The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 5.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

ExhileVoid wrote:Also, this a series DIRECTED by Seiji Mizushima
And it's for that reason that any character killed off will be the saddest thing ever.

Hughes ;_;
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
VentZX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Also, it's interesting to learn how the space colonies are only in development. Makes sense that they're so late coming though, as humanity put most of their resources into making the Orbital Elevators.
It makes sense, don't you think? The elevators are a much cheaper and more efficient method of getting materials into space for building. We already know that the elevators are used for that purpose. I bet it won't be a major plot point until maybe the second season, but it's nice to see that only three episodes in we have a really intricate world view.

The next episode has to do with Talivia leaving the Union. There's been some speculation as to what country Talivia is supposed to represent. It could be either Bolivia or Columbia based on the drug production. It would seem that everything in this series has some sort of real world counterpart.
ExhileVoid

Hughes was suppose to die in manga version of FMA too and with less character development compared to the anime. He was killed off by Arakawa, not by Mizushima.
Destiny_Gundam

ExhileVoid wrote:Hughes was suppose to die in manga version of FMA too and with less character development compared to the anime. He was killed off by Arakawa, not by Mizushima.
That's not the point. The point is how Mizushima handled the death. Damn if I didn't almost start crying during that episode.
DeltasTaii

I dunno, personally Saji being his next door neighbour gave me a Code Geass/Gundam Wing vibe. God help me if we see Setsuna go to school, but regardless I can see him being there for the sake of a similar aged kid (along with Louise) interacting with Mr. Life Soldier over there, with predictable humanizing results and such. Where he goes from there, who knows. Cheerleader?
Direct X

Crossroad might end up being a sort of Daba Myroad for 00.

He looks like he may become a protagonist.
ExhileVoid

Okay, so maybe only one major important character died in FMA. At least we can be sure that Mizushima doesn't have the tendencies to kill off many main characters near the end. I mean he could have killed off many FMA characters since the anime storyline was completely different than the manga if he wanted to. The point is did anyone remember any of the main character's love interest die in Dai-Guard or FMA? If a main character has to die in this series, it better very well have to be a god damn important role to the storyline.

Gundam has always been been for series fans and they never seem to add any humor in there to break any tension. Code Geass also had a serious tone to its central plot, but in episodes they did include a little humor in there like when Lelouch loses his helmet.
Dean_the_Young

ExhileVoid wrote:Gundam has always been been for series fans and they never seem to add any humor in there to break any tension. Code Geass also had a serious tone to its central plot, but in episodes they did include a little humor in there like when Lelouch loses his helmet.
Hm? Gundam has its spots of humor, even though it is in essence a war drama. The Meyrin x Athrun x Luna triangle for the first half of Destiny was a series of jokes and chuckles, Lockon's offer of milk for Setsuna was definitely worth a laugh, and the occasional joke or pun is obvious. Gundam may not be into physical humor (slapstick, exagerated hammer violence), but it's not without its laughs either.

Personally, I think it would be interesting if one of the most significant character deaths of the series was of a male friend. Either in combat ala Nicole, or while supporting one of the fore-front characters ala Hughes. In which case, Katagiri or Sergei might be a touching casualty.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Sanjiro

Are the Gundam 00 episodes being downloaded or is there a website you can go to to watch the entire ones?
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it."

--Sun Tzu
Kavik Ryx

You know what would be rather out of the blue? We have all guessed that Saji will either be simply an observer, or join a side, but who's to say that he does not end up in the middle as a victim. It's rater rare in Gundam that we see civilians who are central character, let alone doomed.
Zero Revenge

Sanjiro wrote:Are the Gundam 00 episodes being downloaded or is there a website you can go to to watch the entire ones?
Talking about where to download or where to watch Gundam 00 Episode is forbidden.

That being said, I'm really curious to as why the HRL is looking for this Silver-Haired Girl. In the Gunota Spoilers 4 weeks back, they said they had to recruit her. What makes her so good if she's a green-rookie pilot?

Maybe she'll have a new Tieren Model to show off her introduction?
VentZX

Zero Revenge wrote:
Sanjiro wrote:Are the Gundam 00 episodes being downloaded or is there a website you can go to to watch the entire ones?
Talking about where to download or where to watch Gundam 00 Episode is forbidden.

That being said, I'm really curious to as why the HRL is looking for this Silver-Haired Girl. In the Gunota Spoilers 4 weeks back, they said they had to recruit her. What makes her so good if she's a green-rookie pilot?

Maybe she'll have a new Tieren Model to show off her introduction?
She's probably just your ordinary extraordinary child prodigy. Nothing we haven't seen before in Gundam. I'm willing to wait another week before making any wild guesses as to whether she's enhanced or engineered in anyway.
ExhileVoid

VentZX wrote:She's probably just your ordinary extraordinary child prodigy. Nothing we haven't seen before in Gundam. I'm willing to wait another week before making any wild guesses as to whether she's enhanced or engineered in anyway.
You mean a "Genius" like on the similar lines of Maximilian Jenius? A pilot with no Psychic powers, genetic engineering, extreme conditioning programs, drugs, etc. just pure skill?
Vyron

Is there even "modify" human in this show's universe? It'll be a bit weird to have it show up after the initial impression is made (though the part about space colony only appear in ep3, also a little late).
Destiny_Gundam

I think he means a kid who's graduated from university when they were 8 or something. Like Asuka from Evangelion perhaps.
VentZX

ExhileVoid wrote:
VentZX wrote:She's probably just your ordinary extraordinary child prodigy. Nothing we haven't seen before in Gundam. I'm willing to wait another week before making any wild guesses as to whether she's enhanced or engineered in anyway.
You mean a "Genius" like on the similar lines of Maximilian Jenius? A pilot with no Psychic powers, genetic engineering, extreme conditioning programs, drugs, etc. just pure skill?
That's what I'm getting at. Something along the lines of what the guys from Wing and even 00 are. There has been no indication of any unnatural enhancements made to the girl, so I'm hesitant to say that's the case. Though, she does look rather pale, and she does have a strange eye color, so your guess is as good as mine.
Laevatein

And Gundam 00V reveals Gundam 00's first MSV:

GN-001/hS-A01 Avalanche Exia
SNT1

^While that's more suited to Mecha and Technology, I can see it now...

"00 meets CE styling!"

"Exia and Ex-S' bastard spawn!"

etc...

EDIT: please continue discussion on this new mecha on the 00 Mecha Thread, btw.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
OpMegs

Incidentally, as I rewatch Sergei's brief fight with Setsuna, the more appreciation I gain for a few more subtle tactics. He drops the cannon from the beginning, which seems like a stupid move, but then you consider that the Tierens all use solid ammunition. If Setsuna were to slice through that, it could set off the ammunition and do a lot more damage than his simple "disarm" move did. Similarly, I liked the one-handed face crush because it's the first time we've seen the sheer brute strength the Tierens were hyped as having over the Flags/Enacts/etc. Graham didn't have much of a chance of doing that with his Flag, after all.

Also, on an off note, the HRA salute has to be one of the most odd things I've ever seen. It's almost a normal salute, but apparently there's an open palm involved. Preventive measures against the stereotypical "blade hidden in a sleeve throw"? :P
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
G.Squirrel

Also, on an off note, the HRA salute has to be one of the most odd things I've ever seen. It's almost a normal salute, but apparently there's an open palm involved. Preventive measures against the stereotypical "blade hidden in a sleeve throw"?
The palm forward salute has been around for ages in today's military, it just depends on the unit and what branch of service. It's a more respectful salute than a palm down salute. Take this for example.