The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 12

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Phantomexe87

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Just a thought, but isn't ole Sergei getting a bit old to be piloting?
Hmm, maybe a tad, but we've had old pilots before, like Norris Packard, or for what it's worth, Master Asia (the way he 'pilots' is a bit different from the way Sergei pilots).
Recon 5

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Also, there's only one way Ali can die. After an epic battle with Setsuna, one with many casualties, Ali gets a sword in the cockpit. "Haha!" he laughs "This is great! The ultimate feeling! It's been fun, Kurdish brat! I'll see you in hell!" and then his suit explodes, all the while Ali has a huge grin on his face, kinda like this.

Setsuna may be victorious, but he won't feel like he's won.
I don't know. Sure, it would be EPIC and GAR and legendary and all that if Mizushima writes that kind of ending properly, but remember that one of the things that has made 00 so great is the sheer number of new things it has done. I wouldn't be 100% satisfied for it to end in such a classic manner. There are other upcoming animes which end like that (no, I'm not psychic but you can bet on it happening), so you can watch those. I want my 00 to be different.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Arbiter GUNDAM

What would be horribly ironic would be Ali taking a beam saber from 'ole Iron Mask Aker for Setsuna.

"You see Kurdish brat? I'm the only one allowed to kill you!" (gurgle)(death rattle)

Or something along those lines.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Recon 5 wrote:I don't know. Sure, it would be EPIC and GAR and legendary and all that if Mizushima writes that kind of ending properly, but remember that one of the things that has made 00 so great is the sheer number of new things it has done. I wouldn't be 100% satisfied for it to end in such a classic manner. There are other upcoming animes which end like that (no, I'm not psychic but you can bet on it happening), so you can watch those. I want my 00 to be different.
I'd certainly take 'satisfying' over 'different' any day. Ali dying in any manner other than in a duel with Setsuna would be outrageous, no matter how original it may be. Also, one aspect of originality (I believe) is how you rework 'classic' mannerisms together. Mizushima could use such a classic demise in a new way.

I entirely agree with how you feel upcoming animes will end. Recently I've see just how impressionable the anime industry is. After School Days, almost every new romantic drama has some sort of 'Nice boat' twist in it. It's already gotten rather tiresome actually.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
J-Lead

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:What would be horribly ironic would be Ali taking a beam saber from 'ole Iron Mask Aker for Setsuna.

"You see Kurdish brat? I'm the only one allowed to kill you!" (gurgle)(death rattle)

Thankfully, Ali doesn't follow such retarded logic (how may he kill Setsuna when he himself is already dead?) nor is he the 00 equivalent of a bad anime villain. (Or is he?)

Ali holds no sentimental hatred for Setsuna, but rather looks down on him and shrugs off any terrible act he ever did that caused Setsuna grief as if it were nothing, just like he would for anyone else. He could care less about who kills him. In fact, I'm pretty sure Setsuna would be a lot more fixated on killing Ali than Ali would be on killing Setsuna.
Last edited by J-Lead on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
lobster

Strike Zero wrote:If you're not serious, could you possibly do us a favor and not bring the subject up again?
Sure I can shut up. :)
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Attomoku

Something just occured to me, seeing Louise with "Regene" at the end of ep 25.

Louise's parents were weathy and influential people, much like Wang and Alejandro, both of whom are/were CB Surveyors. So why can't her parents have been surveyors as well. After their deaths, now she has inherited their weath and social standing, perhaps she has inherited the Surveyor position as well. Or maybe some documents after left their death have lead her down the same path. So in the second season we may see Louise with a more prominate role as a CB Surveyor, much like Wang. Thoughts?
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Destiny_Gundam

Attomoku wrote:Something just occured to me, seeing Louise with "Regene" at the end of ep 25.

Louise's parents were weathy and influential people, much like Wang and Alejandro, both of whom are/were CB Surveyors. So why can't her parents have been surveyors as well. After their deaths, now she has inherited their weath and social standing, perhaps she has inherited the Surveyor position as well. Or maybe some documents after left their death have lead her down the same path. So in the second season we may see Louise with a more prominate role as a CB Surveyor, much like Wang. Thoughts?
I doubt it. When Louise's mom was seeing CB on the news, she didn't act like she knew anything.

I think the elevator scene is more that this Regene person is going to manipulate Louise and use her money/power to their advantage. As you can see, Louise doesn't look very happy.
Recon 5

Too bad they didn't place the camera a bit lower. We could've seen if she'd gotten a replacement for that lost hand (and what kind of replacement). I mean, having her forced to walk around with a visible stump would be a bit jarring given that its 23XX we're talking about here.

Destiny_Gundam

Recon 5 wrote:Too bad they didn't place the camera a bit lower. We could've seen if she'd gotten a replacement for that lost hand (and what kind of replacement). I mean, having her forced to walk around with a visible stump would be a bit jarring given that its 23XX we're talking about here.
Concidering Lichty, if they couldn't grow a new limb, I'm sure she has a mechanical one.

Shame she probably won't be able to belt out any Divine Busters with it :(
Arsarcana

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I entirely agree with how you feel upcoming animes will end. Recently I've see just how impressionable the anime industry is. After School Days, almost every new romantic drama has some sort of 'Nice boat' twist in it. It's already gotten rather tiresome actually.
This is pretty true of cinema as well. One film does something different and instead of everyone else doing likewise and experimenting, they just copy the first film with varying degrees of success. See: Any of the zillion Alien, Jaws or Night of the Living Dead clones out there. Not watching much current anime, I dunno which ones you're thinking of but I hope Code Geass (the only other currently airing show on my watch list) doesn't end with Lelouch and the Emperor dueling with Knightmares or Geass powers.
Arbiter GUNDAM

J-Lead wrote:
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:What would be horribly ironic would be Ali taking a beam saber from 'ole Iron Mask Aker for Setsuna.

Thankfully, Ali doesn't follow such retarded logic (how may he kill Setsuna when he himself is already dead?) nor is he the 00 equivalent of a bad anime villain. (Or is he?)

Ali holds no sentimental hatred for Setsuna, but rather looks down on him and shrugs off any terrible act he ever did that caused Setsuna grief as if it were nothing, just like he would for anyone else. He could care less about who kills him. In fact, I'm pretty sure Setsuna would be a lot more fixated on killing Ali than Ali would be on killing Setsuna.
Are you saying I have no logic? :P

Actually, know that I'm thinking about it, Ali dying that way would be a bit too... Vegeta I guess.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Genese Gundam

That was possibly the best Gundam series last episode i've seen (although i've only seen 3). And we're only halfway.... Mizushima is a fantastic director....

But what I don't get is, how come they want to change the world AGAIN even though now it's more stable than ever?
Last edited by Genese Gundam on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
Attomoku

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Attomoku wrote:Something just occured to me, seeing Louise with "Regene" at the end of ep 25.

I doubt it. When Louise's mom was seeing CB on the news, she didn't act like she knew anything.

I think the elevator scene is more that this Regene person is going to manipulate Louise and use her money/power to their advantage. As you can see, Louise doesn't look very happy.
Ok maybe not her mom, but perhaps the father?
Also some of the the surveyors could have been hijacked by Ribbons or manipulated into seving his goals. But maybe this innovator group is planing to do as you say and "use her & lose her"
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Poochi

Neo_Senku wrote:
Camille Vidan wrote:
Hmm, I think Saji will end up piloting the 00, but will be reluctant initially because of what happened to Louise. I'm also guessing Nena will be his mentor while Saji is coming to grips with the Gundam.
well, let's just say that you don't have a future in storywriting.
i 2nd that opinion

EDIT: This is spam. Don't do it again, please.

~ShadowCell
Heheh, well it seemed to me that 00 had all the Gundam mainstays (eg, masked villain, red MS that were 3 times faster, etc) and paid homage to a lot of other series (Earth Federation - MSG, the theme of war and rebirth - Wing, that scene with GN-X aiming at the ship's bridge - Seed, shot lancer MS - XBone, GN Arms - 0083, etc) that it would be natural for one of those "hapless civilian stumbles into a MS" moments to occur. And no one's more hapless than Saji.

Oh well, time will tell.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Recon 5

The closest I can imagine is that guy doing a kamikaze run on Ali with his space pizzamobile. Now, if you will please, direct your attention to my signature because we have a place for Saji speculation.

On a more serious note, the way 00 has handled all the 'essential Gundam elements' seems to be more like a homage than anything else.

For example: The Mask. Sure, Graham has a mask. However, its a lot more functional looking and less artistic than the other masks we've seen in Gundam (and for one thing, that color...). He also doesn't seem to be using it as a poorly explained disguise, unless he's on loan to a different part of the Federation and his original superiors simply told everyone else to 'hold the questions if you know what's good for you'.

I have a feeling that Mizushima might be hiding some serious shock footage underneath that mask.

Renegade334

Something just occured to me, seeing Louise with "Regene" at the end of ep 25.

It's not sure how many of them have been compromised, arrested or forced to keep clear off the regular avenues of internal communication - with Livonze's takeover of Veda, I imagine there is no longer any need for them unless they're hardcore 'aggressive' pacifists who want to pursue Aeolia's dream. Since CB is pretty much destroyed and fragilized due to the loss of both critical personnel and materiel, the Overseers have every reason to lie low while waiting for an opportunity to convene together, under better auspices.

I don't think Louise will become an observer, though, as she'd do nothing except watch from afar. Considering what she went through and the possible hypothesis that she might want to change the world, she'll probably have a more proactive role in the second season. Having her as a sidekick for Wang Liu Mei doesn't win any point from me either - she already has Nena filling that role for her, what with her Veda-hack training and such.

And knowing that Overseers aren't exactly to be blindly trusted again (especially now that Veda and its security protocols have been shanghaied courtesy of a certain Livonze), I don't think those SEELE/Illuminati-like silent partners will be of much importance in the future, unless, of course, they're providing financial support and whatnot - but as they are faceless, nameless, I believe they'll remain that way. They aren't that important...not unless a new Alejandro Corner rises with plans of his own.

Nah. As a matter of fact, I'm leaning towards the likeliness of her being a replacement for either Lichtendahl or Christina - since CB's short on manpower, it would make sense for the both of them to become new stand-ins for the KIA cast members. Unless, I must amend, one of them is destined to become a Gundam Meister, which I somewhat doubt at this moment...but since there could always be a few surprises in store for us.

Louise has every reason not to be happy, for Heaven's sake. Not only did she lose her family during that fateful day, but she also lost a limb, had her world crushed and dispelled AND that Saji idiot had the good idea of relocating to space to pursue his dream, not even contacting her in the past two years - despite his claim to use this opportunity for the basis of a new life (I can see the many motives - including his sister's demise and his consequently precarious financial situation - behind his decision but his silence, considering her condition, shouldn't be, IMHO, completely forgiven). As the chat between the Ptolemaios bridge bunnies showed, every CB member has a dark past that compelled them to join the organization; it's perfectly understandable that she would still be haunted by the ghosts of the past and even to this day, would have developed a more cowed, demure behavior compared to her erstwhile lively demeanor.

As for Regene, I'm not sure - I'd rather wait for a new profile to show up rather than assume that she'd be a new Tieria (if only the character designer could've drawn her [as I assume Regene is a she] with less physiognomical likeness to Tieria) with a manipulative streak.
This is pretty true of cinema as well. One film does something different and instead of everyone else doing likewise and experimenting, they just copy the first film with varying degrees of success. See: Any of the zillion Alien, Jaws or Night of the Living Dead clones out there. Not watching much current anime, I dunno which ones you're thinking of but I hope Code Geass (the only other currently airing show on my watch list) doesn't end with Lelouch and the Emperor dueling with Knightmares or Geass powers.
The latter kind of ending is a bit likely to happen, though - provided, of course, he does have a Geass.

As for the ending, I'm not sure how it'll end. Unless Celestial Being gets internationally recognized as an international peacefkeeping force/political factor, in a Three-Ships-Alliance fashion, either it'll end with a Tomino!killfest (which I seriously hope won't happen) or CB disbanded and its members forced to lie low in fear of public/governmental scrutiny. Of course, there is also the possibility of Setsuna and co. requesting political asylum in Asadistan, but that's only if there's a cheesy ending and the UN doesn't catch wind of it (I don't think we're done yet with that country, btw).
For example: The Mask. Sure, Graham has a mask. However, its a lot more functional looking and less artistic than the other masks we've seen in Gundam (and for one thing, that color...). He also doesn't seem to be using it as a poorly explained disguise, unless he's on loan to a different part of the Federation and his original superiors simply told everyone else to 'hold the questions if you know what's good for you'.
I don't have any gripe towards the mask design, though. It's not like I expected him to go in battle with a Keroro Gunso mask, for seriousness' sake. O_O;

It's nice and business-like - and I'd rather it truly hid some kind of deformity rather than a puny scar (yes, I'm looking at YOU, Kazuki from Dragonaut: the Resonance) or just to look badass or conceal one's identity (yes, I'm referring to you, pretty boy Raww). It's possible that the console in front of him blew up in his face, as I don't think the sonic sword could have dealt any kind of radiation damage or whatnot (as I assume it's permeated with GN particles for obvious purposes).
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
V2Buster

Regene is wearing what appears to be an Earth Federation uniform, which I'm guessing no one brought up in this discussion since you're all discussing Louise being Celestial Being.
Zangetsu

Sorry to interupt but were is everyone seeing these timeskip pictures.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
SNT1

We watched the final episode.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/