The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 13

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 13

New thread, same rules as the last. Please tag spoilers, don't speculate about random crap you found in your colon, and don't be dicks.
Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
Delta Knight wrote:Has anyone noticed how the GN-Xs look like Cecily's MS from Gundam F91 (I forget its name)?
The Vigna Ghina? Given a side-by-side comparison... I'm not seeing it. At all, in fact.
Kavik Ryx

Then what are we supposed to do for the next four months? JK. But seriously, until maybe August there probably won't be too much on season 2.
Delta Knight

Kavik Ryx wrote:Then what are we supposed to do for the next four months?
Watch season 1 over again to see if you can pick up on subtle things that might have big results in season two. So when season two rolls around and something seems to come out of nowhere and surprise you, you can say, "Oh yeah, this makes sense, because there was that time when..."
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
Recon 5

I hope they won't take that too far. Something like having Ribbons assassinated by a butler who flashed by on the lower left corner of the screen for two seconds during the Orbital Elevator sequence would probably put off quite a few of the show's more discerning fans.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Kavik Ryx

Oh sure, blame the butler for the murder, cause as we all know it's always the butler. Though in all seriousness, I kind of hope this thread stays dormant for the next few months. We all know what happened to the first two ones.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

In the last thread, I addressed my suspicions regarding Wang Liu Mei but never made an argument. So if I'm allowed, I'd like to make an argument now.

Though we all now know that she's not the CB traitor of the first season, one must question Liu Mei's intentions with the organization. She keeps saying the world must change, but doesn't seem to care what the world would change into, nor how that change would be made (as shown by her meeting with the Trinities). For all we know, Liu Mei's ideal world may be as bad as the current one. Her ideals just seem different from those of Schenberg and the rest of CB as she doesn't specifically wish for the eradication of war. Hopefully we'll learn more about Liu Mei and her motives in the second season.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Delta Knight

Hopefully we'll also learn what relevance Louise and Saji have to Celestial Being in season two.
"You spoony bard!"
Brave Fencer Kirby

I agree with G-Slayer that Liu Mei is rather fishy; we know that she's still involved in Celestial Being given that she visits them to see the Gundam 00 at the very end of episode 25, despite the fact that she seemed to have more or less abandoned the Fab Four in favor of the Throne Trio earlier on. She's also adopted Nena, though she seems to be keeping this secret from the rest of Celestial Being. Why is anyone's guess, but it seems clear that Liu Mei is playing her own game... we're just not sure what it is yet.

In reference to Louise and Saji: they've never had any direct reference to Celestial Being. They were around to provide an average-Joe's eye view of the world-spanning events that CB was causing. This may or may not change in season two: Louise seems to have joined the United Nations military (she was seen their uniform with not-Tieria in the end of episode 25) but more than that we don't know. Saji is in space doing his thing, but doesn't seem likely to get directly involved unless he ends up falling into 00's cockpit a la Amuro-Kamille-Judau-Usso-Kira. :roll:
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Delta Knight

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:Saji is in space doing his thing, but doesn't seem likely to get directly involved unless he ends up falling into 00's cockpit a la Amuro-Kamille-Judau-Usso-Kira.
Now that you mention it, Musashi, that might happen; pretty much every Gundam pilot/main character outside of Wing has, as you put it, "fallen into the cockpit", and I don't see 00 bucking the trend.
"You spoony bard!"
Areku

Ugh. For Saji discussion, go here. And frankly, given how many trends 00 has already bucked, that just sounds unlikely.
Destiny_Gundam

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:I agree with G-Slayer that Liu Mei is rather fishy; we know that she's still involved in Celestial Being given that she visits them to see the Gundam 00 at the very end of episode 25, despite the fact that she seemed to have more or less abandoned the Fab Four in favor of the Throne Trio earlier on. She's also adopted Nena, though she seems to be keeping this secret from the rest of Celestial Being. Why is anyone's guess, but it seems clear that Liu Mei is playing her own game... we're just not sure what it is yet.
She didn't abandon the fab four in the slightest. She just offered to help the Trinities out, since they were doing a much better job than the other Meisters in terms of changing the world. Besides, remember how the observers officially accepted the Trinities as part of Celestial Being? And I doubt Wang is hiding Nena. Nena was simply waiting on the ship.

As I've said before, I trust Wang. She's been pretty open about the fact that she simply wants the world to change. So long as Celestial Being is the best method to make the change, she'll keep helping them.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
quasadra

people band together because they have a common goal. and remember the fab four want to change the world as well. they will leave CB if it cant change the as they have hope too. surely one dont just jump into a shaddy organization if they dont think they can acomplish something.

on another note, how CB recruit their members anyway? just what what condition one have to meet before they can even be introduce to CB? some guy in black just knock your door and ask wheather you will join the most secrective(possibly) terrorist organization in existence? then i guess you cant say no at this point.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Delta Knight

quasadra wrote:how CB recruit their members anyway?
I guess if you run around saying "There is no god in this world" while carrying a gun and you look up and see Kyrios, you're qualified.

Heh, but seriously, they'll probably resolve that in S2.
"You spoony bard!"
Sume Gai

I think Setsuna may have been a special case. (maybe the pilot of the 0 had a soft side)

Maybe they go to a nearby orphanage and pick up war orphans on their day off
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Brave Fencer Kirby

Destiny_Gundam wrote:She didn't abandon the fab four in the slightest. She just offered to help the Trinities out, since they were doing a much better job than the other Meisters in terms of changing the world.
For a certain definition of "better", I suppose. The Thrones weren't part of the original plan; they were added later by Corner. If Liu Mei was really after the same thing Aeolia Schenberg was after, then she presumably would have been as upset over the Throne's indiscriminate tactics as the Fab Four were. That she wasn't -- and was in fact supporting the Thrones over the Fab Four -- suggests that she's not on the same wavelength as the "proper" Celestial Being (meaning the Fab Four and their support crew) are. Whether she is (or was, anyway) in league with Corner remains to be seen, but we've seen nothing to suggest that she is, and my impression is that she's after something else entirely and is using CB to further those goals.

What those are, though, I couldn't even begin to speculate.
Destiny_Gundam

Remember that Corner's plan was exactly the same as Aeolia's, only with Corner in control.

Like was said, Wang wants the world to change through any means. Of course she wouldn't be morally opposed to the Trinities methods so long as they produced results, which they did.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
latenlazy

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:She didn't abandon the fab four in the slightest. She just offered to help the Trinities out, since they were doing a much better job than the other Meisters in terms of changing the world.
For a certain definition of "better", I suppose. The Thrones weren't part of the original plan; they were added later by Corner. If Liu Mei was really after the same thing Aeolia Schenberg was after, then she presumably would have been as upset over the Throne's indiscriminate tactics as the Fab Four were. That she wasn't -- and was in fact supporting the Thrones over the Fab Four -- suggests that she's not on the same wavelength as the "proper" Celestial Being (meaning the Fab Four and their support crew) are. Whether she is (or was, anyway) in league with Corner remains to be seen, but we've seen nothing to suggest that she is, and my impression is that she's after something else entirely and is using CB to further those goals.

What those are, though, I couldn't even begin to speculate.
Keep in mind though that Liu Min herself considered that the Thrones could be part of the original plan because she is aware that CB doesn't tell everyone everything, and she could have easily been not meant to know about this.
Rudy A Winchester

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Remember that Corner's plan was exactly the same as Aeolia's, only with Corner in control.
I'm not so sure about this. Remember that it has been stated that Aeolia's plan isn't to unite the world; that is only a step. We still don't know what his actual plan really is. I assume that Corner's plan was the same up until the formation of the Earth Federation, in which case he would have been the leader or the world. Aeolia's plan goes much further than that; hence we have a second season.

I assume that this season will be much more cryptic and hinting at to what Aeolia's plan really is, and that it will become a major plot device. It is something that definitely interests me, as what people thought originally (along with myself) was that he simply wanted to eradicate war and unite the world. But now it seems he wants something more complicated than that.
Kavik Ryx

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Remember that Corner's plan was exactly the same as Aeolia's, only with Corner in control.

Like was said, Wang wants the world to change through any means. Of course she wouldn't be morally opposed to the Trinities methods so long as they produced results, which they did.
That's why I don't really trust her. While Liu Min. Her whole ends justifying the means take feels a little too close to the more noble of Titans, to Oz, or Durandel's faction. While there is a moral agreement as to why, how is an entirely different question.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Yeah, I don't think you can say that Corner's plan was the same as Aeolia's except for who was in charge; Corner introduced fun things like the Thrones and the GN-X machines that clearly weren't any part of Aeolia's plan. If he just wanted to take over, why would Corner give the big three superpowers a fighting chance to take Celestial Being down, rather than just controlling Celestial Being through Veda (which he certainly seemed capable of doing) and the rest of the world through Celestial Being?

I think the Thrones represented Celestial Being taken to extremes. While Celestial Being did what they did in order to protect people (each of the pilots -- with the possible exception of Tieria, given that we know so little about his past -- have a very personal reason to want to keep innocents from going through the same thing they did), the Thrones have no such motivation. In essence, while Celestial Being wants to create peace for the people, the Thrones are willing to create peace in spite of the people. The fact that Liu Mei threw in her support with the Trinities seems to show that, like the Trinities themselves, she's misguided at best and a manipulative schemer at worst.