The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Meteoid wrote:
Dwin wrote:The whole Allelujah=Sergie's son came from an episode where a HRL computer screen in the super human research laborotory showed a picture of both Allelujah and the bear.
Really? seems a bit flimsy to me. Then again if it was true it would explain Sergei's disdain of the super soldier project
It's not just flimsy, it's completely broken. The scientist was looking at Al's data, yes, but then Sergei gives him a call and asks if he found anything. That's why Sergei's picture was seen, simply showing that he's the one calling.

The Al = Sergei's son thing is just an example of people being stupid.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
latenlazy

Mythgarr wrote:00 sure is getting "familiar" now:

Louise inherited her family role,
Someone in the family takes the code name Lockon
The Bear unleashed his cub,
and Nena is carrying her family name....

family subject matters.....
How's louise carrying her family role?

And I don't see what you're getting at...
Meteoid

latenlazy wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:00 sure is getting "familiar" now:

Louise inherited her family role,
Someone in the family takes the code name Lockon
The Bear unleashed his cub,
and Nena is carrying her family name....

family subject matters.....
How's louise carrying her family role?

And I don't see what you're getting at...
Indeed, we guessed that Louise was going out on a revenge trip for her family but it was just a guess as to why she would be in a mobile suit. Plus we haven't even heard from Nena apart from 2 seconds at the end of Ep, 25.
Deacon Blues

I had posted this on Gundam|News but for whatever reason, my blog is down so:

Mileina Vashti :: Haruka Tomatsu
Klaus/Kraus Grad :: Tokuyoshi Kawashima
Arthur Goodman :: Hisao Egawa
Li Zhejiang :: Gou Shinomiya
Barack Janine :: Tetsu Inada
Andrei Smirnov :: Tetsu Shiratori
Arbor Lint :: Kazuki Yao
Regene Regetta :: Romi Park
Revive Revival :: Mitsuki Saiga
Bring Stabity :: Ryoutarou Okiayu
Healing Kea :: Miyuki Kawashou
Areku

Not relevant, but I can't resist; Bring Stabity, what an awkward and funny name.
ShadowCell

Between Barack Janine, Revive Revival, and Bring Stabity, this season is going to be hilarious.
Deacon Blues

I believe Bring Stabity is an abbreviation for Stability. >>;; That and the last name can also be Healing Care. :/
J-Lead

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Meteoid wrote:
Dwin wrote:The whole Allelujah=Sergie's son came from an episode where a HRL computer screen in the super human research laborotory showed a picture of both Allelujah and the bear.
Really? seems a bit flimsy to me. Then again if it was true it would explain Sergei's disdain of the super soldier project
It's not just flimsy, it's completely broken. The scientist was looking at Al's data, yes, but then Sergei gives him a call and asks if he found anything. That's why Sergei's picture was seen, simply showing that he's the one calling.

The Al = Sergei's son thing is just an example of people being stupid.
Still, upon seeing the scene myself, even I got a weird feeling of forshadowing from what was shown. Admittedly, it was pretty stupid to jump to conclusions like that, but I can't really blame people for getting a little suspicious when I got creeped out about it myself.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
T.V.

Deacon Blues wrote:I believe Bring Stabity is an abbreviation for Stability. >>;; That and the last name can also be Healing Care. :/
I actually read them as such until I noticed your post. >>;;
ShadowCell wrote:Between Barack Janine, Revive Revival, and Bring Stabity, this season is going to be hilarious.
I'm wondering what they'll look like already.
Could these be Ribbons' Smirno.. Innovators?
DeltasTaii

Logic suggests to me that should be Romi Paku. Which'd be neato.
Chris
Administrator

DeltasTaii wrote:Logic suggests to me that should be Romi Paku. Which'd be neato.
Park and Paku are the same thing. Romi Park/Paku is a Japanese citizen, but of Korean heritage, and Park is a very common Korean name.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
pozdniakov

Chris wrote:
DeltasTaii wrote:Logic suggests to me that should be Romi Paku. Which'd be neato.
!

Park and Paku are the same thing. Romi Park/Paku is a Japanese citizen, but of Korean heritage, and Park is a very common Korean name.
Awesome so we get Loran in 00, as well as Judau anD amuro.
Teki

Anyone else think Arbor Lint = Armorment... I think these are the names for the innovators (ironically not very innovative names) and the missing scientists (but that is my "gut" opinion after looking into some screen shots not fact so no flaming please *ducks*).
Meteoid

I think its the innovators, if they're aren't 00 is gonna have to introduce all these guys, and the innovators and that'd be far too many characters in my opinion
Teki

Comparing voice actor names to the announcement 2nd Season character announcement post on the 1st of this month we are shown that at least both "Revive Revival :: Mitsuki Saiga; Bring Stabity :: Ryoutarou Okiayu" are innovators.
T.V.

...Which in turn makes it all the more likely that Arbor Lint, Regene Regetta and Healing Kea are Innovators as well.
Quite possibly sharing the "not quite human" hinted at origins of both Ribbons and Tieria.

Knowing that Louise Halevy's parents were of high social standing having considerable polical influence in the AEU, it becomes easy to see why Ribbons has put Regene close to her.

Chances of Louise going against Celestial Being are increasing if I may say so. It gives me the feeling that relationship between Louise and Saji will be affecting CB directly at some point.
I'm welcome to the possibility at least.
NIGHTSHADOW99

I don't know if this was asked before, but were the Trinitys and Laguna allied with Alejandro Corner? The rerason why I say this is the only way Corner could get his GN powered MS had to be from Laguna and the Innovators leader only access veda after Nene hacked into it.
I've told you......to treat them delicately, as if they were a virgin or a feather!
OutLawSuit

Alejandro took advantage of Lagna and the Trinitys but giving them the GN-T drives then having them eliminated. Alejandro likely got the GN technology from Ribbons who then went along to take advantage of him, basically Ribbons orchestrated the entire thing.

There's speculation that Ribbons is the original pilot of the 0 Gundam.
T.V.

It's never outright stated, but it's implied that Laguna was a middle man for Alejandro Corner.
I'm even betting Laguna getting the contracts for the space elevators, upon which his industrial might and influence was built, was in part also thanks to his shady dealings with the Corner family.

The Corner family gained most of the knowledge to build GN[T] drives with the succesful expedition to find the wreckage of a lost Jupiter CB mission.
This would be the scene where the astronauts find the purple Haro (later partnered with Nena Trinity) on a wrecked spacecraft in Jupiter orbit in 2227.
The Corner family, being CB observers, shared this technology secretly with Laguna Harvey in order to create 40 GN[T] drives for their own set of Gundams, the Thrones, and their anti-Gundam weapons, the GN-Xes and the Alvatore/Alvaaron.

The Thrones were created as a means to directly influence the actions of the true Celestial Being and more importantly, VEDA. Having Gundams acting under the flag of CB, while not being controlled by VEDA, gave Corner a powerful tool to manipulate the world's events, such as the creation of the EF, etc.
The Trinities, being fall guys, were probably kept in the dark of this, and quite possibly believed that they were genuinly part of CB.
Corner fed them CB info, which he got as an CB observer, through Laguna, which was the Trinities only contact.

In the same veign, Laguna hired Ali al-Sarshes to run amok, luring CB out. Again, it's most probable that Al-Sarshes didn't know, or even cared, who pulled the strings and what for, as long he got something out of it.

Alejandro, however, kept enough distance between him and Laguna in order to conceal their links. He did keep tabs on him, though, as evidenced when Ribbons reveals that Laguna sold off the GN[T] equipped GN-Xs to the HRL, AEU and the Union.
Also, the clash between the Trinities and CB's Gundams came sooner than expected, but it didn't matter, because he could move the other pieces to still get his "just as planned" conclusion.

Corner thought he could play everyone as a chesspiece, not realizing he'd been played himself by his own ace card, Ribbons.