need to get this off my chest

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
andyx181x

need to get this off my chest

ok i assume most of you guys are decently intelligent and defiantly not fan boys, i don't want to start this as a debate but being a big gundam fan in general i'm starting to hate youtube. it's seem's impossible to watch any gundam footage of a series, game, or music video without someone having to argue who would win in a fight. me myself i always try to view things perfectly neutral or balanced, but seriously what is up with all the UC guys automatically declaring any newtype pilot (armuro, kamillie, judah) is a instant victor? is it so much to ask to get along that sure you may not like the other series of gundam, but can you look at the series without comparison and just enjoy it or not? i love all of them, but it gets my blood boiling with this really era vs. era scenarios. i often try to see the well balance of either combination in a fight, but cmon instead of arguing who win in a fight how about how great of a team up it be? sigh seriously it gets to the point of star trek fans arguing the original vs the 90s continuation
Antares

We used to have some of that here, albeit arguably on a bit more civilized terms, but then the Colosseum got vaped. Seemed like a shame at first, but I haven't missed it that much in the long run.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Vent Noir

Yeah, I feel the same way... one of the things that annoys me about Gundam fandom is the amount of petty feuding and one-upmanship that goes on between fans of the different shows. It's almost as if some fans feel threatened by people liking another continuity and feel the need to try and shoot it down - which, in turn, means certain of that continuity's fans feel the need to defend their show by taking shots at the others, and the whole thing just degenerates.

Personally, I'm no fan of 00 overall (although there were some parts I liked), but I do try and avoid making snarky cheap shots at the show or its fans.

And yeah, I'm finding I enjoy thinking about team-ups more than versus scenarios. I've got some fun images in my head now of Amuro and Kira kicking arse together, and the Wing Boys (Endless Waltz-era Preventers) teaming up with Celestial Being.
Skippy438

As far as UC vs Wing stuff, it all goes back to the need for anime fans to throw their weight around as to how much they "know" about various anime. Since Gundam Wing was so popular here in the states, it's the series that took the least effort to watch and get information on. Therefore there's an attitude that Wing fans are somehow less "cool" because they (presumably) haven't made the effort to watch any other series.
andyx181x

wow its really good to know you guys got class and are able to maturely see it that way, gosh i had one guy hounding me on youtube that i had to block him of who would win between heero and armuro. me in general i love each series cause i look at them individually and see what makes them unique, one thing is correcting a person and another is trying to shove it down other peoples throats of whats the best.
Phoenix012

Yeah, this site is usually pretty quick to shut down arguments before they start, and everyone here is grateful.

I also happen to hang out on the gamefaqs anime boards a lot, and there are far less moderators to go around there and rather lax rules in general. You should see some of the arguments that go on there, it's pretty epic. I think the Feds. vs. Zeon thread that started a couple months or so ago is on it's third iteration (topics close after 500 posts). I'm looking forward to seeing how far the "Shinn is so awesome" thread goes as well. People actually deliberately start flame wars there, it's kinda sad.

Anyways, don't let them bother you. There are a lot of fanboys out there on the internet. The best thing to do is ignore them.
Kavik Ryx

I wouldn't exactly say that this site has a no fanboy policy in place, though it is pretty much de facto here. I still don't know how I passed 600 posts here, considering that I feel that I'll look like some jerk for posting lolz and omfg great episode or ***** needs to die. Also, life gets a lot easier once you start ignoring fanboys.

I bet money that everyone here is head over heals for one series and in utter distaste for another, but it is easier to take those opinions seriously when they are not being spewed out as spam every 15 seconds on the dot.
auriga

I bet money that everyone here is head over heals for one series and in utter distaste for another, but it is easier to take those opinions seriously when they are not being spewed out as spam every 15 seconds on the dot.
Amen. Amen to that.

I think that's another factor we have to take into consideration. People may not exactly loathe a particular series, but they may feel very differently about the fans of that series. Sad, yes, but you can't really blame them when they blow their tops off whenever they see "ZOMG [insert character name here] IS TEH PWNZORS!!!"
Areku

I'm in total agreement here, but is it really necessary to start a thread on this when Mecha Talk already has no-versus rules in place? It just seems kinda redundant to me.
Gadget

It's just his opinion. And I respect that.
People actually deliberately start flame wars there, it's kinda sad.
A local flame war that got so bad that the victim make a police report. I thought that was 1. funny. 2. the mods were @$$****s.

I do miss the vs thread. Where we put logical arguments to an illogical situations. But it sometimes that it got out of hand, like Armuro will beat anyone, even with a swiss army knife and duct tape. In the end, the emotion takes over the mind.
ShadowCell

Moral of the story? Fans have an infinite capacity for stupidity.

No need for this thread here, really, so it dies.