The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 13

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kenji

Quattro Bageena wrote:umm... unstable and psychotic Gundam women who aren't Synthetic Newtypes? How about Katejina Loos (V Gundam), who actually seems a lot like where they may be going with Louise. Although that would require Louise to become some sort of super pilot, which seems unlikely.

There's also Cima Garahau (0083), Ennil El - at least for the first half of the series (Gundam X), Lady Une - once again for the first half of the series (Wing), and Merrybell (Turn A). That's one big bag of crazy.
And...?

My point still stands: just because some Gundam women are psychotic doesn't mean that Louise has to be, by virtue of being a woman and being in a cockpit (moreso because this is among the first Gundam series I know of that doesn't have the famous "A woman?!" line)

Also, I suggest you check your definition of "psychotic" and "unstable," because it isn't "behavior I don't agree with." Cima, for instance, is an opportunist with ulterior motives and demonstrates complete sanity, from the looks of it. Katejina being a cold, hard, manipulative bitch doesn't really fall under the heading of "psychotic," either... it jives more with "evil."

And my experience with Victory is limited, so pray tell how Louise has anything in common with Katejina.

I doubt Louise will become an ace by ny stretch of the imagination... I think she'll just be a mediocre pilot, not too good, not Katz Kobayashi.
Last edited by Kenji on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Teki

Areku wrote:Or maybe she'll be the Federation's Emma Sheen. Not all female pilots have to be even a little bit deranged, so let's wait until we see her in action before casting the crazy stones.

Edit: After all, 00 has done a pretty good job of derailing some of the more annoying Gundam tropes up til now.
wouldn't say it would happen at all. mean her whole entire family was destroyed by "CB" so yea she must have strong grudge... mean she went from prissy girly girl to pilot takes lot of motivation, probably least some of it revenge. I don't believe she will be psycho (least not yet) but join CB I wouldn't put money down even is the creators told me themselves