging surprise, either by the actions of the Arrows being less noble than she expected or by Gundam Exia suddenly reappearing on her first damn sortie to slaughter her comrades...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Recon 5

Or maybe someone offs Saji before her eyes. You never know.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
RedBlitz

Recon 5 wrote:Or maybe someone offs Saji before her eyes. You never know.
I dont think Saji would get *insert cool death word here* in the first few episodes, but hell it could be a great plot twist!! And that could really change Louise's character, making in her into some kind of evil emo-bitch!! Actually scratch that.... the girl deserves to be happy! lol
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
young_oldtype

RedBlitz wrote:
I dont think Saji would get *insert cool death word here* in the first few episodes
Uhh, mauled?
mechafan2010 wrote:why do I have the feeling the Ali will try to become in charge of the colony rebels and three way battle between the Federtion/Colonies/CB maybe even/Jupiter?
Ali? I thought the good old mercenary's jobless now?
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
VentZX

young_oldtype wrote:
mechafan2010 wrote:why do I have the feeling the Ali will try to become in charge of the colony rebels and three way battle between the Federtion/Colonies/CB maybe even/Jupiter?
I wouldn't put it past Ali to be either in the Arrows or a part of this rebel group that Klaus and Shirin are a part of, if for nothing else than to stir up sh...stuff.
T.V.

VentZX wrote:
young_oldtype wrote:
I wouldn't put it past Ali to be either in the Arrows or a part of this rebel group that Klaus and Shirin are a part of, if for nothing else than to stir up sh...stuff.
Of the two options I'd say the latter is more likely, given his whiskey downing appearance in season 1's epilogue.

However, it looks as if his fighting days are over (for now..), having settled his grudge with the Gundams, perhaps at the cost of his health.
Also, he isn't a proponent of the Federation (and it's forced unification) I reckon, with him liking to kick up a shitstorm and playing dirty war games.
Those who seek to end war and/or unify and pacify the earth are his enemies. He's a playful warmonger and not a selfrightious guy like Graham Acre, who fights for a cause. If anything, he resents having a cause.

In that sense, I can see him becoming a bit more sympathic in the 2nd season, whereas GrahaMask becomes more extremist and oppressive fighting the 'good' fight.
Arsarcana

While we don't see Nena in a pilot suit it would seem odd for the rebuilt CB to shuffle off someone with training in operating Gundams to non-combat work that she probably doesn't have much training in. She may do that too but it would be a real waste to throw away her piloting skills entirely. It could be that they're keeping her as an ace in the hole, kind of like what she appeared to be as far as the world was concerned the first time the Trinity showed up except that this time it's the truth.
Vent Noir

Arsarcana wrote:While we don't see Nena in a pilot suit it would seem odd for the rebuilt CB to shuffle off someone with training in operating Gundams to non-combat work that she probably doesn't have much training in. She may do that too but it would be a real waste to throw away her piloting skills entirely. It could be that they're keeping her as an ace in the hole, kind of like what she appeared to be as far as the world was concerned the first time the Trinity showed up except that this time it's the truth.
Maybe they don't trust her in a Gundam, given her record...
Nagato21

Arsarcana wrote:While we don't see Nena in a pilot suit it would seem odd for the rebuilt CB to shuffle off someone with training in operating Gundams to non-combat work that she probably doesn't have much training in. She may do that too but it would be a real waste to throw away her piloting skills entirely. It could be that they're keeping her as an ace in the hole, kind of like what she appeared to be as far as the world was concerned the first time the Trinity showed up except that this time it's the truth.
As far as we know she is with Wang Liu Mei who seem to have her own agenda.
For some reason I really hate that woman more than Nena.
She strikes me as a somekind of CB fanatic. Her philosophy seems to be very different from the Meisters in that she doesn't care what kinda of method are used to change the world (in her own views) which may make her an antagonist later on.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
DeltasTaii

Celestial Being actually has a bit of a history of shoveling off ex-Meisters into less important jobs. Your only other option is to kill them, really, or you end up with someone like Ribbons running around. IIRC, 00P has a failed Meister, and in 00F Chall is down to an agent, having lost her Meister privileges with her injuries from 00P.
Deacon Blues

It wasn't her inquiries it was due to what happened to her at the end of Season 1 of 00P. That and there aren't really any "failed" Meisters in 00P.
DeltasTaii

"Her Meister access was removed due to the after-effects of her scars, but she’s left in the organization as an agent."

Do tell me when "after-effects of scars" stopped being injuries. For it to be missing the word "mental" wouldn't really jive with the wackjobs CB tends to put in Gundams. I don't doubt exploding Gundams tend to be a good entry on the resume, but, well, this is what we have.

While I suppose technically most members of CB are put through Veda's testing for suitability as a Meister, I would guess some are more useful otherwise than others.