Eureka 7 - Just started on this

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Eureka 7 - Just started on this

Got E7 and AVcon and have watched the first three episodes so far - it seems pretty fun. So far, it seems that Renton is the main character but Eureka is the Nirvash's main pilot, which is a pretty enjoyable thing to have IMHO. Does it stay this way all along or does Renton become the "main pilot" eventually (if there's a major spoiler concerning this, don't tell me).

Also... I got definite Gundam 00 vibes from those green energy trails (that turn red with powerups!)... was 00 influenced by this at all?
DeltasTaii

It's hard to say-there's no real direct connection between the 2 stories, but a look at the Enact for example, reveals a very similar design direction to the Nirvash and Terminus series LFOs. Skinny, lanky, and with a strangely organic vehicle transformation. (the later Nirvash spec2 ups this vibe some more).

And I can at least assure you, Renton isn't going to kick Eureka out of the spotlight. The series goes through a lot more twists, turns, and particularly emotional shifts and character development than your average mecha anime, being that its twice as long as something like Eva or RahXephon, and much less of a toy commercial or standard war space opera like Gundam.
One Big Hullabaloo

E7 only gets better as it goes along. Without spoiling to much, the character growth of Renton and Eureka is amazing and you have seen nothing of what those LFO's will do yet.
RedBlitz

Re: Eureka 7 - Just started on this

Vent Noir wrote:Got E7 and AVcon and have watched the first three episodes so far - it seems pretty fun. So far, it seems that Renton is the main character but Eureka is the Nirvash's main pilot, which is a pretty enjoyable thing to have IMHO. Does it stay this way all along or does Renton become the "main pilot" eventually (if there's a major spoiler concerning this, don't tell me).
They both became the main pilot, maybe a little bit in Renton's favor, but still Eureka isnt pushed out of the spot light and she's still just as important from the begining of the story and in the end.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

While Eureka has more experience (and a deeper connection) with Nirvash, it's Renton who adds that 'missing piece' to the LFO and helps to bring it to its full potential. So both pilots are needed to bring out the best in Nirvash and thus, both get a (more or less) equal share of screen time and character growth. Together they're the perfect LFO pilot.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Tgjanlee

energy trails isn't some new concept, so no i dont think its a direct link (steal) from eureka 7

i lurve the manga :D

im about half done the anime, but i really like the dubbers performance on this one
....why leave this open to insert images! GAHHHH
RedBlitz

Yes the dubbing is great for Eureka 7, Johny doesnt sound like his Ichigo voice in this one. He's a very good Renton, makes the part convincing and the lines are well spoken. I also really like Talho and Holands voice in the dub.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
NightFall

Re: Eureka 7 - Just started on this

Vent Noir wrote:Got E7 and AVcon and have watched the first three episodes so far - it seems pretty fun. So far, it seems that Renton is the main character but Eureka is the Nirvash's main pilot, which is a pretty enjoyable thing to have IMHO. Does it stay this way all along or does Renton become the "main pilot" eventually (if there's a major spoiler concerning this, don't tell me).

Also... I got definite Gundam 00 vibes from those green energy trails (that turn red with powerups!)... was 00 influenced by this at all?
E7 Is a great show! You'll really enjoy it if you liked the pace of the story in gundam 00.
Typezero09

Please, watch each episode in turn, don't jump around, I garantee you'll be hooked, I am.
RefBoarding, Like Surfing is a Mile High, High!
Teki

This is a great series. Never watched the dub, hope it isn't censored as there are times you are really in awe by what is happening (like death and cruelty of things) that occurs. Is a great anime, but is odd how not too cliche'd in aspects you'd think. Still love the director for naming important key figure after A Beastie Boy (Adrock). Is Bones production so you know getting good animation and music has great vibes and all. Own all the OSTs :)
DeltasTaii

Ignoring butcher-job "adaptions" like 4Kids One Piece, or the kiddy version individual DVD releases of TV Version Naruto, dubs never edit anything these days. It's the TV airings that are responsible for editing, in accordance with what they are willing to put on air. Occasionally the CN version of a show will sneak into other regions, resulting in additional editing that wasn't intended on that channel (like when Canada got the cut down FMA credits, or how we got the shortened Gundam SEED opening because it was the only one with English credits, for example), but that's it.

Mind you, the YTV airing of E7 had the usual inconsistent half-asleep censoring typical of Bionix, where 1/3 episodes one of Holland's profanities would be randomly silenced out, and someone might decide some blood or quasi-nudity was offensive, despite the block's airing time and disclaimers making it unnecessary. I still lol'd at the one time of 100 that InuYasha's "Bastard" got silenced.
Teki

DeltasTaii wrote:Ignoring butcher-job "adaptions" like 4Kids One Piece, or the kiddy version individual DVD releases of TV Version Naruto, dubs never edit anything these days. It's the TV airings that are responsible for editing, in accordance with what they are willing to put on air. Occasionally the CN version of a show will sneak into other regions, resulting in additional editing that wasn't intended on that channel (like when Canada got the cut down FMA credits, or how we got the shortened Gundam SEED opening because it was the only one with English credits, for example), but that's it.

Mind you, the YTV airing of E7 had the usual inconsistent half-asleep censoring typical of Bionix, where 1/3 episodes one of Holland's profanities would be randomly silenced out, and someone might decide some blood or quasi-nudity was offensive, despite the block's airing time and disclaimers making it unnecessary. I still lol'd at the one time of 100 that InuYasha's "Bastard" got silenced.
Even "small things" can matter greatly though... for example, in SEED they replayed Tolles death how many times. Seeing your friend get blown to ash is hard but way less emotional then seeing him get decapitated and headless first. The gore in E7 also effects much of how your gonna feel... de-embodied limbs are lot more effective on tramatizing people then say a little blood.
NightFall

Typezero09 wrote:Please, watch each episode in turn, don't jump around, I garantee you'll be hooked, I am.
Hmm TypeZero? I belive I know you. :D Yes your right even through there may seem to be a lot of filler what is talked about comes into play later on.
DeltasTaii

Um, no, by the 10th time its shown again, it doesn't matter how gruesome a still-shot cartoon death is.

I literally switch my brain off every time Athrun flashes back to Nicol's death now.
dreacon

Having myself watched at least half of the show, i can say that it is amazing, at times laughing uncontrolably, other times brought to Tears.
I got hooked enough my roomate noticed that i would refer to the characters as if i knew them myself (I kind of felt as though i did) it had sucked me in quite nicely. To the point i felt like i was stressing out about the rollercoaster of emmotion that is the relationship between Renton and Eureka.

The Mecha design took some getting used to, I like(d) my robots to look like just that Robots. But soon enough i fell in love with the way they looked, the near Human way they moved and oddly enough the Nirvash's near lack of equipment.

but there were some cons!
small ones, namely first "Ray Beams" i wanted to kick myself every time i herd the name.

Talho's Midseason design change. Yeah, i'm a perve.

and, this was more my problem, every thing after one of the episodes i own is in the J-Dub, without subbs so yeah, unless i learn another language fast i'm screwed untill i get stateside.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.