The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk X

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk X

New thread. Not going to quote the last post of the old one since it was edging towards an argument and I don't like cleaning up arguments. So you can just cull stuff to talk about from the old thread, if there's still stuff to talk about.

Tag your spoilers and don't be jerks, please.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct X

Anyone expecting Saji to maybe become a pilot himself eventually?
Vectorspace

I can't think of any other reason for him to exist.

I assume this thread is supposed to be called the Gundam 00 Anime thread, rather than the Mecha thread?
ShadowCell

It is the Anime thread. I just fixed a typo in the title.
Destiny_Gundam

Vectorspace wrote:But shouldn't that comment go in the anime thread?
Ok, I loled.

It's fixed now.

I've been seeing Louise get a lot of flak for how she handled the ring thing. Repeated cries of "You have another hand stupid!" abound. I don't think she deserves that at all. Wearing a ring on your left hand is very important, and it means something entirely different if worn on the right hand. And it's not like she refused the ring because of it or anything.

Anyways, I think Louise will pretty much be written out of the show at this point. Or at the very least we won't see her for a long time. The montage effectively says "Here's a look back at Louise. Enjoy it because it's the last you'll see of her."
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Direct X

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Vectorspace wrote:But shouldn't that comment go in the anime thread?
Ok, I loled.

It's fixed now.

I've been seeing Louise get a lot of flak for how she handled the ring thing. Repeated cries of "You have another hand stupid!" abound. I don't think she deserves that at all. Wearing a ring on your left hand is very important, and it means something entirely different if worn on the right hand. And it's not like she refused the ring because of it or anything.

Anyways, I think Louise will pretty much be written out of the show at this point. Or at the very least we won't see her for a long time. The montage effectively says "Here's a look back at Louise. Enjoy it because it's the last you'll see of her."
I highly doubt that.

Not many characters have been written off from a show (maybe she will be killed off? that'd be the most feasible solution).
Destiny_Gundam

Direct X wrote:I highly doubt that.

Not many characters have been written off from a show (maybe she will be killed off? that'd be the most feasible solution).
Killing her off outright would be highly unnessesary. The thing with writing out characters is that they need to be some place where they won't be involved in the story. Being buried in the ground is one such place, but in Louise's case, if anyone ever wonders "What ever happened to Louise?" the answer would be "She's still recovering in the hospital." It's different from some past Gundam series when some one asks "Whatever happened to Mineva?" the answer is "I dunno lol." (Granted this particular example has be answered in Unicorn, but you get my point).
Recon 5

There's also the possibility that she (and possibly Saji as well) may be 'shifted' to one of the other 00 media, perhaps even an unreleased 00 spinoff. Even if they get written out of the anime, you can be sure that someone will continue their story eventually.

As for overreacting, we should note that her reaction to this 'minor' (although I personally believe that the lost of any limb is significant) event is entirely appropriate to the personality that she has displayed so far.

Which reminds me: do you guys think that 00 will eventually come out on mainstream English and American TV? From my experience channels like Fox Kids and 4kids tend to avoid stuff as intense (in so many ways) as this. In Malaysia and Singapore we get most of the runoff from 4kids so it would prevent me from seeing 00 in English as well :cry: .
Direct X

Recon 5 wrote:There's also the possibility that she (and possibly Saji as well) may be 'shifted' to one of the other 00 media, perhaps even an unreleased 00 spinoff. Even if they get written out of the anime, you can be sure that someone will continue their story eventually.

As for overreacting, we should note that her reaction to this 'minor' (although I personally believe that the lost of any limb is significant) event is entirely appropriate to the personality that she has displayed so far.

Which reminds me: do you guys think that 00 will eventually come out on mainstream English and American TV? From my experience channels like Fox Kids and 4kids tend to avoid stuff as intense (in so many ways) as this. In Malaysia and Singapore we get most of the runoff from 4kids so it would prevent me from seeing 00 in English as well :cry: .

probably not.

as for spin off, the series has a long break waiting for it before it comes back so anything of the sort will be a long time from now *(and gundam isnt known for many outright sequels).
jam!

Recon 5 wrote:
I agree. It can't be overreacting since she went from pompous, pampered little girl to losing her entire family in a random terrorist attack as well as being partially maimed.
That'd mess up anyone.
Teki

Sanji

Doubt he will be a pilot. I have a feeling we will get more of him in the second season. Possibly a time gap in seasons. I mean that would be realistic and kind of unheard of for a gundam series. Like how everyone complained about Louise doing nothing then people feeling bad and now people complaining about how she is acting after all that is happen to her. Still love this series so much. I remember reading somewhere that the second half will deal with a new gundam (not thrones), but never refereed to if enemy or ally.
Direct X

Re: Sanji

Teki wrote:Doubt he will be a pilot. I have a feeling we will get more of him in the second season. Possibly a time gap in seasons. I mean that would be realistic and kind of unheard of for a gundam series. Like how everyone complained about Louise doing nothing then people feeling bad and now people complaining about how she is acting after all that is happen to her. Still love this series so much. I remember reading somewhere that the second half will deal with a new gundam (not thrones), but never refereed to if enemy or ally.

Well to be honest with you, the series really lacked significant build-up initially, (it was till we got to the middle of the first half that we saw real development).

It seems plausible for saji to be a pilot, but at this point anything can happen (as it is only the first half).
Arbiter GUNDAM

Holy crap, why does this Will Saji Be A Pilot Now? thing keep coming up? It's not gonna happen, trust me. Louise even said it in the last episode, Saji's dream is to work in space and build colonies and what not. He's NOT gonna go on some damn fool idealistic crusade.

As for Louise, I say it's sad how ignorant some people are. Look at that ring. It looks a lot like an engagement ring doesn't it? That would mean you wear it on your left hand as Destiny_Gundam pointed out. The hand she no longer possess.

People who have experienced severe trauma need only one little thing that reminds them of what happened to set them off. I was told by a cousin about a friend of his who was an Army Ranger in Iraq. He suffered through some pretty bad fights but they said he wasn't showing any sign of PTSD. So he comes back to the States after finishing his tour and seems pretty fine until he gets home. His little brother rushes up to him, wanting to show him this brand new paintball gun he got. The guy took one look at that and just absolutely lost it. See what I mean?

Recon 5 wrote:do you guys think that 00 will eventually come out on mainstream English and American TV?
Not in a million years. No kids channel will pick it up because of the overt sexiness of the ladies, Sumeragi's bad drinking habits and the violence and Adult Swim will never run it because Family Guy and American Dad are several orders of magnitude better than 00 will ever be. :roll:
I do hope it will be dubbed though. Speaking of 00 dubs, who would you guys want to do the voices of Setsuna and the gang?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

Hypothetical dub question! I LOVE THOSE!!!
Hmm...I would love to see:

SETSUNA: Mark Hildreth
LOCKON: Michael Lindsay
TIERIA: Kirby Morrow or Ted Cole. Preferably Ted.
SAJI: I'm thinking Brad Swaile or Richard Cox.
SUMERAGI: Saffron Henderson
ALEJANDRO CORNER: David Kaye
SERGEI: I dunno...Brian Drummond, maybe?
GRAHAM: Steven Blum.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Chris
Administrator

Dark Duel wrote:Hypothetical dub question! I LOVE THOSE!!!
Hmm...I would love to see:

SETSUNA: Mark Hildreth
LOCKON: Michael Lindsay
TIERIA: Kirby Morrow or Ted Cole. Preferably Ted.
SAJI: I'm thinking Brad Swaile or Richard Cox.
SUMERAGI: Saffron Henderson
ALEJANDRO CORNER: David Kaye
SERGEI: I dunno...Brian Drummond, maybe?
GRAHAM: Steven Blum.
So basically, you're saying you want almost all of Wing's dub cast to do 00. Why on earth would you want that?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Chris wrote:So basically, you're saying you want almost all of Wing's dub cast to do 00. Why on earth would you want that?
I think it could actually happen though. From the get go people have been calling it Wing 2.0, so it's possible that Bandai will want to captialise on that. Since Wing was the huge hit over here in the States, they'd want to replicate that.

That said, watch Setsuna be Johnny Young Boch. That would suck big time. Poor Lelouch.

And I don't see any reason why Adult Swim or YTV wouldn't show 00, especially YTV, as SEED was more popular up here than in the States (heck, they aired Destiny too).
zaku69

-spoiler alert-

I'm surprised no one has commented on the line said by Tieria after Lockton decides not to shoot Setsuna"

"...this is being human?"

(at least that's what I got from the translation)

Could this be further pointing to the theory that Tieria might be a clone or biological AI?
SEIGE ZION!
[ ^_^]
VentZX

zaku69 wrote:Could this be further pointing to the theory that Tieria might be a clone or biological AI?
Well, it's clear that he has some sort of cybernetic connection to Veda. The way he can directly interface Veda is pretty much proof. This in no way suggests the clone theory (which never made sense to begin with). I say he has some sort of implants in his brain, but he's still human. IMO, he just has a major superiority complex to the point where he sees himself as above other humans.
Chris
Administrator

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I think it could actually happen though. From the get go people have been calling it Wing 2.0, so it's possible that Bandai will want to captialise on that. Since Wing was the huge hit over here in the States, they'd want to replicate that.
It won't happen. It's been almost 8 years since Wing aired in America. The generation that watched that show has grown up, and they either still like Gundam, or chances are they don't. The current generation watching Cartoon Network wouldn't know anything about Wing, thus there's really nothing for Bandai to capitalize on with 00. And just because people call Wing 2.0 doesn't mean that the comparison is valid. In fact, I think it's completely wrong.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Chris wrote:And just because people call Wing 2.0 doesn't mean that the comparison is valid. In fact, I think it's completely wrong.
I think it's completely invalid too, but if marketing it as such seems like it'll bring in the most money, that's how Bandai will market it. Wing was a huge hit with an audience that had never even heard of Gundam before, so Bandai could still think 00 could do for this generation like Wing did for its generation.