The Official Macross Frontier Thread Track II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

Destiny_Gundam

The Official Macross Frontier Thread Track II

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Mon May 26, 2008 5:57 pm

New thread time. 'Track II' to keep with the music theme.
MrMarch wrote:http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... mation.jpg

The second wingman could have lost the gun pod in battle or been outfitted with the much smaller standard gun pod. Or perhaps the VF-27 doesn't use a gun pod in standard configuration and thus Brera Stern's fighter and the other green fighter are the exceptions. The big grey gun pods on the VF-27s appear very similar to the sniper gun pod on Mikhail's VF-25G Messiah so those big guns could be specialized weapons in the same category.

I must say Sheyrl has quickly become my favourite Macross singer, with Ranka in close second. Following them I suppose would be Fire Bomber, Sharon, and Minmei (in that order).
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

MrMarch

Post by MrMarch » Mon May 26, 2008 7:05 pm

I really love that tune Ranka sings; the one backed by the piano. I don't know the name of it, but she sings it at the Monument during her meeting with Alto in episode 3 and with Brera in episode 8. It's a strange lilting melody. I just can't get enough of it. I need this soundtrack :)

Destiny_Gundam

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Mon May 26, 2008 7:14 pm

MrMarch wrote:I really love that tune Ranka sings; the one backed by the piano. I don't know the name of it, but she sings it at the Monument during her meeting with Alto in episode 3 and with Brera in episode 8. It's a strange lilting melody. I just can't get enough of it. I need this soundtrack :)
Song is called Aimo. I do believe it'll be on the first OST (whose release date I don't know). What I'm waiting for is the duet from ep 7 though. Diamond Crevasse is currently my favourite.

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Mon May 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Is it a bad thing to like the, uh... carrot song, too? o.O

Destiny_Gundam

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Mon May 26, 2008 8:34 pm

Aegis wrote:Is it a bad thing to like the, uh... carrot song, too? o.O
Why not? Seven coloured carrots love you after all.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Ranka is also still working at Nyan Nyan~

Sume Gai

Post by Sume Gai » Mon May 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Aegis wrote:Is it a bad thing to like the, uh... carrot song, too? o.O
yes.

some one bring me a pitchfork and a torch; we've got some lynching to do.

MrMarch

Post by MrMarch » Mon May 26, 2008 8:43 pm

Thanks Destiny_Gundam. I'm going to pick up that first OST. Where do you buy your soundtracks, btw? I usually buy from Amazon.jp.

There's definitely nothing wrong with liking the carrot song. I've got hooked on more than a few commercial company jingles in my life. I think everyone has :)

Destiny_Gundam

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Mon May 26, 2008 9:03 pm

MrMarch wrote:Thanks Destiny_Gundam. I'm going to pick up that first OST. Where do you buy your soundtracks, btw? I usually buy from Amazon.jp.
.... This is the only answer I can give to that question...

So, Nanase. I wonder who she actually likes. She falls for Michael's flattery, Sheyrl accuses her of liking Alto, and she seem just a little too happy around Ranka.

Any way you slice it, Mr short pants is out of luck.

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Mon May 26, 2008 10:35 pm

And I thought the Nyan Nyan commercial was addictive, but Nyan Nyan doesn't love me (yeah!). -_-

Can't... stop... listening...

RedBlitz

Post by RedBlitz » Mon May 26, 2008 10:46 pm

I love that song Sheryl sings in episode 7, that one where Alto goes to save Luca, that's a pure badass scene right there.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei

quasadra

Post by quasadra » Mon May 26, 2008 11:17 pm

i believe the song mention is called Infinity. but it is a bit generic compare to the other tracks. my favorite is Iteza Gogo Kuji Dont Be Late.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC

MrMarch

Post by MrMarch » Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 am

Destiny_Gundam wrote:.... This is the only answer I can give to that question...
I guess I had that coming. Well, Macross is special to me (as if no one could tell, lol) so I actually do that weird "buying" thing with the Macross merchandise :)

I think people are beginning read too much into the characters fondness for each other. I mean, Bobby is already gay and I've now heard theories that Luca, Nanase and Ozuma (I kid you not) are gay as well. It's getting silly. It's becoming a lot like a discussion of male celebrities with the fellas down at the local pub; they're convinced every famous male is gay :)

Destiny_Gundam

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Tue May 27, 2008 7:29 am

MrMarch wrote:I think people are beginning read too much into the characters fondness for each other. I mean, Bobby is already gay and I've now heard theories that Luca, Nanase and Ozuma (I kid you not) are gay as well. It's getting silly. It's becoming a lot like a discussion of male celebrities with the fellas down at the local pub; they're convinced every famous male is gay :)
Because it's the only way we can delude ourselves into thinking the famous guys won't steal our women.

Luca is clearly not gay, as he totally has a thing for Nanase. He's just a little over affectionate with his machines.

Nanase looked just a little too happy when Ranka said they'd be together everyday (at school). She was all dere dere and everything. While it's not conclusive or anything, it still opens some doubt.

I don't know why anyone would think Ozma was gay. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on their part cuz he's so awesome?

Windknight

Post by Windknight » Tue May 27, 2008 8:40 am

Sorry for keeping going back to ep 7, but one cool little moment (that I keep meaning to bring up, but forgetting) was alto discarding the Super parts to take the missile swarm aimed at him. Has anyone else done something like this?
Take flight, and strike from the heavens

valkyriepilot

Post by valkyriepilot » Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Windknight wrote:Sorry for keeping going back to ep 7, but one cool little moment (that I keep meaning to bring up, but forgetting) was alto discarding the Super parts to take the missile swarm aimed at him. Has anyone else done something like this?
yep, i remember in macross plus, isamu did something similar like this once in a boostered VF-11, he had to jettison the booster pack in order to make them the "new" target of a swarm of dummy missiles during a practice run of the YF-21 ;)

T.V.

Post by T.V. » Tue May 27, 2008 12:44 pm

And there's ofcourse the scene in MacZero where Shin jettisons his weapons and fastpacks to avert being targeted by Aiphos (sp?).
Not entirely the same, but I was reminded of it none the less.

Gai Daigoji

Post by Gai Daigoji » Tue May 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Luca is clearly not gay, as he totally has a thing for Nanase. He's just a little over affectionate with his machines.

Maybe they think hes gay because he kinda looks like Honey from Ouran high school host
Lets Gekiga-in!

Destiny_Gundam

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Tue May 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Gai Daigoji wrote:Maybe they think hes gay because he kinda looks like Honey from Ouran high school host
I don't recall Honey ever being canonically gay.

Anywho, yeah, Luca is pretty huggy with Alto, but damn it there's nothing wrong with men being huggy!

At any rate, we all know everyone is hoping for the Ranka/Sheyrl end.

Chango

Post by Chango » Wed May 28, 2008 11:27 am

So my rhetorical question is this... How many VF25s will Alto destroy before the end of the series?

yazi88

Post by yazi88 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 am

Chango wrote:So my rhetorical question is this... How many VF25s will Alto destroy before the end of the series?
Hikaru from the original series got his VF-1J trashed twice before getting Roy's VF-1S so Alto can probably do it at least one more time.