The Official Macross Frontier Thread Track II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Gadget

MrMarch wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:AIMO is a literal brainwash song...once u heard it, u can't shake it off ur head....
Glad to see another fan. I know exactly how you feel :)
ARRRGGHHH :!: We have 2 Vajra in our forum :twisted:

I find it hard to lable Grace as a 'baddie' as we are still not sure of her motive. It's hard to believe that someone that once work with Dr Mao could turn out this way. Grace wants control. But the way she's doing it is by making use of people, like Leon and Shyerl. She dump Shyerl and latch on to Ranka. So Leon could be dump when his 'usefulness' has been use up.

Leon is more clear cut. He got into Prersident 'Grandpa' Glass by getting close to Cathy.

And not to make the series with too many side plots, I hope the family issues with Alto be settle ASAP. Now we know the death of his mother got something to do with him leaving his home. And it could be his mother introduce him the love of flying. i I don't think it's the hursh training from his grandfather that makes him leave the theater. Afterall, he could do laps with a powered down EX-Gear.

But I cannot help feeling a bit weird that Sherly have a 'mother figure' image to Alto. So Alto likes Sherly because she reminds him of his mother? :wink:
Chris
Administrator

Gadget wrote:I find it hard to lable Grace as a 'baddie' as we are still not sure of her motive. It's hard to believe that someone that once work with Dr Mao could turn out this way. Grace wants control. But the way she's doing it is by making use of people, like Leon and Shyerl. She dump Shyerl and latch on to Ranka. So Leon could be dump when his 'usefulness' has been use up.

Leon is more clear cut. He got into Prersident 'Grandpa' Glass by getting close to Cathy.
Whatever her motive is, she used the dimension eater to destroy Gallia 4 and kill all those Zentradi. That alone makes her a "baddie" regardless of anything else.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Marcis

Another possibility is that Grace might've fed info about Leon to Cathy and Ozma. She used him and now she can throw him away.
Applying for job at Anaheim
Mythgarr

MrMarch wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:AIMO is a literal brainwash song...once u heard it, u can't shake it off ur head....
SING ALONG, YOU LOW LIVES, SING ALONG!

aimo aimo netelusche
noina miria entel ploute a
futo mi
koko wa attakana umi da yo

lulei lulei a
sora o mau hibari wa namida
lulei lulei a
omae wa yasashii midori no ko

aimo aimo netelusche
noina miria entel ploute a
futo mi
koko wa attakana umi da yo

note: don't blame me on the lyrics, blame google >:)
Visit The Dreams
reeoyuy

Some parts of the lyrics aren't japanese, right? What language is that? Zentraedi? :?
Destiny_Gundam

Aegis wrote:The show even has a new holiday named after the song. ;p

Doesn't help that there's multiple versions either, including Maaya and May'n adding their own voices to the song. >> And Maaya's version makes me swoon. >>;
Wait, when did Sakamoto sing Aimo? I know Sheyrl sang the first two words for an eye catch...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
MrMarch

Gadget wrote:
MrMarch wrote:
ARRRGGHHH :!: We have 2 Vajra in our forum :twisted:
I'm definitely the cute one :)
Chris wrote:Whatever her motive is, she used the dimension eater to destroy Gallia 4 and kill all those Zentradi. That alone makes her a "baddie" regardless of anything else.
I agree. Grace also had every intention of murdering Sheryl, Mikhail and Alto with that bomb. That she only managed to kills all the Zentradi and destroy Gallia 4 is certainly no consolation.

Mythgarr
I actually have yet to read through the AIMO lyrics in english. I should do that soon.
Aegis

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Aegis wrote:The show even has a new holiday named after the song. ;p

Doesn't help that there's multiple versions either, including Maaya and May'n adding their own voices to the song. >> And Maaya's version makes me swoon. >>;
Wait, when did Sakamoto sing Aimo? I know Sheyrl sang the first two words for an eye catch...
Episode 14, aka. the 'Ranshe Mei' version. Maaya provided the singing voice during the scene with Ranka and her 'mother'.
manwiththemachinegun

WHO'S GONNA TOSS THAT SALAD!? :lol:
Nagato21

Dude unless you prove to me this pics are fake I am gonna curse you for life and toss you at the end of a reaction missile stuck inside a Vajra's belly! :evil:
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
yazi88

Nagato21 wrote:
Dude unless you prove to me this pics are fake I am gonna curse you for life and toss you at the end of a reaction missile stuck inside a Vajra's belly! :evil:
Just saw the RAW, the pics are genuinely true, unforunately.
Windknight

damn... and it looked like glass senior had escaped the assassins bullet too.

I wish I knew what grace had been saying to leon and brera. Neither of them were particularly happy by the looks of it. I'm interested in the restraints she used on brera - codes wired into the cybernetics?

So, are Cathy and Ozma now fugitives?
Take flight, and strike from the heavens
Darksider

Klan looks mad at the end of the next episodes preview.

I'd feel sorry for the vajira if they weren't a bunch of murderous bugs.

I say nuke 'em all!
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Now THAT is how you die, kids. You get your girl, eat your pineapple salad, kill bad guys, and die telling your girl you love her again. Frakking WIN.

Although I'm a little surprised that after all the bellyaching people have done in anticipation of this, there's actually very little, if any, complaining about Mikhail kissing loli-form Klan. I figured at least a few people would get some whining through the cracks....

But then, they're probably too focused on ranting with their Ranka-hating. >.> So it's fine for Lelouch to wipe out a facility of unarmed people, regardless of guilt or innocence (or rather, without care), out of simple rage and vengeance , and Ranka gets to "Burn in Hell" for accidentally, inadvertently setting the Vajra on a rampage.

The mindless masses continue to impress, or rather, disgust, me.

Not that I'm pointing any fingers at people here mind you. There's just so much ridiculous "BURN IN HELL, RANKA!!!" hate going on out there.... *sigh*

Heck, even the Nanase and Luca haters are trying to get it on and saying that said two characters should have died horrible deaths instead of Mikhail. My god. At least there aren't many of those though.

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Macro ... w%2002.jpg
And if this screenshot from the next episode preview is any indication (which it certainly appears to be), then the Ranka haters will be burning in Hellfire rage for weeks to come.....

And of course, there's all the MikhailxKlan fanboys with their threats of beating the crap out of Kawamori and their general hate of said director. Yet this will only help Mikhail be remembered all the more.

Anyways, R.I.P. Mikhail. You died a hero, and your name will be forever engraved on the wall of "Guys who Died in the Best Way to Go." Hats off to you, Sniper Man.

On a bit of a side note though, I'm wondering how the heck Battle Frontier is going to see any action. With the assassination of the President, I would expect the political standpoint to go straight to hell, thus making any official use of Battle Frontier a practical impossibility for some time.
EZero8

Christ... snipers don't seem to last too long in mecha anime nowadays eh? Nonetheless, Mikhail's sendoff was absolutely amazing and rivals... no, surpasses Lockon's badassness during his final moments. Mikhail died in the best way possible with perfect closure to his character in my opinion. I might be bummed that one of my favorite characters in Frontier is now gone, but I'm not disappointed with the execution in any way. R.I.P., Sniper.

Hats off to Kawamori for once again breaking Macross character cliches to effectively write up these "HOLY SHI--" moments.

And now, it appears that Frontier's headed way into a dark turn. I haven't seen more gore and blood in one episode for a long time. With the series apparently drawing to a close in about five episodes, things are heating up. :)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Destiny_Gundam

Sorry, have to get this out of my system...

KE KE KE VAJRA RUSH

So I guess the diamond crevasse was in Mikhael's chest.

*Cough* Ok, now I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, but I'm kinda glad Mikhael is dead, if only because I've had enough of Mikhael/Klan being shoved down my throat. I swear that pairing feels more forced than Reinas/J. Doesn't help that Klan can't decide on what character type she wants to be... I mean it's just her body that's changed. I don't see why her mind would.

Well, atleast we won't have people going "Mikhael will come back!"

I was more sad to see Howard go. He really impressed me in the last few episodes, what with remembering their true mission to colonize worlds, and then putting Ranka's safety as a priority, rather than just use her as a tool.
Oruma

I have yet to watch the episode and can hardly wait :P

If the characters are genre savvy enough, they'd have known that confessing their love for others are often as good as death sentences :lol:
Now poor Mikhail is paying for it :evil:

So Lockon and Mikhail are dead, are there any other sniper-type characters dead in recent shows? :roll:

If Leon manages to seize power, I'd be rooting for him to attack the SMS, and thus, Battle Frontier vs Quarter!! :twisted: come on leon we know you can do it! :lol:
Darksider wrote:I'd feel sorry for the vajira if they weren't a bunch of murderous bugs.
I say nuke 'em all!
You may want some MDE missiles instead...here, have some :twisted:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Zeonic Glory

Oruma wrote: So Lockon and Mikhail are dead, are there any other sniper-type characters dead in recent shows? :roll:
Well, Kurz (from what I've heard, have yet to read it) died in the latest FMP novel.

Which makes 2008 the year of the dead sniper.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Destiny_Gundam

Zeonic Glory wrote:Which makes 2008 the year of the dead sniper.
Yet one man reigns supreme!

Well, two, but the second one doesn't involve mecha.

Come to think of it, Mikhael's character arc is incomplete. He never did learn the truth of what happened with the whole friendly fire thing. Though I guess it's not important enough of a plot thread, so it doesn't matter if it's left dangling.