The Official Macross Frontier Thread Track II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lans

Hahaha, we still got our old pitchforks and torches ready in case of someone starts rallying against Harmony Gold. I wonder when they'll settle this problem, this been going for years.

Now, back to Macross Frontier. I just realized that in the last episode, nobody is paid attention to the dying pixy. Do Zentraeldi (or Meltran in this case) just "let go" of their fallen comrades? It's a bit sad for a named character just go "puff" and gone. She could have more role in the series.
Gundam Genki

I think it's more a problem with screentime. This is a pretty big plot we're talking about, I think the writers more or less left her 'burial' out in favour of more important things.

I do agree it's a pity though, she was introduced, and barely got any more than that. I kind of dislike introducing characters just to kill them off.
<Gundam Genki???
>Do I LOOK fine???
Destiny_Gundam

In all fairness, she was never introduced to begin with. She was just a silent background character. Simply an extra. She didn't even have a name until she was killed off. So needless to say, when she was offed I simply didn't care. It was no different than some random NUNS pilot being shot down.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Oruma

Episode 16:
Sheryl is seemingly being abandoned by Grace and everyone, though seeing what Grace's hidden agenda is it's understandable. It seems rather odd that Sheryl is still sick, so a high chance is that Grace has a hand/tentacle in this :roll:

Ranka is getting even more famous and attention----though you'll get that if you happen to be the only one in millions who may have a chance of stopping gigantic space monster herds----but she doesn't seem to like that too much.

They also conveniently explained away why she won't need sound pods to carry her songs - there's some sort of Fold signal in her songs. Highly likely that's because of whatever's in her; also Sheryl's songs might've worked because she used to have those Fold Quartz/Crystal earrings.
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Nagato21

After seeing this episode I really felt the awefulness to use music as a tool of war compared to the previous series were it had a more significant impact in terms of spirituality.
Seems that Ozma and Alto are the only one to notice how bad the situation has become, although for Alto I think he is losing confidence, however I am just surprise that he lets Brera walk away like that after he attempted to kill him, the same goes for S.M.S pilots.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Aegis

Another version of Aimo is sung, yet for the first time I actually didn't really like it that much. The techno background already felt out of place, but given the scene and how the song was used, it bothered me that much more. Indeed, it felt uncomfortable seeing music being used as a weapon, and we're not talking 'Minmay' attack in Macross II, either; where that one is just apathetic and therefore not worth much attention, this one is just plain coldblooded in comparison.

On another random note, another new ED. :P
Destiny_Gundam

I actually liked this new version of Aimo more than the others.
Aegis

Huh... the best name you can come up with for that little green poke-vajra is 'Ai'? o.O

At any rate, the earring, the ring, and Grace's own familiarity with Aimo that she was able to specifically change the tune and the lyrics... and I say it many times, but Alto impresses me as a pilot so much, and it's nice to see his skills improve to the degree it has. And, of course, comical moment with Alto hiding Sheryl. :P Good episode, though the rewritten Aimo is still gonna take some getting used to.
Chango

I agree about the name Ranka gave her pet. It seems such a small name for what seems to be a Vajra.

I rather liked the harmony in the new Aimo; it gave it a whole new sound. It'll be interesting to find out how things are going to work out. Alto will have to change the idea he picked up about there only being room in the universe for one species (or whatever the best translation is...) before the end.

It seems likely to me that the next episode will be the end of Ozma. Everything from the title to the preview suggests that he is going to die.
Phoenix012

It'll take me some getting used to the new Aimo as well. I kinda hope this version is a temporary thing.

I like how the rest of Antares squadron reappeared seemingly out of nowhere, having been gone for quite a few episodes. I guess they just parked underneath one of the islands like Brera and simply weren't called on as often.

I also second Chango's thought's about Ozma. I was half expecting the next episode title to be Pineapple Salad, in case the preview didn't make it obvious enough. Now they could be trying to throw us off (like with Luca a couple episodes ago), but I expect someone is going to die really soon regardless.
goufx

my god! macross frontier episode 16 is deffinately one of the best episodes out so far.
Gai Daigoji

Another good episode, Brera reminds me of Heero Yuey from wing for some reason. And I agree, Ozma gonna die either next episode or the one after.

P.S Is that Ranka in the picture on the side of the Ship she was on? (girl wearing the bikini)
Lets Gekiga-in!
Aegis

Uh... Ranka ain't blonde, nor does she have the figure, and if anyone were to paint a skimpy picture of Ranka on the side of the Konig Monster, Ozma would personally kill that person in a bloody fit of rage. :P That's just nothing more than a random pin-up girl much like you'd find on old warplanes and the like.
Gai Daigoji

hmmm strange.....stupid crappy veoh quality, coulda sworn that was her hair....
Lets Gekiga-in!
Aegis

Even then, think what would happen if anyone on SMS was caught with a pin-up of a bikini clad Ranka while Ozma (or even Alto) around. :P

It took me a while to finally figure out why Sheryl was beating Alto up. Then I realized what it implied with Sheryl initially covered in that blanket and on Alto's bed. I can be so slow sometimes. >>;
OpMegs

I continue to wonder just what Sheryl's role's becoming here. Grace dumped her at the drop of a hat, Ranka's outperforming her as a singer...she seems to only be there as a rival for Ranka's affections and her continuing illness makes me uneasy about that.

That said, I'm hoping that Ozma ends up pulling a Gamlin, not a Roy Focker, but the possibility seems remote.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Sume Gai

OpMegs wrote:That said, I'm hoping that Ozma ends up pulling a Gamlin, not a Roy Focker, but the possibility seems remote.
I'll only accept that if we get something similar to the Gamlin KICK!
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Destiny_Gundam

OpMegs wrote:That said, I'm hoping that Ozma ends up pulling a Gamlin, not a Roy Focker, but the possibility seems remote.
Considering Katsuyuki Konishi's recent track record, it'll certainly be the latter.
NIGHTSHADOW99

Look at what Grace has down to poor Elmo, turning him into a alcholic, she will pay. RANKA-CHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've told you......to treat them delicately, as if they were a virgin or a feather!
Destiny_Gundam

Gai Daigoji wrote:hmmm strange.....stupid crappy veoh quality, coulda sworn that was her hair....
It is her. Note the delicious flat chest.