The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Chapter 11

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SNT1

I fear for Graham now. I really don't want him to come in and get killed.
My mentality for episode 25, is that all characters, aside from Setsuna and others out of the action (Marina, Saji) will get killed. It doesn't make me worry for my favorite characters still alive that way...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Phantomexe87

I really doubt both Tiera or Hallelujah (or whatever his name is) are going to die, nor Felt or Sumeragi. Now I can see those other two male members of CB, whose names I can't remember dying, and of course Corner. Maybe Patrick's infatuation will try to do a kamikize or something cliché, but that's about all I can see for 'significant' deaths to come.
Recon 5

Patrick's infatuation will find a more worthy admirer. 'nuff said. I don't think she really reciprocated his feelings anyway.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Destiny_Gundam

Kathy is a smart woman. She'd retreat when she knows they're losing. I think she just saw Patrick as an amusing subordinate. Some one she could get a chuckle out of. Certainly didn't have any serious romantic feelings for him. When she learns of his death I can see her saying "Too bad. He was a good kid."
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Blade D

Destruction of Patrick's GN-X = convenient set of legs to repair Ali's Zwei? :P

As for predictions on which character gets to die next, I would have put my money on Al since he seems the type of character that is not meant to live through to the end of the series... however, we all know by now how Mizushima loves to surprise us. And besides, that would eliminate our chances of seeing the Kyrios Gust.... :lol:
VentZX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Kathy is a smart woman. She'd retreat when she knows they're losing. I think she just saw Patrick as an amusing subordinate. Some one she could get a chuckle out of. Certainly didn't have any serious romantic feelings for him. When she learns of his death I can see her saying "Too bad. He was a good kid."
I really disagree with this. When he showed up in 24, she expressed relief at the fact that he was safe. She even went as far as to say she was worried about him. I think it's safe to say that Patrick's unrelenting boldness actually grew on her, and she actually reciprocated his feelings. Otherwise, why would she bother with him in the first place. I also don't think she's cold enough to just brush his death aside like you suggest.
Neo_Senku

Blade D wrote:Destruction of Patrick's GN-X = convenient set of legs to repair Ali's Zwei? :P

As for predictions on which character gets to die next, I would have put my money on Al since he seems the type of character that is not meant to live through to the end of the series... however, we all know by now how Mizushima loves to surprise us. And besides, that would eliminate our chances of seeing the Kyrios Gust.... :lol:
Yeaht thats true. Generally in gundam, those that were made only to fight don't survive the series so i gotta think that soma and allelujah are gonna go though i dont have an opinion if it will be 25 or next season
Recon 5

I can see Ali becoming Alejandro's champion and the partnership lasting until the final episode of season 2. I mean, both are ambiguously neutral and both are unconcerned about any fleshies who happen to get in the way (of Alejandro's megalomania and Ali's fun). With Goldenboy as the brains and Ali as the brawn even the three powers would be in trouble.

thehod

I thought both Als were already in league with eachother how else could Ali know where to find the Trinitys.
hitokirigarou

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Also, let's clarify things a little bit here. This is an android and this is a cyborg. Until we find out if that red fluid that was coming out of Lichty's wounds was NOT blood, it's safe to call him a cyborg.[/b]
Although frequently referred to onscreen as a cyborg, the Terminator might be more properly an android. While it has skin and blood (cellular organic systems), these serve mainly as a disguise and are not symbiotic with the machine components, a trait of true cyborgs. The endoskeletons beneath are fully functional robots and have been seen operating independently, especially during the future segments of the Terminator movies.
flamingtroll

I am suprised no one has seemed to mentioned the emo-reducing Sumeragi-slap on Tieria. It was long overdue.If Sumeragi can now actually act like a competent captain like Bright then Gundam 00 will have everything a gundam show needs. :D
NastyNate

If this series keeps on killing of the main characters that fans might like. This series might have a hard time taking of in America, but so far I think that the series is great, however the comon anime watcher does not like a sad ending. Me neither. Fan service is good sometimes. :shock:
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Attomoku

Neo_Senku wrote:Yeaht thats true. Generally in gundam, those that were made only to fight don't survive the series so i gotta think that soma and allelujah are gonna go though i dont have an opinion if it will be 25 or next season
Oh I dont know, it think that this could be the one to change things, giving Allelujah a life in peace and making him contemplate why he was the one who lived when so many other more deserving people died (Lockon :cry: ) is probably crueler and much more in line with the director's style.

Not too sure about Soma though, she has a lot of potential either Dead or Alive
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
teslashark

iguanaman8989 wrote:Well, if Lichte is a full android, as opposed to a cyborg, the second season could feature his 'return.'

Just make another unit.
Also don't forget to keep the hard drive. :D
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Zenstrive

Sorry for any inconveniences caused, but as for Saji, I think the best role for him is to be the successor to Aeolia Schamalagajik pheh-pheh-pheh (his name is so hard to spell :P )

If I am the writer, I'd put him on Sherlock role to find out more about the old wizard, learns from the data, and decides that the best way to cure the post-gundam world is to implement Aeolia's ideas, whatever those might be :)
Lowind

So after this episode, the chance of orbital elevator drop is getting extremely unlikely. I was looking forward to seeing the drop as the last scene of this season.

Whats the name of the Bling MA corner is using by the way?
auriga

The name of the MA is being discussed at the Mecha and Tech thread. Let's just say we don't know how it's supposed to be in English. Just refer there.
Recon 5

Lowind wrote:So after this episode, the chance of orbital elevator drop is getting extremely unlikely.
Correction: it seems even more likely now than ever. The flying blingmobile has enough firepower to topple one of those giant shafts with one or two stray shots. Alejandro may even bring down more than one if his duel with Setsuna gets too intense.

VentZX

Recon 5 wrote:
Lowind wrote:So after this episode, the chance of orbital elevator drop is getting extremely unlikely.
Correction: it seems even more likely now than ever. The flying blingmobile has enough firepower to topple one of those giant shafts with one or two stray shots. Alejandro may even bring down more than one if his duel with Setsuna gets too intense.
There fighting at Lagrange 1. There no where near Earth. I honestly don't see the fight spanning a few thousand miles.
Dark Duel

Just for the FYI, The orbital elevators are 50,000 kilometers tall. That's 31,068.56 miles.
Lagrange point 1 is, from what I can find, is approximately 1,530,000 km away. That's 30x farther away, or 950,697.9 miles.

Having said that, I'm on the fence about the possibility of an elevator drop. The sheer distance would tend to make it difficult, if not impossible. But this is Gundam, after all, and it just wouldn't be Gundam without Outer space sending a menacing object(or objects) down to Earth - to paraphrase one OZ pilot from in Wing. (The exact quote was something like "Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth.")
Or in other words, dropping some large mass of stuff that would cause untold destruction on the surface. Or firing a bigarse cannon at Earth.

I personally hope they save that for Season Two.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."