The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 12

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RedBlitz

Setsuna is most definetly alive, with Ali and Graham still out there he has to be. Untill things are settled with both of them. And who else but him could truly become a "Gundam" and pilot the 00 Gundam?

Tiera might be dead.... but even then I doubt it. Im pretty sure he just fainted or since he's probaly an android he temporarily "shut down" to save his life or something.

Allelujah is still alive that's for sure. Just blind in one eye... I wonder if he can still be an effective Meister though... I cant see him pulling a Lock right at the start of the season.

As for Lockon.... why do I get a feeling this guy is coming back as an ennemy? He should be dead.... it was badass!! But I get this feeling they'll bring him back in a cliche kinda way.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
aberrance

RedBlitz wrote: As for Lockon.... why do I get a feeling this guy is coming back as an ennemy? He should be dead.... it was badass!! But I get this feeling they'll bring him back in a cliche kinda way.
Lockon is being used as Maes Hughes (sp?) was in Fullmetal Alchemist. He still has an important role, but it's through flashbacks and martyrdom.

On a separate topic, does anyone else get the feeling that the 0 Gundam was destroyed in some kind of battle that will be introduced to us as a major plottwist? As for the 00 Gundam, I really think that it's just upgraded Exia...Ian turns to it after questioning whether Exia's GN drive will still work. The only missing link I see is that the 0 Gundam wasn't upgraded, as far as we know.

Gundam Exia -> severely damaged -> rebuilt as 00 with uncertainty about its GN drive

0 Gundam -> severely damaged? -> restored with uncertaintly as to whether or not its GN Drive would work

My shot in the dark - Tiera was chosen over Livonze to carry the Trial System - Nadleeh offed the 0 Gundam.
VentZX

RedBlitz wrote:Setsuna is most definetly alive, with Ali and Graham still out there he has to be. Untill things are settled with both of them. And who else but him could truly become a "Gundam" and pilot the 00 Gundam?
I agree with this. There's no way he can be dead. Not yet.
Allelujah is still alive that's for sure. Just blind in one eye... I wonder if he can still be an effective Meister though... I cant see him pulling a Lock right at the start of the season.
Heh, it's not like he isn't already used to fighting with one eye. :lol: yes, that was in fact a haircut joke. Anyway, I'm positive Allelujah is still alive. That connection with Soma was made and the director and writers have to do something about it.
As for Lockon.... why do I get a feeling this guy is coming back as an enemy? He should be dead.... it was badass!! But I get this feeling they'll bring him back in a cliche kinda way.

All I have to say to this is stop being paranoid. Really, there's been nothing to hint that he'd come back. Neil Dylandy is gone. Will Lockon's twin be running around as Lockon 2 in the next season? Who knows, but crazy speculation isn't going to make the wait shorter.
Kenji

00 isn't SEED, Lockon will stay dead, minus flashbacks. Besides, why do you think we have Lyle at all? So Miki Shinichirou still has a job in the second season! :P Now, as for Lyle's role... who knows? I sincerely doubt he's gonna jump into a sniper-type Gundam and just pick up where Lockon left off... that'd be... cheap.

I still don't quite understand why people believe that which looks like Tieria is Regene... I mean, isn't this being based on a credit? Granted, I don't recall hearing any "odd voices," but isn't this kinda jumping the gun?

I really liked the finale. The battles were all awesome and, while the Exia vs. GN Flag duel was short and seemed to come out of nowhere (even though it didn't, really), it's still the battle I'll rewatch the most frequently, due to its sheer awesomeness (not to mention the "Union" theme remix). The way that Exia carved up the Alvatore was incredible, and Kyrios's battle against the remaining GN-Xs was also incredibly cool.

Regarding the future, I'm already tortured by curiosity! The fact that Graham and Ali survived (and Patrick?), the formation of the Earth Federation... and the specific wording of "Renpou" to signify "Federation" in the sense of UC Gundam. Makes me wonder if there'll be an analogous "Zeon," and perhaps a redux of the Earth vs. Colonies war. Sure, that'd be retreading old ground, but it would also make the second season that "update" that SEED tried so hard to be... and failed.

I'm sure, though, that things will be different, but a lot of the first season has been Mizushima taking Gundam tropes and using them in his own unique way, with excellent results. If he does create an "AD Zeon via Celestial Being," I can't wait to see what it'd be like.

The teaser opened up so many questions... so now all I can do is wait for new mecha designs... :lol:
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Phantomexe87

While I wouldn't mind seeing a Zeon-like faction, it seems that this series has relatively few space colonies, so that might be hard, though not impossible. It's also worth noting that the name is not Earth Federation, but "Earth Sphere Federation", which is a lot more 'Colony friendly'. Reminds me of Wing's Earth Sphere Unified Nation.
VentZX

Kenji wrote:I still don't quite understand why people believe that which looks like Tieria is Regene... I mean, isn't this being based on a credit? Granted, I don't recall hearing any "odd voices," but isn't this kinda jumping the gun?
*sigh* If an actor was credited in an episode, it means they had a line in that episode. If it wasn't the person with Louise, then please, who do you suggest is this Regene character? And I implore you to listen to that "hmph" one more time. I distinctly sounds like Romi Paku, and very much not like Tieria.
Calubin_175

Androids versus Earth Government, now that is a new conflict in the Gundam franchise.

Where did the 00 Gundam screenshot come from, the videos I have don't show it. Is it only exclusive to channel TBS?

Maybe Regene is in Tieria's body, or Tieria reprogrammed himself, or undertook a sex change, thus retaining the Lockon heritage.
Camille Vidan

If he does create an "AD Zeon via Celestial Being," I can't wait to see what it'd be like.
I think it would be like cb as aeug. But I don't want to speculate, this series always surprised me.
Destiny_Gundam

Calubin_175 wrote:Where did the 00 Gundam screenshot come from, the videos I have don't show it. Is it only exclusive to channel TBS?
That screen shot floating around is from every version of that episode. You see inside the 00's hanger, only the entire thing is shadowed out. Some one just tossed the image into Photoshop and fiddled around with the brightness and contrast.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Windknight

Two things I'm still hanging over:

Sumeragi's background. What the 'incident' was in her past she's guilty over. its sounding like she made a tactical misjudgment that cost lives, but why does it weigh so heavy on her? (and I beleive tiera refers to it as a 'crime' or similar in one episode)

The Jupiter mission. What was it meant for? How and why was the ship destroyed? How exactly does it tie into CB, and its 'true' aims that Eifman realised? And what is locked in Bad Haro's missing memories? And just who were the recovery team that found him?

I can't wait for those answers.
Take flight, and strike from the heavens
Recon 5

Windknight wrote:its sounding like she made a tactical misjudgment that cost lives, but why does it weigh so heavy on her? (and I beleive tiera refers to it as a 'crime' or similar in one episode).
She probably tried to second- guess Veda, and ended up eliminating a bunch of completely innocent civilians.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Windknight

Recon 5 wrote:
Windknight wrote:its sounding like she made a tactical misjudgment that cost lives, but why does it weigh so heavy on her? (and I beleive tiera refers to it as a 'crime' or similar in one episode).
She probably tried to second- guess Veda, and ended up eliminating a bunch of completely innocent civilians.
I got the impression this happened before she joined Celestial Being. Aside from Lockon and Tiera's brief mention of it, the only people to appear to have knowledge of it were Eifman and Billy, hence I assume it had something to do with when she was part of the Union.
Take flight, and strike from the heavens
iguanaman8989

Recon 5 wrote:
It's something from before she joined CB. Billy, Graham and the professor all knew about it/were involved in it.

Ninja'd.
bertle

NeoStar9 wrote:Great episode. I have to comment on Graham as he was my favorite character out of the series but I might be bias in that it was good to have a decent character or set of characters that came from the US in Gundam after the recent treatment such characters go in SEED and SEED Destiny. However that's a discussion for another topic.

I did think the Graham vs. Setsuna fight was forced and rushed however I still enjoyed it anyway. Upon watching it again, due to people saying that Exia was suffering from the effects of Trans-Am (which it was), it wasn't like Graham's Flag was in any better situation. It was still a Gundam vs. Flag fight. The GN-Xs were built to be closer to the level of the Gundams. GN Drive or not that isn't the case with the Flag. The drive from what I could see only allowed the Flag to fly faster and power the stolen beam saber.

We saw before that when Graham by himself pushes the Flag beyond what it was designed for he suffered from the g-forces. The same happen in this fight I believe. He was coughing up blood again in this fight. His suit wasn't made any stronger as well remember. He had no long range weapons which to damage or even force the Exia back (Ali did, the GN-Xs did, and before Graham had his rifle which he didn't have this time). The only had the beam saber to do damage to the Exia and the Exia is a close combat suit (Setsuna is very good in close range and was still on a high after his fight.) that seemed to have no trouble cutting up the Flag.

The negative effects of the Trans-Am doesn't seem like it would even be an issue in this fight. Setsuna doesn't have to dodge a beam rifle being shot at him. Nor does he have to get away. Graham is getting right in Setsuna's face, he's the one that would be dodging. In the end I think as a result of this Graham was completely out matched being damaged by both himself due to his fighting style and by the Exia. It's amazing that he even managed to do what he did to the Exia with all that counting against him. I think when we look at the GN-Flag some are taking to mean that it's on par with the GN-X when I don't believe it is or was. It benefited from speed the drive would provide (which is also a negative since the Flag shouldn't be designed to handle that or the g-forces that would result) and the power that would be needed to power the beam saber and that's it I think. I don't recall it seeming to give any other benefit.

So I don't think it did a disservice to Graham at all nor Setsuna (he clearly proved himself in the two fights before).
The blood was after taking damage from Exia. Why does only Graham suffer from g-force, he was doing nothing special at the time and I don't think GN drive equipped suits suffer from G-force, think about TRANS-AM.

I think Setsuna was at a disadvantage because of trans-am AND battle fatigue but i'll settle for them being at the same level. I won't go any lower than that because this was a sabre fight so any extra movement the Exia could have done was not an issue. Why does it matter what the Flag's GN drive was doing when the entire battle was a sabre lock, a break away, and then a charge? Graham screwed up. He only managed a draw and tried to kill someone who really didn't deserve it, someone who had just saved the world from a madman. And for what? His own twisted views. He even admitted he'd become twisted but you still worship him.

It is amusing watching his fans come up with reasons why Setsuna took him down. After all you wanted him to rip Setsuna apart. Instead it was a draw and now you're all trying to claim that's amazing because Graham was at such a disadvantage! I seriously hope he's still twisted in the second series and that Setsuna, a more mature and experienced Setsuna, will take him out for good.

His rant during the fight... he's on the way to becoming a new Ali. Fighting because that's what he does as a soldier. How long before he wants more wars so he can impose his will on others.
Recon 5

It would be nice to see him square off against Ali. It should be interesting, to say the least.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Arsarcana

aberrance wrote: On a separate topic, does anyone else get the feeling that the 0 Gundam was destroyed in some kind of battle that will be introduced to us as a major plottwist?
Considering that we see the suit (completely intact but with its GN Drive removed) in the epilogue, I doubt it. The thing is too outdated for CB to have rebuilt it as-is if it was destroyed previously.
As for the 00 Gundam, I really think that it's just upgraded Exia...
Assuming that's the case and it seems likely, this would be the first time a mid-season upgrade has literally been an upgrade to the main suit rather than a new design. Still makes me wonder why they're calling it the 00 if it doesn't incorporate any parts from ye olde machine. Long six months etc.

Makes you wonder why they're keeping a frame that's at least twenty years old by now if they're not even sure its drive works and the rest of the design is hopelessly outdated. I hope we do see more of it, if only to answer a few questions like that one.
JC RAY

Man, with so many possibilities of what could happen in Season 2, it just drives my mind that we have to wait 6 months until it starts all over again. I wonder if there is a chance to see the original Gundam 0 in action. Also I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the series, but did anyone know what happened the Setsuna's father?
Destroy Gundam

Setsuna killed him and his mother, IIRC.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Strike Zero

Arsarcana wrote:Assuming that's the case and it seems likely, this would be the first time a mid-season upgrade has literally been an upgrade to the main suit rather than a new design.
Gundam GP01 would like to have a word with you.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:Assuming that's the case and it seems likely, this would be the first time a mid-season upgrade has literally been an upgrade to the main suit rather than a new design.
Gundam GP01 would like to have a word with you.
0083 was an OVA and doesn't really count. Plus, the more traditional upgrade was the GP03. There's also the Ez8, but again, that's an OVA. OVAs and TV series are generally spoken of as separated creatures.

I don't think the 00 is just an upgraded Exia. It looks like an upgraded Exia, but I doubt it is just the Exia with new things added to it.

I like the return of the mouth bars though.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."