The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Okay, I've been the resident 00 skeptic here a few times, but I quite enjoyed the episode. I wonder what Sergei is planning ((he's at the least trying to keep tabs on A-Laws) - was what he asked Soma to think over whether to join A-Laws, or something else?

EDIT: I meant "skeptic" rather than "cynic" - as I've heard it described, a skeptic can be convinced, a cynic can't be.
Last edited by Vent Noir on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellbore

Vent Noir wrote:Okay, I've been the resident 00 cynic here a few times, but I quite enjoyed the episode. I wonder what Sergei is planning ((he's at the least trying to keep tabs on A-Laws) - was what he asked Soma to think over whether to join A-Laws, or something else?
The two most popular theories I've seen are either adoption or the hopefully non-serious marriage . The first would explain why she would be shock to find out Sergei had a son. The second is just crack.
Laevatein

Didn't know where to put this so... read up on Chris' review on episode 1, need to point out a minor flub:

"and Saji says he isn't with A-Laws"

should be

"and Saji says he isn't with Kataron"

Also, the Ahead was fighting against 3 mobile suits in the opening scene: 2 Tieren Space Types and 1 Enact.
Recon 5

I made another error earlier when commenting on the intro. Man, that thing move fast.

Team Patrick is officially BACK! When Tieria fires his full burst near the end of the intro the new Zwei disappears and the MS literally scraping into the frame along the beam is actually a GN-XIII piloted by none other than our beloved hotshot. Looks like he's losing MS limbs even before making a real appearance. Way to go.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Meteoid

He also appears to be wearing an A-LAWS helmet.

Looks like Team Patricks blasting of agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain *twinkle*
RedBlitz

Recon 5 wrote:I made another error earlier when commenting on the intro. Man, that thing move fast.

Team Patrick is officially BACK! When Tieria fires his full burst near the end of the intro the new Zwei disappears and the MS literally scraping into the frame along the beam is actually a GN-XIII piloted by none other than our beloved hotshot. Looks like he's losing MS limbs even before making a real appearance. Way to go.
Well some people say that is actually Louise.... I still think it's Patrick. But oh well.
Recon 5

Well, for one thing the face was obviously male. While I've seen many others confusing the mystery man for Ali, this is the first time someone has said that "he" might actually be Louise. I think it's not Louise, whoever it really is. The fact that the Seravee's beam actually scratches (at least) the unit is another point for Patrick because no one else is famous for taking damage.

pd771

lans* wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:One thing occurred to me: We know that Tieria was one of those in the green capsules near the beginning of the intro (the Meisters' origin shots). Might it be possible for one of the other two to be Regene, and might it explain the origin of the Innovators?
At least we know there are 3 in the beginning. Making me wonder about who builds them.
Areku wrote:Besides, their hair'd make them a cuter pair.

*torpedoes away*
Seriously that's just too much a... Torpedo impact! Oh well, I'm sinking.

Probably six, since I remember the pods being labeled 4, 5, and 6

EDIT: Here's the pic again, and they're labeled 4,5,and 6
http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Gunda ... e%2001.jpg

EDIT 2: I think that those are the other Innovators, since #4s hair looks to be the same as the Innovator in the far right of this pic http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Gunda ... e%2011.jpg
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Teki

Kay anybody have a screen shot from season one where showed the missing scientists from over the years, on a laptop i believe. I still believe the innovators are these missing scientists. I keep looking for what episode or a screen capture but to no avail and with midterms today & thursday, and all not able to afford anymore time into it until later or tomorrow. Since we have cleaer shot of innovators standing would like to redo a comparison to one did at end of 25
pd771

Teki wrote:Kay anybody have a screen shot from season one where showed the missing scientists from over the years, on a laptop i believe. I still believe the innovators are these missing scientists. I keep looking for what episode or a screen capture but to no avail and with midterms today & thursday, and all not able to afford anymore time into it until later or tomorrow. Since we have cleaer shot of innovators standing would like to redo a comparison to one did at end of 25

I don't know, I still have a feeling that Tieria is a rogue Innovator. I think the evidence points to that right now.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

Nagato21

It should be the other way around, since Ribbons and co are the ones who stole Veda.
By the way do we know if Tiera is a guy or girl yet?
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
RedBlitz

pd771 wrote:
Teki wrote:Kay anybody have a screen shot from season one where showed the missing scientists from over the years, on a laptop i believe. I still believe the innovators are these missing scientists. I keep looking for what episode or a screen capture but to no avail and with midterms today & thursday, and all not able to afford anymore time into it until later or tomorrow. Since we have cleaer shot of innovators standing would like to redo a comparison to one did at end of 25

I don't know, I still have a feeling that Tieria is a rogue Innovator. I think the evidence points to that right now.
Nah I dont think so.. Tiera might be a dick/asshole, but I still think he's loyal to the original CB cause. I dont think he could work with someone who basically wants to take over the whole world, he was pretty adament on destroying all sources of conflict in the world.

I just think that he and Regene are Androids of some sort who belong to the same mold, but after that their programming is completly different.
pd771

RedBlitz wrote:
pd771 wrote:

Nah I dont think so.. Tiera might be a dick/ZOINKS, but I still think he's loyal to the original CB cause. I dont think he could work with someone who basically wants to take over the whole world, he was pretty adament on destroying all sources of conflict in the world.

I just think that he and Regene are Androids of some sort who belong to the same mold, but after that their programming is completly different.
I meant it as tieria is rogue to the innovators, but not CBs plans.

T.V.

Tieria the rogue?
I believe it's the other way around.
I have a hunch that Innovators were Aeolia's attemp at creating the perfect test tube pilots for his gundams, circumventing the imperfections of humans.
Superhuman skill and intellect, Plug&Play VEDA interaction, loyalty to the cause, and no past to tie them to a family outside CB, etc., etc.
At least.. that was the intention.
It went wrong somewhere and the creation turned against the creator.

Tieria Erde turned out to be a 'success' though. And it's not surprising he was in control of Nadleeh with its ultimate anti-Gundam Trial system.

In the first episode, notice the exchange between Tieria and Setsuna. Tiera comments on Setsuna having changed (grown older) during these past 4 years. Setsuna replies that Tieria is still exactly like he was 4 years ago.
Innovators perhaps don't age (visually) and have superhuman lifespans.

I'm betting on Ribbons being the first of the batch and the original pilot of the 0 Gundam. I wouldn't be suprised if he was old enough to have known Aeolia personally.
And Aeolia may have treated him like a son of sorts, until their fall out of course.

Edit:
I think the genders of the Innovators are intentionally left unspoken for.
I'm betting they're all strictly androgynous and not able to reproduce.
Not having oestrogene and testoterone induced mood swings may have been part of their design.
Thundermuffin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a scene somewhere in Season 1, where Neil is sitting in a car, listening in to some people chatter on a radio.

I totally forgot the context of the scene, but was it possible Neil was checking up on Lyle? Maybe Lyle has a family?

And yeah, that is DEFINITELY Patrick in the opening, his suit being eviscerated by the Seravee. Makes the most sense thematically and it definitely looks like a male's face.

And yeah, I think Setsuna/Feldt would be both adorable and appropriate, but with the opening and all, I kinda see them going for an Anakin/Padme thing with Setsuna and Ms. Older Woman Marina. (Not that Setsuna is going to go all dark side...)
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Shinji103 wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote: Louise already got her first kill on that Realdo.

Apparently Saji is going to fly that jet thing... the 0 Riser. Hopefully that means he'll pull a Katz.
That would be awesome. Having him crash into space debris.
*sigh* Great. Saji haters.......

Why do people always have it out for the normal people? (Saji, Louise, Shirley, Nanase....) Is there something wrong with not being a soldier? How's 'bout we not bring any potential fan vs. hater war sparks here. There's already enough of that stuff between the Sheryl and Ranka fanbases on other forums.
Guess you've been out of the loop. Saiji Crossroad is a kinda running gag here on the forum. It's more in fun than anything, so you can relax. It all from the Saiji Crossroad Crew Thread, basically the idea of people putting so emphasis on a character, who up until now, hasn't contributed much.

But Katz, that's a different story.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
VentZX

hawk of endymion wrote:Guess you've been out of the loop. Saiji Crossroad is a kinda running gag here on the forum. It's more in fun than anything, so you can relax. It all from the Saiji Crossroad Crew Thread, basically the idea of people putting so emphasis on a character, who up until now, hasn't contributed much.

Ill informed Neo, at it again! :D

Is Saji. There's no 'i' after the a.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

VentZX wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:Guess you've been out of the loop. Saiji Crossroad is a kinda running gag here on the forum. It's more in fun than anything, so you can relax. It all from the Saiji Crossroad Crew Thread, basically the idea of people putting so emphasis on a character, who up until now, hasn't contributed much.

Ill informed Neo, at it again! :D

Is Saji. There's no 'i' after the a.
Ah, foiled again.

I get you one of these days, VentZX!!!!!!

Probably, shouldn't be on the forums at work.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
NeoStar9

Vent Noir wrote:Okay, I've been the resident 00 skeptic here a few times, but I quite enjoyed the episode. I wonder what Sergei is planning ((he's at the least trying to keep tabs on A-Laws) - was what he asked Soma to think over whether to join A-Laws, or something else?

EDIT: I meant "skeptic" rather than "cynic" - as I've heard it described, a skeptic can be convinced, a cynic can't be.
I keep thinking or at least hoping that he's asked her if he could formally adopt her as his daughter. Granted she's an adult now but it is done. I know it's done in the US but not sure if Japan has laws that allow it.
Recon 5

Nothing particularly disturbing about it. He must be nearly (or more than) twice her age and is obviously one of the more stable characters (despite the Wild Bear nickname floating around). Also, finding some excuse to keep her close would be logical as she is a valuable resource for the motherland. He'd probably try to adopt Al as well if the circumstances were different.