The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 13

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Recon 5

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Only the director himself has said that old Lockon is space dust.
I think this can be clarified further if we say that the particular Lockon we saw floating into space after the cannon blast is not coming back. The 'new' one could be a perfect dupe produced through means unknown.

I just hope they don't reveal that CB can replace ALL the Meisters that easily, otherwise it would really cheapen what they are doing.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Destiny_Gundam

Recon 5 wrote:The 'new' one could be a perfect dupe produced through means unknown.

I just hope they don't reveal that CB can replace ALL the Meisters that easily, otherwise it would really cheapen what they are doing.
Well, considering there aren't doubles of Ruido or Marlene kicking around, I doubt they keep 'spares' of their meisters.

Although 874 was put into Hanayo...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Xanadu

WHo know, maybe Haro will get to pilot it XD
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Big B

I guess we'll just have to see.

It's possible, given the technology to regrow limbs (save when Tau drives throw a wrench in it).
But, at the same time, the show hasn't pointed to cloning. Cybernetics, yes (see Lichty), so Lockon v2.0 might be a cyborg. In any case, I'm sure we'll find more out about Lyle, given the nuggets they've dropped thus far.
RedBlitz

If there is a new Lockon, which pretty much has been confirmed, it's not going to be Neil , the director said he was DEAD. D.E.A.D. People seem to have a hard time understanding that.... :roll:

The only person it can and will be is his identical twin Lyle, it only makes sense. They didnt give him that cameo appearance for nothing.
Last edited by RedBlitz on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Kenji

I think we've all accepted the obvious explanation of Lyle, but I guess people want there to be a little more to it, since Lyle taking on the Lockon name, the Dynames successor, and being a sniper seems a bit too convenient for a show that doesn't throw around much deus ex machina (using weapons they hadn't revealed but were obviously a planned part of their arsenal and being saved by the Thrones due to a certain someone's machinations don't count). I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it, but eventually a moderator's gonna put his/her foot down and say "wait and see."

Regarding the Haro idea, I hadn't really thought of it. I mean, I'm still fairly sure we're looking at Lyle, but a Haro featuring a pilot program (Hanayo) was in 00F, and is apparently linked with Meister 874 from 00P (who is either the pilot Hanayo copies or Hanayo itself). I don't have much info on the sidestories, so I can't comment on the extent of Hanayo's piloting skills, but it does seem that a Haro can pilot a Gundam, even into a combat situation. Wouldn't it be something if Neil's piloting data was copied into his Haro and used to control the Cherudim? That would leave Lyle elsewhere and capable of filling another role... it'd also mean we'd have three characters that share the same face and Shinichiro Miki's voice...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Vent Noir

RedBlitz wrote:If there is a new Lockon, which pretty much has been confirmed, it's not going to be Neil , the director said he was DEAD. D.E.A.D. People seem to have a hard time understanding that.... :roll:
...or maybe believing it. Creators have been known to lie about stuff like that.
ShadowCell

No, I think it's just people having a hard time understanding it.

At least wait for the show to air before you throw the conspiracy card.
Teki

Neil was my favorite character in season 1 starting after couple episodes in and while i hate to admit it, he is dead. In that sense, guess people have problem admitting it is cause of what gundam seed did with my favorite character Mu La Flaga... He was dead.. if you have a helmet cracked and floating in space you are dead, then he magically survives with no explanation and the helmet is removed.
Delta Knight

RedBlitz wrote:If there is a new Lockon, which pretty much has been confirmed, it's not going to be Neil , the director said he was DEAD. D.E.A.D. People seem to have a hard time understanding that....

The only person it can and will be is his identical twin Lyle, it only makes sense. They didnt give him that cameo appearance for nothing.
............................................................................................................l
............................................................................................................l
Yes, people are having a hard time understanding that. See below. V
Vent Noir wrote:
RedBlitz wrote:If there is a new Lockon, which pretty much has been confirmed, it's not going to be Neil , the director said he was DEAD. D.E.A.D. People seem to have a hard time understanding that....
...or maybe believing it. Creators have been known to lie about stuff like that.
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
ShadowCell

Nevertheless, it's Mizushima's word against some conspiracy theories on the Internet, and if you'd rather listen to the conspiracy theories than the guy who directs the show the theories have been spun around, then I have some wonderful beachfront property in Omaha to sell you.

So, for the last time, until something else comes along to say otherwise...Neil Dylandy aka Lockon Stratos is dead. Get over it.
Vent Noir

ShadowCell wrote:Nevertheless, it's Mizushima's word against some conspiracy theories on the Internet, and if you'd rather listen to the conspiracy theories than the guy who directs the show the theories have been spun around, then I have some wonderful beachfront property in Omaha to sell you.

So, for the last time, until something else comes along to say otherwise...Neil Dylandy aka Lockon Stratos is dead. Get over it.
I should have clarified, but I was rushing a bit. I didn't say that I believed the director was lying. I said that some creators have been known to lie to the fans in the past. (Personally, I liked Lockon, but would have preferred he didn't come back in any way, shape or form, even if it isn't actually the same person). Sorry if people thought I was perpetuating a conspiracy theory.

While I'm here, I'll change the subject to another of my favourite 00 characters, Soma, to try and get some paranoia off my chest. I can't help but worry that she'll end up either (a) jobbing for Allelujah, (b) being the damsel-in-distress for Allelujah, or (c) dying, probably to fuel Allelujah's angst. Maybe it's Cagalli's treatment in Destiny fuelling my paranoia (she wsa my favourite Seed character, and more of a major character than Soma was in 00). I guess liking the antagonists more than the CB "heroes" sets one up for stuff like this.
Teki

I can see the worry with Soma. I mean is she one of their elite so her being shown a lot and getting back story usually leads to a downfall of a "villain" (in quotes since she really isn't a villain just an antagonist i guess). Personally i find in almost all action animes, my favorite character will usually hit the bucket, hence wasn't too surprised at Neil's death when it happend but if he is brought back i'll be pissed. Characters deaths which mean something shouldn't be brought back to life (Hear me CE Universe writers *inserts battle fist*)

I am looking forward to more unique story, see "King Arthur's" role (if any :x), and very interested to see setsuna take leadership and how he matured and while still being "I am Gundam"
Genese Gundam

Hey anyone seen this?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P-yBPjYJdeY

Apparently it is the season two trailer for Gundam 00. It is mostly recycled footage from the season one finale, although it does provide a few seconds of footage of the 00 in action.

Not long now...well maybe still a bit of a while away...
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
Xanadu

Yesh everyone already knew bout dat

um I have a question. What exactly was the point of putting Saji and his girlfriend(I think it was Lucy) and taking the trouble to kill Lucy's entire family and Saji's sister?
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Sume Gai

we're meant to associate with Saji. he's supposed to be US in a gundam show. Just a normal guy trying to live a normal life.

we don't know if in S2 he'll serve some higher purpose.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Teki

Sume Gai wrote:we're meant to associate with Saji. he's supposed to be US in a gundam show. Just a normal guy trying to live a normal life.

we don't know if in S2 he'll serve some higher purpose.
Think it was said Saji will be active in part two. As stated they are the observers/civillians but won't be surprised if they have more active role in the "war" this time around. Louise as we were shown at end of season one has joined the EF, and while Saji/King Arthur/Pizza King/Etc... was shown and all he isn't still yet involved wiith the whole war. Having Saji's sis involved shows how much people are willing to do to cover up secrets in this real-life type scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if Saji ended up taking over family trade and discovering the real purpose of CB and all the background info for the world or at least viewers plus main characters.
SNT1

Gunota wrote:A few more of the English voice actors were revealed at the official English site:

Saji Crossroad - Gabe Khouth
Louise Halevy - Kelly Sheridan
Kinue Crossroad - Anna Cummer
more dub VA's for you guys to whine about!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ShadowCell

Oh, hell, who cares. They'll only appear once per episode most of the time anyway.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, Khouth was Nicol, so atleast he's got the wimpy part down.

Sheridan was Sango, so it'll be wonderful to hear her voice again. She should be a great Louise.

Cummer was Miriallia, so it's really not much of a stretch for her. She'll do a good job.

On another note, that SD DVD special is out. Hilarious stuff.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."