Has any Anime made you tear up?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Genocide

Hokuto no Ken hit me pretty hard at some points. Most notable would be when Fudo, Shu and Falco died. Aside from that, the ending of Cowboy Bebop was a bit emotional, although perhaps not in a completely depressing way (since Spike was smiling). Several scenes in G Gundam were touching, with Kyoji and Master Asia's deaths standing out. And of course, it was a slap in the face when Kamina died.

For me, other emotional moments in anime (although not necessarily sad), include the suicide run by the old folks at the end of Victory Gundam, the ending for Turn A, and the final episode of Aura Battler Dunbine.
Zangetsu

Transformers Armada- The Death of Starscream
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I just noticed that no one on this thread mentioned Grave of the Fireflies.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
solid snake

I was moved to the edge of tears by the works of Makoto Shinkai.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
RedBlitz

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I just noticed that no one on this thread mentioned Grave of the Fireflies.
Actually I think like 3 people mentinned it already. ShadowCell mentioned it for sure.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Kavik Ryx

Just now, episode 38 of Macross 7, when Basara started singing My Soul For You after Gilge Died. The guy annoyed me for the first 26 episodes, and now he almost made me break down and cry.
GN-003 Kyrios

Kannon almost got me. But I'd have to say that Air is the winner. I cried like a big baby in the end.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
Reldn

The ending of 0080 made me tear up. I was actually holding out pretty well but when Chris asks Al about Bernie and he says something along the lines of that he's gone and she missed him (Can't remember that exact exchange. I gotta watch it again.) ....Yeah, I lost it at that part. *chuckles*

I never teared up with this one but, Four and Kamille's bond in Zeta struck a chord with me as well. You more or less knew she was doomed from the start but you kept hoping that maybe he'd be able to snap her out of it..That whole arc was rather bittersweet in my opinion.

And as cheesy as it is. The final episode of G Gundam got me kinda choked up when Domon was telling Rain he loves her and got her out of the DG.

(And I know this one doesn't count at all seeing as it's not an anime. But, Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. The music playing near the end as he melts down..That gets me bawling like a baby everytime.)
Last edited by Reldn on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ed142

fireflies got me, the kenshin ovas, some fma (yeah i know) and seed when that orb leader dood (uzumi???) blew up- that hit me

btw i saw some mentions of transformers and gundam and kinda thought why do amuro and spike look alike??? or has this been brought up?
Casval Rem Daikun

Hmm. Never thought about the Amuro/Spike thing, but considering that (G1) Optimus Prime is pretty much styled off of the RX-78 it's not a stretch to guess that the Animators were Gundam fans...
VentZX

Call me sentimental, but I actually tear up a lot. I outright cried like a child in the last episodes of Gurren Lagann, and I just about ran out of tears when I watched Voices of a Distant Star and 5 Centimeters per Second. I certainly choked up over "Lockon! Lockon!" It's amazing how much emotion came from that little robot.

Then there's 0080. I still tear up for that one even years after I originally saw it.
Casval Rem Daikun

The first Transformers movie - Optimus Prime's death had every kid (and a few parents) in the theater sad and angry. And it only got worse from there.

The movie had long since stopped being the big screen awesomefest us kids had hoped for, and then they killed off StarScream in such a jacked up manner, the rest of the film couldn't overcome the mule kick to the nads those two events were. Even after they brought Prime back to life (which rocked, BTW) it just wasn't ever the same. I hate that damned movie.

0080. Dammit Bernie. :(

Cowboy Bebop - last scene with Spike and Faye.

Gundam X - specifically the end of Episode 30. I hadn't expected to react as much as I did.

Turn A Gundam - The ending was emotional, because I didn't want it to end, but the endings of episodes 13 and 15, 15 especially got to me. You just want to hug Diana and just let her cry after Will Game Mk III dies so very, very badly

Seed: Mwu's death, even though you knew it was going to happen almost from the beginning of the series, Murrue's reaction made it palpable.

The most recent show to get me choked up was the 2nd & 3rd installments of MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079. Still get worked up in the last episode, even knowing how it turns out.
L.U.T.A.

I cry over everything... Blood+, Gurren Lagann, (SDF Macross, DYRL, Flashback 2012). Does anyone have more recomendations so I can cry more?
~Searching for happiness...
The blue bird flies away
wraith1701

I didn't exactly tear up, but I experienced a manly stinging in my eyes at the end of Cowboy Bebop.
darkangle

sad to say Naruto did tear me up lol
~~Darkness will prevail ~~
young_oldtype

Got my eyes damp in 0080, at Episode 6. That smoking pile of hamburgers...Same with the end of Gundam 00's first season.

Then there's my rewatch of EoE after I actually saw the series. People melting into LCL+that background music just got me.

And the worst: I cried at the end of Clannad's Fuko arc.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
thanatos

Kavik Ryx wrote:Just now, episode 38 of Macross 7, when Basara started singing My Soul For You after Gilge Died. The guy annoyed me for the first 26 episodes, and now he almost made me break down and cry.
Oh man, why did you have to remind me of that?

I've always gotten teary-eyed at the end of Gunbuster. When that sign lights up and the music starts playing, I can't control myself.
ed142

eva teared me up but i was still like WTF LMAO
pew-pew-pew

Skippy438 wrote:...a few times, not just the sad parts, but there are moments where the use of music has really struck a chord with me (pun not intended).
There are a lot of anime shows that with the right music and the right plot have drawn this out of me in particular scenes or arc's. Especially when you watch it in stereo at full blast with the lights off on a cold Saturday night. lols

Do You Remember Love?

Naruto (Sound 5 to Valley of End arc and others)

G-Gundam (Domon's corny pouring out my heart scene..lols_)

Geass R2 (ending....)

Blood +

Ergo Proxy was depressing for weeks...

Macross [Robotech dub] (Minmei v. Lisa fiasco back and forth - boy was that depressing)

Macross Zero (ending....)

OO (Chris & Lichty was drama.....)

Seed: Mwu's death, even though you knew it was going to happen almost from the beginning of the series, Murrue's reaction made it palpable.
I knew I would remember more... that was dramatic. The other SEED memory was Kira v. Athrun battle. BOY did that leave me depressed for about 1 week untill the next episode revealed he was alive... lols
Saji hops into the 0-Raiser, but he is no pilot. No, he's still what he's always been: a delivery boy. - D_G
zero_the_masked_knight

I didn't exactly "tear up" over anything. Still, some anime really did affect me in a profound way.

Naruto: I almost did cry during the first episode. I think I did cry during that scene in which Naruto realized that he and Gaara were the same (both outcasts, both treated as monsters and feared). It was especially emotional for me when Naruto, exhausted and drained, dragged himself to Gaara with his chin and told him that he understood how he felt. Gaara's kidnapping in the early part of Shippuuden was also very emotional for me, because of the aforementioned scenes.

Code Geass (R1 and R2): Euphy's death in R1 and the last few episodes of R2.

Of course, Mwu's death in Seed really shook me. I think that was one of the first, if not the first time a character's death affected me. It was priceless, the way he screamed: "Didn't I tell you I could make the impossible possible!?". I absolutely hate it how Destiny ruined Mwu's heroic sacrifice by bringing him back.

Neil's death in 00 was also rather powerful, especially with his awesome duel with Ali which preceded his death.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.