The Official Macross Frontier Thread Track II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

Lans

Post by Lans » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:42 am

Gadget wrote:
MrMarch wrote:Still, I don't think the English in Macross Frontier is all that telling to be honest.
Concert promotion posters and computer system are english. VF-25 boot up system is in english. 'SMS' symbol are in english too.
Still, story-wise they didn't tell us more. Even with a bit english here and there, we didn't know more about the storyline than our Japanese counterpart.

Kavik Ryx

Post by Kavik Ryx » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:33 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up before, common knowledge, or me being crazy, but is their something in Macross about singing affecting fold signatures?

azrael

Post by azrael » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Kavik Ryx wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up before, common knowledge, or me being crazy, but is their something in Macross about singing affecting fold signatures?
Singing is a key to many things the Macross-universe. It won't be Macross if singing wasn't involved. What effect singing has varies from series to series.

Kavik Ryx

Post by Kavik Ryx » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm

azrael wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up before, common knowledge, or me being crazy, but is their something in Macross about singing affecting fold signatures?
Singing is a key to many things the Macross-universe. It won't be Macross if singing wasn't involved. What effect singing has varies from series to series.
So it's a possibility. Though I do remember someone, I think Leon talking about fold waves when Ranka was singing.

On a separate note, is it just me, or do I smell a pineapple salad?

Lans

Post by Lans » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:02 pm

Fold signature probably. Leon said something about "there's a fold signature trace coming out from Ranka's singing" or something like that.

Mythgarr

Post by Mythgarr » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:33 am

Ranka Attack Aimo is 'meh',
Ranka doesn't sing it like a March song,
and the accompanying music is just.....off-synch...

Get back on your feet, Sheryl! You're the Galactic Fairy!
Visit The Dreams

Kavik Ryx

Post by Kavik Ryx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:11 pm

Mythgarr wrote:Ranka Attack Aimo is 'meh',
Ranka doesn't sing it like a March song,
and the accompanying music is just.....off-synch...

Get back on your feet, Sheryl! You're the Galactic Fairy!
I think that was the point. Ranka wasn't really feeling it when she was singing Aimo that time, so it made sense that it would sound forced.

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:49 pm

I think she really want to sing well to end the war. I do think Grace did put up a lot of pressure for her to do the recording. (Which is a form of test). But it was Brera that convince Ranka to sing for Operation Ranka Attack. And it was sucessful.

The problem was when she see the devastation of war first hand. And she got frighten and the effects were off. I think Grace did say she needs more 'training'.

Considering that she was almost step on by Vajra (Episode 1), saw a human squeezed to death Evengelion style, got kidnapped, fold to Frontier, place in an egg pulled out fighters, almost kissed (?) by the Vajra queen. No wonder she is frighten. Any person with brains would have sent her for psychiatric help, not some blood test.

Out of context note. Using song, crystal and warp travel was explored years ago by Ann Mcaffery in "The Crystal Singer". The sound harmonics will trigger crystal harmonics, which may open warp door that is in resonance with the crystal vibration frequency.

Mythgarr

Post by Mythgarr » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Gadget wrote:Using song, crystal and warp travel was explored years ago by Ann Mcaffery in "The Crystal Singer". The sound harmonics will trigger crystal harmonics, which may open warp door that is in resonance with the crystal vibration frequency.
...wow....n to think that Brera plays Harmonica....
Visit The Dreams

ned_2007

Post by ned_2007 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:53 pm

it looks like that the Frontier government are going to put all their bets on Ranka. kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket.

it would be wise to stockpile more Reflex weapons and build more VFs as a backup.

Kavik Ryx

Post by Kavik Ryx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 pm

ned_2007 wrote:it looks like that the Frontier government are going to put all their bets on Ranka. kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket.

it would be wise to stockpile more Reflex weapons and build more VFs as a backup.
Well they were probably were going to rely on Sheryl, but that fell through the roof. Also, Ranka knows the song.

As for reaction weapons, while powerful, this is the Bug War pretty much. You kill one and a thousand hatch battle ready. This is a strategy to get the upper hand. That, or some scheming by Grace and Braea.

vipergb34

Post by vipergb34 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 pm

OMG [size=0]Ozma Lee pulls a folker and lives[/size]

Kavik Ryx

Post by Kavik Ryx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:35 pm

vipergb34 wrote:OMG [size=0]Ozma Lee pulls a folker and lives[/size]
Yes, OMG what? You smell pineapple salad too? Leon and/or Grace creeping you out? I can't believe Ranka can do that? Best train set ever? Please be more specific.

Destiny_Gundam

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 pm

Kavik Ryx wrote:
vipergb34 wrote:OMG [size=0]Ozma Lee pulls a folker and lives[/size]
Yes, OMG what? You smell pineapple salad too? Leon and/or Grace creeping you out? I can't believe Ranka can do that? Best train set ever? Please be more specific.
Um... read the tiny text. He was quite specific.

Ah Kawamori. You delightful troll you.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

quasadra

Post by quasadra » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:05 am

the Varja are really, really nasty. somewhat reminds me of the Borg. and Ozma just refuse to go down. now thats one tough guy 8) .
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC

Lans

Post by Lans » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:02 am

I wonder what happened to the guy in MrMarch's avatar. I don't think he was vaporized along with half of Gallia 4. But yeah, it's just my hope.

Windknight

Post by Windknight » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 am

Yikes... looks like the Vajra upgraded with their own discardable and/or reinforced armour. Also, was this force pretty much all Red types? I don;t think I saw any yellow ones.

Definitely a few homages to pineapple salad here... specifically the tech checking out ozma's valk and being shocked, not to mention the 'pine cakes'.

Curse my lack of Japanese for the other plot points, though it does seem Ozma likes his firebomber a lot.

One final thought.. Is Kawamori aware of robotech to any degree? for some reason I can't help thinking of this eps title as a homage to the robotech title for pineapple salad (Bye Bye Big Brother)
Take flight, and strike from the heavens

MrMarch

Post by MrMarch » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm

lans* wrote:I wonder what happened to the guy in MrMarch's avatar. I don't think he was vaporized along with half of Gallia 4. But yeah, it's just my hope.
Major Ogotai? Doubt he's alive. We didn't see him scream "deculture" as he sucked screaming into the void like his advisor, but I think it's very likely he's just as dead :)

Marcis

Post by Marcis » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Kawamori does it again.
And yes, Ozma is HUGE FireBomber fan, he was listening to "My Soul For You", one of the best FB songs IMHO.
Applying for job at Anaheim

RedBlitz

Post by RedBlitz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:50 pm

ATA BOY!!!! Ozma is a freaking beast, give this guy a medal or something!! Very good episode!!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei