The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zero Revenge

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I'm going to hold off on the whole A-LAWs (I had been pronouncing it Eh-Laws, but I see now it's Ah-laws) = Titans thing. Let's look closely. The Titans were a private military, independant of the Federation. Their cruelty was worsened by the fact that they only had those rights because they paid everyone off.

The A-LAWs on the other hand are a unit in the Federation. While their methods are certainly cruel, as far as we know they only do this to anti-Federation groups. Which raises another question. What exactly is the Federation doing wrong that prompt this resistance? We don't know for sure if Kataron doesn't deserve everything they're getting.

EDIT: Ok, so it's been awhile since I saw Zeta Gundam. Anyways, all we know is that the A-LAWs are being mean to the people they're supposed to be mean to, where as the Titans were mean to everyone.
Where is it said (in any of your sources) that the Titans were private military? They're a direct task force of the Federation itself, they did have a say in the Senate [or whatever it was called, Jamitov was always there in Dekar]

Note: I'm taking Private as meaning like Blackwater compared to the US Military.
Gundam Official wrote:Titans

An elite branch of the Federation Forces created in the aftermath of Operation Stardust. The Titans are charged with hunting down the renegade soldiers of the Principality of Zeon, and suppressing anti-Federation movements, but their overzealous actions soon create a new generation of resistance groups. The Titans are initially headquartered at the Gryps space colony, but as they gain control over the regular Federation Forces and form an alliance with the Republic of Zeon, they also take over Luna II and the Gate of Zedan. [Gundam 0083, Zeta Gundam]
Last edited by Zero Revenge on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kavik Ryx

Areku wrote:
Chris wrote:I don't see what Wing has at all to do with Allelujah's return to Celestial Being.
I was referring to the rather... well, unconvincing manner in which Heero was made to pilot the Mercurius while he was being held captive. You know, saying that I had "enemy ace held captive and made to fight for his captors in various battles" on my mind, which may or may not be causing hallucinogenic effects.
Isn't it just possible that Al is being held as a terrorist and is receiving the maximum security?
Destiny_Gundam

Zero Revenge wrote:Where is it said (in any of your sources) that the Titans were private military? They're a direct task force of the Federation itself, they did have a say in the Senate [or whatever it was called, Jamitov was always there in Dekar]
I was wrong, hense the edit. Zeta is one of my least favourite Gundam series on top of that, so my memory of certain details aren't accurate.

At any rate, at the moment, I don't think the A-LAWs are as bad as the Titans were.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Zero Revenge

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:Where is it said (in any of your sources) that the Titans were private military? They're a direct task force of the Federation itself, they did have a say in the Senate [or whatever it was called, Jamitov was always there in Dekar]
I was wrong, hense the edit. Zeta is one of my least favourite Gundam series on top of that, so my memory of certain details aren't accurate.

At any rate, at the moment, I don't think the A-LAWs are as bad as the Titans were.
No worries DG.

Zeta's one of your least favorites though? And either way, at the moment, the Arrows aren't as bad as the Titans, because atleast the Arrows are targeting legitimate terrorist/Anti-Federation targets; although with a disregard about civilian lives, probably under the assumption they're working in tandem with Kataron though. [Or so i'm able to assume from watching the RAW]

Versus the Titans, who gas an innocent colony, and shoot a giant laser through it to make a point and flex some military muscle.

I have a bad feeling that the Ahead will become a MP suit once it's shown that the GN-X3 is worthless against the Tier 2 Gundams, and that means bye-bye to the GN Shot Lancer. :(
Chris
Administrator

Zero Revenge wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Zeta is one of my least favourite Gundam series on top of that, so my memory of certain details aren't accurate.
Zeta's one of your least favorites though?
The man thinks G-Saviour is more entertaining than Zeta. But we'll save that conversation for when we get around to G-Saviour on Gundamn. :P
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Zero Revenge wrote:Zeta's one of your least favorites though?
Come to think of it, Zeta is actually my absolute least favourite. Victory only beats it because I liked the characters more. I'm not a big fan of GRIMDARK series. Course this doesn't mean I think it's bad or anything, I just like the other series more.
Chris wrote:The man thinks G-Saviour is more entertaining than Zeta. But we'll save that conversation for when we get around to G-Saviour on Gundamn. :P
G-Saviour makes me laugh and grin like an idiot. Zeta doesn't. I think that's a pretty clear indication of which I had more fun during.

Anywho, I'm sure this'll come up eventually, so I'll just say this now: I still trust Wang.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Sume Gai

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I still trust Wang.
she's already "double dipping" and you trust her? :roll:
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Teki

Chris wrote: The man thinks G-Saviour is more entertaining than Zeta. But we'll save that conversation for when we get around to G-Saviour on Gundamn. :P
Wow really... Man destiny i love to have convo and understand why... but back to 00. What is with all the Deus-Ex Machina talk, we all knew Tiera was going out to sortie so no DEM in any way of the term. Now if we never saw tiera and never all then maybe talk is legit but that isn't the case.

No way we can refer them after one episodes to the monsters the titans were. Also here is hoping to more Solid Setsuna when we get Ali
Kavik Ryx

Sume Gai wrote:
Yeah, with Ribbons appearing to be behind the A-Laws in some some and her associating with him, I as suspicious as ever.
Zero Revenge

Sume Gai wrote:
I cannot be the only one who laughed hysterically at "Wang" and "Double Dipping" could I be?

[Edit: Wait, probably. 22 and laughing at things like this **sigh**]

Also, just a passing nod, with Obama running for Election in the 00 manga [unsure which one, I have a picture/scan of it] and then seeing a Black Male in what looks like to be in charge of the UN... doesn't Kati in the OP look eerily like Sarah Palin?

Edit: Scan from the manga to support my passing nod to American Politics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /omaha.jpg
Chris wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Zeta is one of my least favourite Gundam series on top of that, so my memory of certain details aren't accurate.
Zeta's one of your least favorites though?
The man thinks G-Saviour is more entertaining than Zeta. But we'll save that conversation for when we get around to G-Saviour on Gundamn. :P
I look forward to this.
Last edited by Zero Revenge on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trisk

Zero Revenge wrote:Also, just a passing nod, with Obama running for Election in the 00 manga [unsure which one, I have a picture/scan of it] and then seeing a Black Male in what looks like to be in charge of the UN... doesn't Kati in the OP look eerily like Sarah Palin?
...what?

00 may be set in AD, but it's also set in the 2300s. How is Obama even alive? :shock: ...did he pull off a Schenberg with cryostasis or something? (Actually, he'd be a century older than Schenberg, which makes it even more of a 'huh?')
Zero Revenge

Trisk wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:Also, just a passing nod, with Obama running for Election in the 00 manga [unsure which one, I have a picture/scan of it] and then seeing a Black Male in what looks like to be in charge of the UN... doesn't Kati in the OP look eerily like Sarah Palin?
...what?

00 may be set in AD, but it's also set in the 2300s. How is Obama even alive? :shock: ...did he pull off a Schenberg? (Actually, he'd be a century older than Schenberg, which makes it even more of a 'huh?')
No other way than to show you.

Alright, it's "Omaha" but it looks really like him.

Note: Not trying to start a politic discussion [as I know that's a no-no] but was just a passing comment on appearances.
Teki

Lol rewatching first episode and just noticed exia only uses its right arm the whole time... i still think if in good condition that exia would've beat them down mean put up decent defense for 1 vs 3 and having one arm.
Kenji

Well, it's not like Setsuna really had much of a choice, there... but yeah, if he had a left hand and access to any of the beam sabers, the Exia would've won that fight, what with the way the Ahead and GN-XIII were closing and locking at close-range.

The irony is that, because Exia has only one arm, this situation where Setsuna normally would've excelled put him at a disadvantage due to his lack of options (block or attack). If they had tried to shoot him, he might've been able to win by himself.

I gotta say, this episode was certainly what I'd been waiting for. Strange thing is that all those scenes between Setsuna and Saji, which were the most apt to be called "filler," are now paying off bigtime. I could really buy how Saji was elated to see his old neighbor suddenly rescuing him from certain death, and how that joy was replaced by horror the moment he saw Exia.

I also like how the Ahead and GN-XIII don't feel like fodder mecha. Granted, they were fighting a broken-ass Exia and were trounced by Seravee, but they're a far cry from the "lolZaku" Hizack or any other "second series" enemy mecha. I might be proven wrong, of course, but it seems like the new Gundams will have to selectively fight even GN-XIIIs.

Even so, and this isn't a complaint, this episode felt more like a prologue... almost like the series hasn't really started yet. In any case, I can't wait 'til the next episode. :)

And that new opening just raises a ton of new questions...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Trisk

Zero Revenge wrote:No other way than to show you.

Alright, it's "Omaha" but it looks really like him.

Note: Not trying to start a politic discussion [as I know that's a no-no] but was just a passing comment on appearances.
Ah. That would make sense. Obama look-alike would have been better terminology though.
Phantomexe87

Omaha is kind of a catchy name.

So wait, are they making some kind of nod that Barrack Obama is bad? Well I guess that remains to be seen, but since the Federation is the "bad guy", that can't reflect well on this Omaha figure.

I do recall someone mentioning this elsewhere.
Zero Revenge

Phantomexe87 wrote:Omaha is kind of a catchy name.

So wait, are they making some kind of nod that Barrack Obama is bad? Well I guess that remains to be seen, but since the Federation is the "bad guy", that can't reflect well on this Omaha figure.

I do recall someone mentioning this elsewhere.
No, i'd be assuming just the opposite. Assuming that the A-Laws are preforming these "less than humane" tactics secretly, I'd think Omaha only knows what the regular Federal Forces are doing. We've yet to see/meet the Leader of the Tita--A-Laws.
Vent Noir

Kavik Ryx wrote: Isn't it just possible that Al is being held as a terrorist and is receiving the maximum security?
That's what I'd presume... although my personal reaction is "You had him for four frickin' years! Why didn't you JUST SHOOT HIM?"

It'd better not be for anything as lame as "we think we can get him to work for us".
Recon 5

More like "we think we can manipulate these nanomachines that we ourselves gave him so that he'll be forced to work for us whether he wants to or not". If nothing else, they might just intend to use him as a lab rat. He is a prototype after all,
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Exia

Teki wrote:Lol rewatching first episode and just noticed exia only uses its right arm the whole time... i still think if in good condition that exia would've beat them down mean put up decent defense for 1 vs 3 and having one arm.
And Setsuna didn't use the TRANS AM so maybe his GN Drive wasn't in the best shape. No wonder after 4 years of fighting and no real maintenance.

Maybe they want to recreate Allelujah's incredible fighting strength. After all, he was the perfect super soldier although he was marked as a failure by the HRL. And after the destruction of the Super Human research facility they would need time for research so they need to keep him alive.
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!