The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk X

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Like I was saying, Steve Blum as Ali Al-Saachez anyone?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SNT1

I don't like Steve Blum... only due to the fact that every other dub out there has Steve Blum.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
teslashark

Joe Kucan will suit Ali......

(rember Kane from the C&Cs :twisted: )
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
J-Lead

Speaking of hypothetical dub jobs, I always thought that Steve Staley might be perfect for Al/Hal. After all, his work as Shiro in 08th MS Team in contrast to his work as Kadaj in Advent Children thoroughly convinces me that he is capable of using his calm and malevolent voices to dub Al and Hal respectively. It'd be interesting to hear those two voices of his coming into internal conflict with one another...
teslashark wrote:Joe Kucan will suit Ali......

(rember Kane from the C&Cs :twisted: )
I can't imagine him in that role. Joe Kucan's role as Kane is an evil, calculating mastermind, not a vulgar, hot-blooded war addict. I'd have to agree with the aformentioned notion that Steve Blum might do a good Ali...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
thesilentreviewer

Gundam a la C&C.. hehe

What, are we gonna make Tiberium-powered Gundams now? lol

Anyways, Ep 19 already gave us a clue as to who supports the Thrones, Lagna Harvey, who, from what I heard, sounds like the 24th century's Bill Gates.

Wang Liu Ming seems too passive this episode, wonder why?
Mobile Weapon Maniac
Jack

J-Lead wrote:I can't imagine him in that role. Joe Kucan's role as Kane is an evil, calculating mastermind, not a vulgar, hot-blooded war addict. I'd have to agree with the aformentioned notion that Steve Blum might do a good Ali...
I think Skip Stellrecht would be good as Ali. He's got the right kind of gravelly sound.
wing zero alpha

Hm. To tell the truth, I could see Crispin Freeman doing Graham Acre myself, albeit not with his standard deep tone, and Steven Blum as Ali-Al Sarshes isn't a bad idea either. As for Johnny Yong Bosch, I see him more towards Lockon Stratos than Setsuna, since the latter isn't a very emotional character (aside from choice encounters with Ali) and Bosch's strong points are with characters that can display emotion. Two others I can also think of is Scott McNeil voicing Patrick (as someone suggested earlier) and the guy that did Quatre doing Saji.
Arbiter GUNDAM

wing zero alpha wrote:the guy that did Quatre doing Saji.
And he voiced Amuro Ray I believe, so there's some brownie points right there.

--Freyja Wion
Zero Revenge

wing zero alpha wrote:Hm. To tell the truth, I could see Crispin Freeman doing Graham Acre myself, albeit not with his standard deep tone, and Steven Blum as Ali-Al Sarshes isn't a bad idea either. As for Johnny Yong Bosch, I see him more towards Lockon Stratos than Setsuna, since the latter isn't a very emotional character (aside from choice encounters with Ali) and Bosch's strong points are with characters that can display emotion. Two others I can also think of is Scott McNeil voicing Patrick (as someone suggested earlier) and the guy that did Quatre doing Saji.
I'd be quite happy with that line up.

As long as no one from SEED and Destiny (Blue Ocean group?) did major roles on 00, i'd probably be happy enough with it.
Chris
Administrator

Ok everyone, I think that's enough of 00 dub casting. Since the series hasn't been licensed, there's no point in spending this many posts discussing casting wish lists.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Zangetsu

I just watched 18 and did Louise lose just her hand? I thought she might be missing a leg but I'm unsure.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Dark Duel

So far as we know, just her hand.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
lobster

Louise is standing in Ep 19 so she still has her legs...
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Arbiter GUNDAM

Speaking of Louise again, I have to wonder if she's gonna get a prosthetic hand? I mean prosthetics would have to be pretty advanced by 2308. I mean we went from one-man suborbital flights to manned lunar landings in just eight and a half years so I think that prosthetics would have to be something like Luke Skywalker's cyber-hand by then with three HUNDRED years of development in between.

I base some of this on the fact that Tieria has to have some sort of cybernetic implants to interface with Veda. Why else would his eyes glow that color unless he's 00's version of a Newtype using a Psycommu system. Thoughts?

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

RE: The hand.
I remember seeing a piece on 60 Minutes last year about a soldier(I think it was a Marine, but not sure) who lost his hand in Iraq and got a more or less fully functional prosthetic hand.
So while it's not commonplace and it is certainly expensive, the technology already exists today. I imagine that 300 years from now, it could be much more common or affordable.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
cantfakethefunk

Sure, but not DAYS after the injury. She's going to need therapy (physical and emotional) and going to need to heal before they even think about giving a prosthetic. Plus, it's not like they just have them lying around (in all likelihood). They have to be custom-fit.
Official Sergei and Soma fanboy.
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Jack

A tenner says she gets a GN Hand that can generate a barrier around her.
Dark Duel wrote:RE: The hand.
I remember seeing a piece on 60 Minutes last year about a soldier(I think it was a Marine, but not sure) who lost his hand in Iraq and got a more or less fully functional prosthetic hand.
So while it's not commonplace and it is certainly expensive, the technology already exists today. I imagine that 300 years from now, it could be much more common or affordable.
I saw a video a while ago that sounds a lot like what you're talking about:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/video?id=221
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hell, 300 years from now they might be able to regrow limbs.

--Freyja Wion
Arsarcana

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote: I base some of this on the fact that Tieria has to have some sort of cybernetic implants to interface with Veda. Why else would his eyes glow that color unless he's 00's version of a Newtype using a Psycommu system. Thoughts?
Well, CB tech is known to be more advanced that what the Powers have so their cybernetics may not be at the same level (assuming that's what Tieria's got, which seems a reasonable assumption). Still, it's quite likely that prosthetics are advanced enough that Louise could eventually have a left hand again, if not a regrown limb. Definitely something we won't be seeing this season though, if and when it happens.
Antares

Yeah I would imagine some sort of "replacement-hand" appearing later on, but right now that missing hand also plays a symbolic part.

I haven't much joined in on the discussion on Gundam00 before because, well, I didn't have much to say other than I watched it out curiosity, less out of content. But I have to say that with the more recent episodes that has changed for the better. The series finally starts to get a hook into it which makes me want to watch more. Better late than never; I would expect if the series has 50-something episodes to take some time to get into a new Gundam continuum, but when G'00 is supposed to be like CG in length, I felt that the series never picked up its pace. And for once, Setsuna's "I am Gundam" didn't just sound like some insane ramblings.

In short, the series took its sweet time to get off the ground in my eyes, but I am glad it finally did. Hopefully I am not getting my hopes up for nothing. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.