The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 4.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zero Revenge

ExhileVoid wrote:If they include a anti-gundamjack security system, they might as well realistically include a self-destruct system also to prevent capture of an advance mobile suit by the enemy where they can potentially reverse engineer or discover non-existing technology from that unit (GN Drive).
We don't know what sort of negative reaction the GN Drive would have to a large explosion/self-destruction. For all we know, it could have a small-nuclear bomb type explosion, killing tens of thousands of people instantly.

I doubt the CB would put that in the Gundams. Not to mention, would this SD System be interior only (as in the pilot must do it) or can it be controlled by... oh let's say the Old Man in charge of Celestial Being? And since we've discussed how shady he seems... I would not want to pilot a mobile suit with a self destruction system in it. No thanks.
Kratos

Zero Revenge wrote:
ExhileVoid wrote:We don't know what sort of negative reaction the GN Drive would have to a large explosion/self-destruction. For all we know, it could have a small-nuclear bomb type explosion, killing tens of thousands of people instantly.

I doubt the CB would put that in the Gundams. Not to mention, would this SD System be interior only (as in the pilot must do it) or can it be controlled by... oh let's say the Old Man in charge of Celestial Being? And since we've discussed how shady he seems... I would not want to pilot a mobile suit with a self destruction system in it. No thanks.
I'm not so sure...I wouldn't put it past him, to be honest. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that he would install a self-destruct mechanism, NOT tell the pilots, and give himself sole control over it. As for the reaction of the GN drive, if control of the destruct system belonged solely to Baldy McGoatee, would a small nuclear explosion be considered going too far for the sake of keeping these advanced weapons out of enemy hands? If CB is as dedicated to its mission as they claim, I don't think it would be too far a stretch for them to take radical measures to ensure their mission's success, regardless of the consequences.
Kavik Ryx

I hope there is no auto destruct system, that pissed me off so much in Wing. A Gundam is an expensive machine of master quality. Considering the time, money, and energy taken to build just one, it's just not worth it. For a moment, take a car. Is it better to design one that has bullet proof glass, excellent locks on the doors, and a way to make it difficult to hot wire; or would you rather it blows up when an unauthorized person puts it into first gear? We're not all in CE, where when one Gundam falls, another three will rise up to take its place. This is Anno Domini, the Common Era, and the series is supposed to reflect the common era.
darkhunger

Zero Revenge wrote:I doubt the CB would put that in the Gundams. Not to mention, would this SD System be interior only (as in the pilot must do it) or can it be controlled by... oh let's say the Old Man in charge of Celestial Being?
Not sure if that's possible considering (as they noted in the episode) that the old man in question died 200 years ago.

Of course, he could be a clone or something... That wouldn't be new.

But since we have yet to seen anything but a recording of him, maybe that's indeed all that exist of him.
Zero Revenge

darkhunger wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:I doubt the CB would put that in the Gundams. Not to mention, would this SD System be interior only (as in the pilot must do it) or can it be controlled by... oh let's say the Old Man in charge of Celestial Being?
Not sure if that's possible considering (as they noted in the episode) that the old man in question died 200 years ago.

But since we have yet to seen anything but a recording of him, maybe that's indeed all that exist of him.
Wow. That's a pretty serious twist. The man's running an organization from his grave? That's some DAMN GOOD planning.

Edit: What kind of weapon was Graham using against the Exia? He pulls it out REALLY quickly so I can't tell. It looks too long to be a Sonic Knife, but looks too short to be the "Plasma Blade" that i've seen on MAHQ and on Union-Flag Model Pictures. ((Edit: I can see that he pulls it out of the Left Forearm Compartment, but the sword materializes too quickly to see any detail on it - It looks almost like the Sonic Knife, but then forms into a beam saber!))

And for him to just surprise the Exia like that, after knowing damn well what it can do... Graham's got some balls. I hope he at least does some damage. I was disappointed when the Exia took no damage when that artillery round hit him spot on. I was hoping for the shield to at least break!
Last edited by Zero Revenge on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mwulf

Zero Revenge wrote:
darkhunger wrote:

Wow. That's a pretty serious twist. The man's running an organization from his grave? That's some DAMN GOOD planning.
An evil (ish) Hari Seldon? Awesome. :P
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Destroy Gundam

Zero Revenge wrote:I was disappointed when the Exia took no damage when that artillery round hit him spot on. I was hoping for the shield to at least break!
Perhaps the GN particles somehow play into the shield's toughness. I did like that the guy who hit him just seemed to be confused that he did no damage instead of panicking and firing off a few more shots randomly. Yes, the Dynames's attack prevented him from doing anything, but it was nice to see a pilot react a little more calmly than screaming his head off.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Direct X

OMG, Episode two was good. Has everyone been watching this lately?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Destroy Gundam wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:I was disappointed when the Exia took no damage when that artillery round hit him spot on. I was hoping for the shield to at least break!
Perhaps the GN particles somehow play into the shield's toughness. I did like that the guy who hit him just seemed to be confused that he did no damage instead of panicking and firing off a few more shots randomly. Yes, the Dynames's attack prevented him from doing anything, but it was nice to see a pilot react a little more calmly than screaming his head off.
Yeah, it beats having grunts shouts ITS A GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM before bitting the dust
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Zero Revenge

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
Destroy Gundam wrote:
Yeah, it beats having grunts shouts ITS A GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM before bitting the dust
Seriously, i'm enjoying the realism that Gundam 00 is using. The soldier, was more or less alittle confused, versus in outright panic. Despite the fact I still don't like the Gundams be untouchable (no proof to prove otherwise) I love the storyline and realism of it all.
Direct X

Seriously, i'm enjoying the realism that Gundam 00 is using. The soldier, was more or less alittle confused, versus in outright panic. Despite the fact I still don't like the Gundams be untouchable (no proof to prove otherwise) I love the storyline and realism of it all.
It's just another case of Gundam W Herculism.

I guess later on it might go away. Even then, the suits weren't invincible.
Kavik Ryx

Considering the mysterious nature of the GN particle, perhaps it can act similar to the beam shields from F91 and V.
Direct X

Kavik Ryx wrote:Considering the mysterious nature of the GN particle, perhaps it can act similar to the beam shields from F91 and V.

I hadn't thought of that. It could be.
wing zero alpha

Just saw the episode myself. So much for "the value of teamwork", Setsuna not having any "dark moments", although he's still above a few other Gundam protagonists as far as I'm concerned, and the Gundams not taking out entire squads singlehandedly. On the other hand, the old Blackwater guy supposedly dying 200 years ago was an interesting twist; makes me wonder if the guy is in league with Rasputin and the Count of St Germain. As well, it's nice to see Setsuna isn't going to be a total deadpan character until Marina comes around or Ryumei takes interest in him (hey, one can guess).
It's just another case of Gundam W Herculism.
(:roll: at the latter post) They didn't react in sheer panic because the Gundams have only just appeared. Even in Gundam Wing, at the beginning the USEA and OZ pilots didn't totally freak out when the Gundams showed up; in fact, from what I remember, it took quite a while before anyone started going "AAAAAH! IT'S A GUNDAM!!!". All in all, I'd say wait a few more episodes, then look and see if nobody panics.
Direct X

(:roll: at the latter post) They didn't react in sheer panic because the Gundams have only just appeared. Even in Gundam Wing, at the beginning the USEA and OZ pilots didn't totally freak out when the Gundams showed up; in fact, from what I remember, it took quite a while before anyone started going "AAAAAH! IT'S A GUNDAM!!!". All in all, I'd say wait a few more episodes, then look and see if nobody panics.

I suppose. But if you want to take the english dub into account, they pretty much acted as if God himself was going to send them to hell.

All in all a good second episode, Gundam pilots have egos @ Some Alternate Universes. So maybe later on, it will be a point of conflict between Meisters.
wing zero alpha

Direct X wrote:I suppose. But if you want to take the english dub into account, they pretty much acted as if God himself was going to send them to hell.
That's just the general reaction anyone has to Gundams; in fact it dates as far back as MSG when Amuro was trouncing Zakus with the "White Devil". Who can blame them? They're up against a mobile suit that's better armored, much faster and has weaponry that totally outclasses what they're piloting. Besides, Wing's english dub is infamous for overplaying reactions and expressions.
Direct X

That's just the general reaction anyone has to Gundams; in fact it dates as far back as MSG when Amuro was trouncing Zakus with the "White Devil". Who can blame them? They're up against a mobile suit that's better armored, much faster and has weaponry that totally outclasses what they're piloting. Besides, Wing's english dub is infamous for overplaying reactions and expressions.
It was more because of the reputation behind Amuro and the Gundam as opposed to some rampant destructive force appearing @ Gundam W :P
wing zero alpha

Direct X wrote:It was more because of the reputation behind Amuro and the Gundam as opposed to some rampant destructive force appearing @ Gundam W :P
Ah, no. How do you think Amuro gained that reputation at first? By destroying Zakus, sieging bases (the episode with his mom) and the fact his Gundam was indestructable, not so much his skills (since he had none at the beginning). Sorry, but all Gundams gain notoriousness the same way: by rampant destructive force first, piloting second, and I have no doubts that it's going to happen as well in 00.
Direct X

Ah, no. How do you think Amuro gained that reputation at first? By destroying Zakus, sieging bases (the episode with his mom) and the fact his Gundam was indestructable, not so much his skills (since he had none at the beginning). Sorry, but all Gundams gain notoriousness the same way: by rampant destructive force first, piloting second, and I have no doubts that it's going to happen as well in 00.
by the end of MSG his skills were godly :cry:

Ah well, I just hope the Gundam do end up being somewhat more realistic.
Tafumi

Was rewatching Ep1 and I just noticed something.

In Lockon's cockpit, the little holster (or whatever you want to slate it as) that holds Haro says "Halo" under it.

You'd figure after 28 years of Haro being in existence they'd spell it right. Just thought it was odd for them to make that kind of -lost in translation- typo.