The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 12

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dynames

Just watched episode 25 and i will WOW great episode the O gundam is Awesome and so does what i saw of the oo gundam. plus i feel a masked man coming along
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Laevatein

Arsarcana wrote: Makes you wonder why they're keeping a frame that's at least twenty years old by now if they're not even sure its drive works and the rest of the design is hopelessly outdated.
Why not? Real world militaries don't always scrap their hardware once they're retired - many of them keep them in storage areas or hangars until they have need of them again like as surplus equipment to be sold off or rigged for a fiery death as remote controlled drones or whatever else they have in mind.

It'd be such a waste if you simply scrap the O Gundam simply because it's outdated, considering the resources CB would've put into developing and creating it decades ago. Besides, there's such a thing as historical and sentimental value :lol:
Ascension

I apologize for the unclear pronoun reference, but I didn't mean in my last post that I hope Sergei retired (he obviously hasn't, and I wouldn't have wanted him to anyway), what I meant was that I hope Allelujah has peacefully retired. I said that if solo Al can repeat the feats that joined Al accomplished in 25, it'll be pretty to watch him fight if he sticks around, but I really wish he wouldn't. His homicidal half is "dead," he's injured, he almost killed someone he apparently loves/loved in his last battle... He has little to no reason to come back and fight again, especially since if he's in a new MS and Soma's in a new (and unmarked) MS they might fight each other without even knowing that they were fighting (unlikely in Gundam, but not inconceivable, especially since he should be unwilling to fight her now otherwise, and they almost have to come to blows for dramatic purposes).

As for Tieria, while he is most likely enhanced in some way or another, I think he's at least partly human. He's too vulnerable and insecure to be fully machine. Machines don't have abandonment issues.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
SolidSpidr

This is going to be one long 6 month time frame. The epilogue is one hell of a teaser, hinting at sooooooo much but not giving to much away. Well I guess we can just suck it up and try and wait watching Code Geass.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Heretic

So, our first glimpse of the 00, I eagerly await the second season.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Recon 5

Since 'Hal' was apparently a coping mechanism he developed to take the guilt of genocide off his conscience, the writers could simply play the 'death' as some complex (Al's subconscious must have been pretty weird already for him to develop such a detailed alter ego) way of realizing "Hey, I'm a MS pilot. Killing is what I do". Hal wasn't a better or worse pilot than Al. He was just Al's attempt to absolve himself of a responsibility he couldn't take.

Now that he's lost that facade, however, its 50/50 whether he decides to give up his murderous career or continue in spite of himself.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Skippy438

Just finished episode 25, and ... wow! Thank Jeebus BSG comes back on Friday. One question for all assembled, who is Regene? This name seems to come from nowhere (at least that I can tell) and suddenly this is who the person who looks like Tieria is? And they speak? Did I miss something?
flabortast00

Couldn't Regene be a reformmated Tieria? I mean it still technically not be Tieria but the same body...
Phantomexe87

It's always possible that Tierra just has a sister. Since we don't know anything about his backstory or family (assuming he has one).
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't know, how much do you want to bet that now that Al knows who Soma is, he's gonna go on some damn fool idealistic crusade to save her? If he knows her by the name Marie, I think it's safe to say that Soma isn't her original name and that more is yet to be revealed about Al, Soma and the super humans.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

It's always possible that the genetic material of this 'Marie' was used to make Soma. So Al could have recognised her, but it's not really her, ya know?

And let's clarify this whole Regene business.

Some Regene person was listed in the credits as being voiced by Rom Paku (Hitsugaya in Bleach, Teresa in Claymore, Chloe and Kurt Klick in Sousei no Aquarion). Rom Paku has a very distinct voice, so one can easily tell when it's her. The Tieria look a like with Louise in the elevator gives us a short "heh", which is easily recognisable as Rom Paku. And since we didn't hear Rom Paku voice anyone else in the episode, the person with Louise must be this Regene person.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
ShadowCell

Also, Tieria is voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya, so I don't get why they'd change the voice actor if the character is still the same.
Attomoku

Something that could be a posibility is that Regene is just a place holder name for this look alike and "it" (Im calling it an "it" because it seems to be gender neutral) has another "real" name that will be revealed some time in the second season. because who would have a name that is something short for REcycled GENEtics.

EDIT: There, I took out the mindless speculation, happy shadowcell?
Last edited by Attomoku on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
ShadowCell

Wow, now you're going into fresh-from-the-rectum speculation. No searching your colon for things to talk about, guys.
Dess

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And let's clarify this whole Regene business.

Some Regene person was listed in the credits as being voiced by Rom Paku (Hitsugaya in Bleach, Teresa in Claymore, Chloe and Kurt Klick in Sousei no Aquarion). Rom Paku has a very distinct voice, so one can easily tell when it's her. The Tieria look a like with Louise in the elevator gives us a short "heh", which is easily recognisable as Rom Paku. And since we didn't hear Rom Paku voice anyone else in the episode, the person with Louise must be this Regene person.
I can't confirm it but apparently someone watched the Japanese version of 25 with close captioning on and that line is listed as

Regene-"heh"

Of corse this is all third hand so I have no idea if its true. Maybe one of you will have better luck confirming it.
Cristian

This whole Regene issue makes me wonder, why some consider it so important, if season 2 hasn't even started... In my opinion, it's a little useless to speculate so much if no info has been given about the Regene character yet.
Lockon! Lockon!
lobster

I'm hugely satisfied with season 1. Though it's short, it serves more entertainment than a full season of anime. Good job Mizushima and keep it up.

Some thoughts on some of the characters:

Although Sergei is my favourite char in the series, since he and Soma found their "true love" I expect them to both die in S2...

The moment Sergei and Soma embraced each other, I thought "Oh shit their MS is gonna explode" or maybe Hal/Al would ram into them. But in the end Mizushima has other thoughts 8)

I'm upset that Ali survived, but I think he should be heavily maimed by that explosion, otherwise in the end they should show his whole body instead of the chin and the right arm.

I wish Lockon won't be back... he's likeable but his come back is going to ruin the whole 00 franchise. But is it a crime against humanity to kill such a sexy character as Lockon in a vain attempt to kill an axxh0le like Ali?
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Indicible

since he and Soma found their "true love"
I was more thinking along the lines of kindred spirits rather than strictly love.
The difference in age is rather big.

Ali needs to have his whole body to allow for a maximum amount of pain at the moment of his death at the hands of Setsuna (or Tieria).
Wild speculation: Ali will in fact get killed by the fall of Patrick's suit, yet again defeated by a Gundam, à la Yuna.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Recon 5

It would be very interesting for Ali to meet his end by being distracted during battle by a specter of Lockon. Can anyone say karma?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Neo_Senku

Recon 5 wrote:It would be very interesting for Ali to meet his end by being distracted during battle by a specter of Lockon. Can anyone say karma?
only thing is i dont think those two ever saw what the other looked like.