What's Your Current Anime?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Nowhere Man

I'm actually going back and watching Gundam Wing, of all things. Don't anybody hate on me. :wink:
Has no real point of view.
Knows not where he's going to.
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
Ohmygodiamonfire

Currently Watching 00 and Sora Kake Girl.
I'm also rewatching Gundam X, because it's awesome.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
Sleepneeded127

Gundam 00 S1 Eng and S2

and i have Macross Plus part 2 on now since it follows Gundam 00 on Scifi
i missed the 1st part so im kinda lost but all well i find it somewhere later
Imperial

I'm rewatching the first season of 00 on SciFi, spiffy dub and all. I've been an anime fan for some time, but watching fan subs has never been my favorite form of entertainment. I'll probably wind up waiting out season 2 and just watching it on SciFi instead of picking up the subs again.

While I've already finished it, SoulTaker gets honorable mention. I cannot praise that show is enough. Sure, it has some nonsensical moments and not enough screen time devoted to its quirky supporting cast, but it's like art in motion. I suppose Evangelion instilled in me a love of the experimental. Don't let the name scare you off, though. They may share some bizarre stylistic choices and a lot of Christian imagery (mostly stained glass and the title's SoulTaker looking like a bat out of hell), but it's not nearly as dense.

I recently started Witchblade. Barely dressed women galore. Surprisingly strong and thoughtful mother-daughter dynamic between the heroine and her child. Nifty action scenes, even if it's almost impossible to take seriously with all the innuendo. This one could go either way, although the strong character pieces are keeping it above mindless fun.
This space for rent
Genocide

I recently finished watching the Pailsen Files and I'm in the middle of Macross Frontier (yes, I am late). Aside from that I revisit occasional older anime shows, including various Gundam series, the original VOTOMS, and Hokuto no Ken. Aside from 00, nothing currently on interests me in the slightest.
Nick Izumi

I'm enjoying Gundam 00. I don't really do fansubs and this was worth the wait.

I'm also re-watching the original Macross. Pineapple salad flavored sadness just hit. *sighs*
I AM A MAN!!! *PUNCH*
I review stuff with MS Paint. www.youtube.com/nickizumi
Kavik Ryx

Yeah, and if I didn't need another reason not to eat pineapple.

Oh yeah, Sore Kakeru Shoujo just for (I can't believe I'm about to say this) the lulz. :roll:

And Ride Back if only just for the transforming bikes themselves.
Genocide

Nick Izumi wrote:I'm also re-watching the original Macross. Pineapple salad flavored sadness just hit. *sighs*
Coincidentally, I just finished watching the Macross Frontier episode with the other kind of pineapple. All this talk about pineapples is making me hungry and giving me MGS flashbacks...
Ryvius

I finished Ideon: A Contact a few days ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, aside from the insanely fast compilation-pacing. I think I'm really interested in checking out the series now. Might do that before I go ahead and watch the (true?) ending Be Invoked.

Been watching Dragonar here and there too and it's really awesome, aside from the goofy translation. Hopefully we get an R1 release of it sometime!
lafiel

Shuffling between victory gundam. (on episode 30) and hajime no ippo. (episode 45).
Also got the first dvds of hellgirl and elfen lied from the library.
Kavik Ryx

Ryvius wrote:I finished Ideon: A Contact a few days ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, aside from the insanely fast compilation-pacing. I think I'm really interested in checking out the series now. Might do that before I go ahead and watch the (true?) ending Be Invoked.
I'd say you should watch the series, be prepared to be annoyed during the earlier episodes, stop at episode 38 (watch it though), see A Contact again, the go on to Be Invoked.
X10A-Freedom

Just finished Solty Rei and now im watching Sakura Wars, Guyver and Rideback.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot
Ryvius

Kavik Ryx wrote:
Ryvius wrote:I finished Ideon: A Contact a few days ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, aside from the insanely fast compilation-pacing. I think I'm really interested in checking out the series now. Might do that before I go ahead and watch the (true?) ending Be Invoked.
I'd say you should watch the series, be prepared to be annoyed during the earlier episodes, stop at episode 38 (watch it though), see A Contact again, the go on to Be Invoked.
Why so? (with the beginning)

I guess I hear the pacing is kind of slow? But I think I've gotten pretty used to Tomino's style by now ... I guess we'll see, lol.
Kavik Ryx

Ryvius wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:
Why so? (with the beginning)

I guess I hear the pacing is kind of slow? But I think I've gotten pretty used to Tomino's style by now ... I guess we'll see, lol.
There is a lot in Be Invoked that doesn't quite make sense without first seeing the TV series, namely Sheryl's insanity. Also, you develop this sort of hate for the protagonists while feeling infinitely sorry for them. It's just in order to get the most out of Ideon.
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

I'm rewatching Gundam Seed Destiny for the lols
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
pd771

CarbonStereoxide wrote:I'm rewatching Gundam Seed Destiny for the lols

You're a stronger man than me. I'm rewatching Victory.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Nick Izumi

CarbonStereoxide wrote:I'm rewatching Gundam Seed Destiny for the lols
I tried that... after being restrained from attacking the screen when Kira appeared three times I gave up.
I AM A MAN!!! *PUNCH*
I review stuff with MS Paint. www.youtube.com/nickizumi
Antares

I wouldn't mind rewatching GS and GSD all over again with some company, but none of my friends care for those series, and fewer still would have the time to sit down for a marathon. Oh I remember the days I was a student and watched GS within... I guess 5-6 days? Suffice to say I felt knackered at class. :D

It's a little boring to be watching series that come so slowly; an episode a week and then you get stuck at a cliffhanger. :P I rewatched Gankutsuou recently though, and elevated the series on my list of anime to show to people who've never watched anime. But for the life of me, even though it's not that bad of a dub, I can't listen to the count speaking English after first hearing Nakata Joji as the original seiyuu.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Kavik Ryx

I hope that I'll be able to sit down and get through a good amount of Now and Then Here and There tomorrow.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am watching and enjoying Godannar.

Making my way through Golgo 13, which has got to be the most misogynistic anime I've ever seen. Still fun though.

Considering Last Exile, though with school starting up in a few days, I may wait until I have a couple other series done with.
X10A-Freedom

Kavik Ryx wrote:I hope that I'll be able to sit down and get through a good amount of Now and Then Here and There tomorrow.
I love that Now and Then Here and There its so good.

Almost done with Sakura Wars. I finished Guyver and it was awesome it needs a second season for sure. Also I managed to finish Welcome to the N.H.K. in 2 days I feel acomplished for finishing a series in that amount of time but after watching N.H.K. and learning its lessons I feel like a loser for that same reason lol.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot