The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
JQuilty

latenlazy wrote:
JQuilty wrote:
Kenji wrote:(shrugs)
That final battle could have changed him...those kinda final battles where they reappear again years later usually do...
Yeah, but that type of thing doesn't seem like it'd be changed so easily.
Mythgarr

J-Lead wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:here's for Princess Marina to start singing career in order to unify the world and for Gundam to one-up Macross again in the area of powerful Idol !

like it or not, that pink overprincess is an idol and succesful in uniting the world in the end!
For the last ZOINKS time, Gundam 00 and SEED/Wing are nothing alike, and forcing comparisons, especially hypothetical ones like the one you tactfully posted is not going to make people like you.

...And I have no idea what this has to do with Macross.
I am not forcing comparisons, I am just spewing out random ideas. Shees...you and your hatred for SEED. SEED is fine, it's SEED-D that is an aberration.
Visit The Dreams
Janx_Dolaris

Im pretty sure random ideas and/or speculation (arent they the same thing) is not supposed to be allowed.
Destiny_Gundam

He was just trying to be funny.

If you're going to make a joke or some speculation that you don't want taken seriously, I suggest you back up your post with a serious comment as well.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
J-Lead

Mythgarr wrote:
J-Lead wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:here's for Princess Marina to start singing career in order to unify the world and for Gundam to one-up Macross again in the area of powerful Idol !

like it or not, that pink overprincess is an idol and succesful in uniting the world in the end!
For the last ZOINKS time, Gundam 00 and SEED/Wing are nothing alike, and forcing comparisons, especially hypothetical ones like the one you tactfully posted is not going to make people like you.

I am not forcing comparisons, I am just spewing out random ideas. Shees...you and your hatred for SEED. SEED is fine, it's SEED-D that is an aberration.
What's ironic is that I never made any ill comment towards CE, but be that as it may. If your going to try and be funny, be sure to post something that won't be so easily mistaken as trolling.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Mythgarr

J-Lead wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:
J-Lead wrote: For the last ZOINKS time, Gundam 00 and SEED/Wing are nothing alike, and forcing comparisons, especially hypothetical ones like the one you tactfully posted is not going to make people like you.

What's ironic is that I never made any ill comment towards CE, but be that as it may. If your going to try and be funny, be sure to post something that won't be so easily mistaken as trolling.
pot and kettle
Visit The Dreams
Chris
Administrator

Drop these back-and-forth quote wars between the two of you. Get back on topic now.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Teki

Any news if there will be early screens of episode 26/S2 1 like was the original episode?
Kenji

I'm sorry, what?

Could you please reword that, 'cuz I'm not really sure what you're asking...

Oh, wait, I think I get it now... no clue. :?: It's only a month away, so I wouldn't bet money on it...

Then again, don't all of the commercials count?
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Thundermuffin

Anybody else watch Season 1 again the whole way through in prep for Season 2?

My second time around, what really struck me was how badly deluded the Trinity siblings were, even Johann, the most collected one.

When Sergei's GN-X squadron initially attacks their base, Johann speculates they've been betrayed or ratted-on to some degree.

So the next episode, what does he do? He calls Wang and asks for help! Did it occur to him that maybe Wang, who KNEW where their base was (and they were surprised she found it) was the one who betrayed them?

Never mind that she wasn't, it just kinda made them seem really desperate for help.

It also didn't occur to me the first time that Ali jettisoned one of Zwei's Fang docks to get away from Trans-Aming Exia. I had just previously assumed Setsuna just barely missed him with his beam sabers as Ali was trying to dodge. But re-watching the scene, I interpreted that Ali just detached one to fall into Exia's path and used the explosion to escape. Anyone else get that?
JQuilty

Thundermuffin wrote:Anybody else watch Season 1 again the whole way through in prep for Season 2?

My second time around, what really struck me was how badly deluded the Trinity siblings were, even Johann, the most collected one.

When Sergei's GN-X squadron initially attacks their base, Johann speculates they've been betrayed or ratted-on to some degree.

So the next episode, what does he do? He calls Wang and asks for help! Did it occur to him that maybe Wang, who KNEW where their base was (and they were surprised she found it) was the one who betrayed them?

Never mind that she wasn't, it just kinda made them seem really desperate for help.
Well, Alejandrio did make it clear they were little more than patsies.
Vent Noir

Okay, I've expressed my misgivings about 00 season one before, and amid all the Code Geass debate, I got a clearer picture in my mind about why, despite liking some of the characters, I had such a problem with Celestial Being as an organization.

It's because they always seemed (to me, anyway) to be acting like self-appointed gods who were intent on holding the world at gunpoint "for its own good". I really wanted to see them get severely smacked down, and was cheering for the antagonists every time, the only exceptions being the Trinity.

I really hope they're not going to be acting the same way in season 2.

Okay, got that off my chest.

EDIT: For those of you who read comics, I could probably make comparisions between Celestial Being and The Authority. And both were series that a lot of people liked, but I had a hard time with.

(I do still like 00 enough to keep watching, although it was a close call at a couple of points)
quasadra

Vent Noir wrote:It's because they always seemed (to me, anyway) to be acting like self-appointed gods who were intent on holding the world at gunpoint "for its own good". I really wanted to see them get severely smacked down, and was cheering for the antagonists every time, the only exceptions being the Trinity.

I really hope they're not going to be acting the same way in season 2.
thats basicly what happen in season 1. CB gets owned by the rest of the world. and i dont think they learn their leason yet. then again, what do you expect out of the people that name their gaint robot after angels. obviously they got some serious superiority complex.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
T.V.

It's an interesting topic.
An organisation that sets out to take away some responsibility (by force) from countries and people, because the world has shown not to be able to behave responsibly towards itself.

Celestial Being acts like a self proclaimed guardian towards children. Unwilling children, who are forced to acknowledge that unless they manage their weaknesses causing harm to others, that they have to accept that they're unable to manage themselves responsibly and thus have to relinguish some of that responsibility.

However, the people within CB, aren't the ones with a superiority complex.
They're all aware that they aren't superior to the people, countries and organisations they're subjecting. Everyone onboard the Ptolemaios and the CB Meisters were aware of their own weaknesses and the irony of being terrorists against terrorism.

It was Aeolia Schenberg who tried to create a system that can act like a guardian angel, based on the idea that people, even within Celestial Being, are unable to cast off their weaknesses. He's the one playing God.
Celestial Being is organized in such a way that it exploits the strengths of each member, but builds in a safety against the weaknesses of those members.
I'd like to think he foresaw CB's near downfall in season 1, putting mechanisms into places ensuring its survival.
I'd even go as far that he used the enivitable defeat to his advantage.

Aeolia Schenberg probably believes that because people are inherently imperfect, they are unable to be the perfectly responsible towards others.
And unless they're have proven to be perfectly responsible, they shouldn't be treated as being perfectly responsible for themselves and others and thusly should have their responsibility revoked.

Perhaps Innovators were Aoelia Schenberg's attempt to artificially create perfect people. One of the many projects that may have blown up in his face.
This is probably one of many failed attemps that he needs to address, making his contributions to season 2 still important to the people onboard Ptolemaios II, and the world at large.

Edit:
It appears as if Schenberg only tells on a need-to-know basis, so that people do what they're supposed to do.
He believes he can't control people (and their weaknesses) when he's honest against them, but he can control what he says. He isn't honest, but chooses to manipulate people in order to make them reach his own goal.
A goal that doesn't stop at world peace, according the what Dr. Eiffmann was about to uncover before his death.
Destiny_Gundam

Gundam Official announced more of the dub cast:

Sergei Smirnov - Michael Dobson. Dekim Barton, Rashid. So he's definitely got 'old man' down.

Soma Peries - Tabitha St. Germain. Fllay, Shana. Was really hoping for her to get cast as Nena, but she'll be a good Soma. She's a personal favourite of mine.

Marina Ismail - Paula Lindberg. Hasn't done anything I've seen.

Graham Aker - Paul Dobson. NARAKUUUUUUUU!!!

Billy Katagiri - Kirby Morrow. Rey, Van. He's good at young guys, but I don't know how he'll handle an older dude like Billy.

Alejandro Corner - Andrew Kavadas. Patrick Zala, so I guess he's got evil mad man down.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
CasvalRemDeikun

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Gundam Official announced more of the dub cast:

Sergei Smirnov - Michael Dobson. Dekim Barton, Rashid. So he's definitely got 'old man' down.
Soma Peries - Tabitha St. Germain. Fllay, Shana. Was really hoping for her to get cast as Nena, but she'll be a good Soma. She's a personal favourite of mine.
Marina Ismail - Paula Lindberg. Hasn't done anything I've seen.
Graham Aker - Paul Dobson. NARAKUUUUUUUU!!!
Billy Katagiri - Kirby Morrow. Rey, Van. He's good at young guys, but I don't know how he'll handle an older dude like Billy.
Alejandro Corner - Andrew Kavadas. Patrick Zala, so I guess he's got evil mad man down.
So Happosai is Sergei, no wonder he hangs out with a girl 1/3 his age. And Michael Dobson being Graham is pure win.
Sume Gai

Sergei is Revil; that fits
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Dark Duel

CasvalRemDeikun wrote:Michael Dobson being Graham is pure win.
Don't you mean Paul Dobson? Michael Dobson is Sergei.
Patrick Zala as Alejandro? *cries* I was hoping Treize(David Kaye) would do him. But I guess this works too...
Rey Za Burrel/Trowa Barton as Billy-boy should be interesting, actually.
Looking forward to this very much indeed...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
CasvalRemDeikun

Dark Duel wrote:
CasvalRemDeikun wrote:Michael Dobson being Graham is pure win.
Don't you mean Paul Dobson? Michael Dobson is Sergei.
Patrick Zala as Alejandro? *cries* I was hoping Treize(David Kaye) would do him. But I guess this works too...
Rey Za Burrel/Trowa Barton as Billy-boy should be interesting, actually.
Looking forward to this very much indeed...
You are very much correct. That was my mistake. That means Happosai AND Naraku are Graham Aker. That equals win squared!

I am still crossing my fingers on Brian Drummond being Ali.
Sume Gai

CasvalRemDeikun wrote:I am still crossing my fingers on Brian Drummond being Ali.
I think we all are
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern