The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 13

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NeoStar9

Neo-Era wrote:2ch rumors. Not confirmed. Grain of salt:

Setsuna
Lyle
Allelujah
Tieria

Regene - Celestial Being
Lundgren - Earth Federation Commodore
Charlotte - Earth Federation Lieutenant JG

00 Gundam
Dynames Kai
Gundam Seraph
Gundam Cherub
Earth Federation Mass-Production MS (no name yet I guess) w/ GN Spear

The two new Gundams have been rumored by name for a little while on 2ch so that indicates another early leak, coincidentally dead-on early guesses due to the predictable angelic naming scheme, or that this is fakeity fake. Will update Gunota once I can confirm or disprove with real info.
I wonder, if it's true, if this Lundgren might be the new name Graham would be using.
hellbore

As far as I can tell, that scan names him as Lockon Stratos. So either he's not dead or "Lyle" is also code named Lockon.

EDIT: names for new Gundams;

- Dynames is (ko) (ru) (te) (i) (mu). I cant make a word out of that sorry.
- Kyrios is obscured but I can get (a) and (ri).
- Virtue is (se) (ra) (vi) (i). Again no word comes to mind.
Last edited by hellbore on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
quasadra

WTH!!! Lockon is back? or is it the twin? the kanji said Lockon Stratos but the picture suggest he is the twin. and the gundams dont seems to be too dirffent. except for the name. virture(or look alike) is seraph, kyrios's name is unclear but start with "ar" sound, dynames is gerdium or cherub as mention above and i dont need to say anything about the last one.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Remember that "Lockon Stratos" was just a codename to protect his identity, so that name alone doesn't mean anything as to the character's true identity. They can just assign the same codename to whoever they see fit if they wanted. Obviously it's more likely that that particular character is codenamed "Lockon Stratos" simply because he's (most likely) going to pilot the Dynames remake, while the Lyle connection could be just an ironic twist.
Renegade334

hellbore wrote: - Virtue is (se) (ra) (vi) (i). Again no word comes to mind.
se ra vi
Seraphim?
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
NeoStar9

You know that picture with the gundam pilots could simply be just that. A picture of the gundam pilots and not having anything to do due with the upcoming season. Why are people automatically assuming that it's an indication of what the gundam team will look like or that Lockon's brother will take his place?

Isn't there suppose to be a prequel story done that focuses on the pilots before they started their mission in the series? The picture could very well be referring to that.
Laevatein

Gunota wrote:Info from Kouryaku No Yakata's Newtype summaries: The second season will revolve around an independent security enforcement organization within the Federation called "Arrows" that suppresses anti-Federation elements. Setsuna will take on a leadership role. Most people aren't aware of the severe oppression of Arrows due to the Federation's complete control of information. Lockon died and isn't coming back. The show will air in MBS' Sunday 5 pm timeslot starting in October.
Yup, there is no Neo here...
Renegade334

Oh, please...
I already hear the Titans comparisons rearing their ugly heads.... *slaps forehead*
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
Indicible

Dynames is (ko) (ru) (te) (i) (mu). I cant make a word out of that sorry.
Could be Kuriotes, aka dominions.
Problem is, the name was already used for Kyrios, wasn't it? However, Dynames and Virtue are the same things anyway.

For the new Kyrios: archangel?
I already hear the Titans comparisons rearing their ugly heads
You can't deny this has a déjà-vu feeling.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Aznable1357

hellbore wrote:
- Dynames is (ko) (ru) (te) (i) (mu). I cant make a word out of that sorry.
Its "ke" not "ko" and I may be wrong, but i want to say it says "de" instead of "te"

So it would be something like Kerudimu, or Keludimu. Gunota has it as Keldim, and I'm assuming something close to that is probably correct
UrbanSniper

From what I read over on AnimeSuki regarding the new names, Cherub and Seraphim seem to be correct, and would fit the 'Celestial Being' motif.
ShadowCell

Why do we need to watch the show when we can already decide everything about its tone and feel based on a magazine scan?

At least wait for the new series to start airing before you start judging it, guys.
Dark Duel

Daaaang, the "Kyrios" and Keldim have TINY feet. Especially the latter - they almost look like hooves.
I find amusing that the Seraphim's V-Fin has a set of antennae pointing almost straight forward. I don't think I've yet seen that on a Gundam - though I did not think it possible for Virtue to get any fatter, but they certainly did it.
Other than the legs, I rather like the Keldim's comparatively simple design, though I do miss the shoulder-mounted sniper rifle and the V-Fin monoeye gimmick of the old Dynames.
00's still my favorite of the bunch.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

I wanna say that Kyrios' new name is アリオク (Arioch), which would make it a reference to Hebrew meaning "fierce lion".
Delta Knight

Laevatein wrote:
Gunota wrote: Lockon died and isn't coming back.
Good. Dead means dead.

But I think some of us are forgetting to take every quark of this with a grain of salt. Some are keeping that in mind, but many of us are regarding these pictures as gospel. It's all speculation, and this data may or may not be true.
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
Omega

Chances are, these things are edited versions of the S1 00 pics.
Derringer

Omega wrote:
Chances are, these things are edited versions of the S1 00 pics.
But we have confirmation these are legitimate images from the magazine
OutLawSuit

The lineart isn't edited from season 1 pics, the little pictures next to the lineart are certainly from S1 though.
Destiny_Gundam

Ok, so I have to admit, this is pretty badass

Those jackets still bug me though... I know I've seen them before, but where!

I just don't like how they don't just wear whatever they want. One of the things I liked about 00 was how all the heros weren't in uniform all the time since they weren't part of a military.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."