The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk X

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deus EpS Machina

I know exactly what he was refrring to. I was making a joke, as you know Lockon is Irish, and the national pride of Ireland is the drink (in a comical sense). I'm sorry that wasnt clear enough.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Neo_Senku

Deus EpS Machina wrote:I know exactly what he was refrring to. I was making a joke, as you know Lockon is Irish, and the national pride of Ireland is the drink (in a comical sense). I'm sorry that wasnt clear enough.
oh right i forgot he was irish. now i see the joke, my mistake
wing zero alpha

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And I find it hilarious two Canadians are arguing about American policy.
Why not? Every other nation and ethnicity likes to do it (as opposed to dealing with their own problems), and you guys are literally next door to us.

Anyway, I also see the three world powers "merely upgrading" their respective mechs as opposed to outright MPing the GN-Xs too, if only just to keep some individuality between them and to phase out any flaws found in the GN-X's design. It's like how after America and Russia both got captured Me 262s post World War II they chose to make their own jet fighters (the F-86 Saber and MiG-15 "Fagot" respectively) rather than make straight Me 262 clones (as opposed to the Japanese). That said, expect GN equipped versions of the Flag, Enact and Tieren (assuming the HRL even has the capability to produce GN tech) in the near future.

And on a side note, even though I disliked both of them, Johann and Michael's deaths seem to be a pretty big waste to me. Aside from Michael's sister complex and Johann having a stick up his "pee-koo", neither character had been fleshed out enough that I outright give a damn about them. That said, they really are the druggies of 00, because Sting and Auel both had the same problem when they kicked the bucket... only I recall a lot more people complaining when it happened then. Either way, seems wasteful.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deus EpS Machina

Im quite sure that Season 2 will be littered with GN technology on all sides of the game. I doubt it will be difficult for the HRL to employ GN tech, just as much the AEU and Union seeing as all three have the technology to reverse-engineer.
Destiny_Gundam

wing zero alpha wrote:And on a side note, even though I disliked both of them, Johann and Michael's deaths seem to be a pretty big waste to me. Aside from Michael's sister complex and Johann having a stick up his "pee-koo", neither character had been fleshed out enough that I outright give a damn about them. That said, they really are the druggies of 00, because Sting and Auel both had the same problem when they kicked the bucket... only I recall a lot more people complaining when it happened then. Either way, seems wasteful.
I have the same problem. I think it's because it feels like a 50 ep series crammed into a 25 ep series. I still think the pacing is great and the series is going well, but we miss out on stuff we'd have more time to get to know if it was a 50 ep series. The difference from other 26 ep series that feel similar is that Gundam 00 actually does have 50 eps and they could have spent more time on certain things. Atleast we know why they didn't utilize that time though.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SNT1

So, Ali shots Michael dead, Pins Johan to the ground and then lets him go in the Eins, only to kill him back with the Zwei.

Deliciously evil, Ali.

I guess this is the exclamation point for me about being sorry for the Trinity. Aside from their rescue and Killing Eifman and Howard, they've been the series punching bags when it comes to MS fights. They've retreated every single sortie they've done. That said, I'm gonna miss Michael's "I'ma cut you" reaction to people he doesn't like.

I wonder if this will somehow gain back some of Nena's fans (who deemed her #1 to die since the wedding crasher incident)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Homeless

The Trinity thus far have felt like wasted potential, I'll agree. They've seemed like they existed solely so we could have Gundams lose without it being the Fab Four's Gundams. Nena still has a chance to be worthwhile, but Johann and Michael only got six episodes to try and be relevant.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
wing zero alpha

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I have the same problem. I think it's because it feels like a 50 ep series crammed into a 25 ep series. I still think the pacing is great and the series is going well, but we miss out on stuff we'd have more time to get to know if it was a 50 ep series. The difference from other 26 ep series that feel similar is that Gundam 00 actually does have 50 eps and they could have spent more time on certain things. Atleast we know why they didn't utilize that time though.
Yeah, this is one of the major issues I have with 12-25 episode runs. While the lesser amount of episodes allows for things like better animation (which is why we haven't seen much clip animation in 00) and higher quality in general, you run out of space very quickly. The sad thing is I think 00 writing staff could have fleshed out the Trinitys some more even in the span that they were given. But as usual everything was concentrated on the geopolitics and the Gundams' reign of terror, and as a result the Thrones came across as little more as a side show rather than the contenders to the Fab Four we all thought they were going to be.

And now that I think about it, I had the same issue with Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid's 13 episode run. Funny how that works.

On a side note, I do have to give Michael some credit: he is the first mobile suit pilot in the entirety of Gundam to make remote weapons look completely useless. Oh sure, Chara Soon, Mu La Flaga and Sting Oakley all tried out for that honor, but even they couldn't get their weapons shot down by their opposition in practically every encounter from the moment they launched them all the while doing zero damage. Kudos to Michael for standing out that much in the mobile suit pilot community, and even though he's dead, his legacy will live on.
Deus EpS Machina

Im just glad that within the confines of 25 episodes they didnt try and push on us the prospects of new gundams to replace the original four. Powerups and new equipment i will accept but new gundam(s) would have been far too hard to swallow.
Commissar Bright Noa

SNT1 wrote:
I guess this is the exclamation point for me about being sorry for the Trinity. Aside from their rescue and Killing Eifman and Howard, they've been the series punching bags when it comes to MS fights. They've retreated every single sortie they've done. That said, I'm gonna miss Michael's "I'ma cut you" reaction to people he doesn't like.

I wonder if this will somehow gain back some of Nena's fans (who deemed her #1 to die since the wedding crasher incident)
No, they were doing quite a lot of interventions which is why the wedding crasher then went on.
SNT1

I don't know how the Trinity fared when they bombed factories and bases. All I see is that they get their asses trashed on screen everytime. Which is my point.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Commissar Bright Noa

SNT1 wrote:I don't know how the Trinity fared when they bombed factories and bases. All I see is that they get their asses trashed on screen everytime. Which is my point.
Well, do you want a 2 minute segment on how the Thrones are having a one sided fight for five episodes?
SNT1

As far as I know, they never fought to begin with, or had very limited resistance. They just raided bases and factories with success, something every idiot with a GN drive MS can do apparently. After killing off Eifman and Howardoo Mason, they sucked. Everytime. We thought Graham getting a piece was the best thing that ever happened and yet little did we know that that would be standard procedure from that point on.

And no, I do not want to see the Thrones featured killing very single civilian, because that's definitely not a measure of how good they are. I fail to see how this is hard to comprehend.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Janx_Dolaris

Ya, at the start everyone was complaing the gundams were having too easy of a time, now everyones complaining that they're getting they're asses kicked too much and wish they had more time to develope them as good, which means more of what people were originally complaining about.
Commissar Bright Noa

SNT1 wrote:As far as I know, they never fought to begin with, or had very limited resistance. They just raided bases and factories with success, something every idiot with a GN drive MS can do apparently. After killing off Eifman and Howardoo Mason, they sucked. Everytime. We thought Graham getting a piece was the best thing that ever happened and yet little did we know that that would be standard procedure from that point on.

And no, I do not want to see the Thrones featured killing very single civilian, because that's definitely not a measure of how good they are. I fail to see how this is hard to comprehend.
They put up a fight against the Fab four, they also did well (from what I know) against the GN-X squad at the assault on their base.
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Homeless wrote:The Trinity thus far have felt like wasted potential, I'll agree. They've seemed like they existed solely so we could have Gundams lose without it being the Fab Four's Gundams. Nena still has a chance to be worthwhile, but Johann and Michael only got six episodes to try and be relevant.
Oh, c'mon. Ya can't tell me comic relief isn't needed. :wink:
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
SNT1

they still ended up retreating everytime. During the matches there were always a one-on-one moment, and you see someone like Sergei or Soma lay the smackdown on Nena. I don't care if they lasted 3 hours against their opponents or "put up a fight", in the end they fail to close the deal every time.

Even Johan's attempt to dismantle Ptoly's crew via words backfired (and in turn probably made Lockon and Setsuna's relationship stronger).

I feel sorry for the Thrones. So, behold, "Pity nena" images:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/SNT1/22j.png
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/SNT1/22k.png
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/SNT1/22l.png
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Commissar Bright Noa

Hopefully the Trinity's deaths will make Nena a better person.
wing zero alpha

Well, on the bright side, at least two of the Thrones are still around and the Zwei certainly has a better pilot now. Too bad the Eins (which was my favorite) didn't get that much luck.
azrael

Homeless wrote:The Trinity thus far have felt like wasted potential, I'll agree. They've seemed like they existed solely so we could have Gundams lose without it being the Fab Four's Gundams. Nena still has a chance to be worthwhile, but Johann and Michael only got six episodes to try and be relevant.
Agreed. The least they could have done was kept Johann around. He actually believed in the cause, or at least that's the feeling I got. I don't think Nena is going to be worthwhile. She's probably going to become the psycho-chick which we're all use to that will blow up something big. If Johann replaced Lockon if Lockon was on the DL for the rest of the season, I would have been fine with that.