The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 4.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zero Revenge

auriga wrote:A High-Maneuver Tieren giving Setsuna a hard time? This is a must-see.
Only fair after all of the Tieren's Setsuna slaughtered because of their slow speed. I'm really looking forward to this fight now. Looks like when matched against someone with some brains and a better-than-grunt-suit, Setsuna's not too hot...

...Wow that's alot of speculation right there. Anyway.... looks promising.
Last edited by Zero Revenge on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mwulf

Zero Revenge wrote:I understand why he did it, but it was uncalled for. However, i'm confused to why Lockon reacted so panicky when he saw the Amph's running towards the Exia. Did he figure Setsuna was gonna go nuts about them? Or did he think they were gonna attack him? ....Not like they'd be a threat anyway after seeing the can of whoop ass Setsuna unleashed on that entire Tierin brigade.

However, I only saw the RAW. So ...what do I know? Nothing, i'm going off only the words I do know (very little) and the body language.

I know I shouldn't say this but... looks like Setsuna pulled a Shinn here. Not thinking clearly, just killing people. Wah wah wah.... yeah, i'm going to hell.
I'm not sure why Lockon was panicking, but CB's goal was to attack BOTH factions, so I think he was worried Setsuna was... off, or something. You'll notice that he looks rather relieved after the Excia cuts the two Amphs down.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
wing zero alpha

Hm, looks like wishes do come true after all: I was complaining about how slow the Tierens were in the other thread, and low and behold here the High Mobility Type makes its debut. Lucky me. :wink:
Melchior

It appeared to me that Lockon was worried that Setsuna would let the Amphs get away, and was relieved when Setsuna killed them.

I too get the impression that CB plans to unite the world by giving them a mutual enemy to hate.

Lastly, I'm still getting the impression that the superpowers aren't at war with each other, but rather smaller wars exist where the superpowers seem to pick on nations who aren't members of any of the 3 main factions, such as HRL against Sri Lanka or the Union versus Talivia.
Zero Revenge

Melchior wrote:It appeared to me that Lockon was worried that Setsuna would let the Amphs get away, and was relieved when Setsuna killed them.

I too get the impression that CB plans to unite the world by giving them a mutual enemy to hate.

Lastly, I'm still getting the impression that the superpowers aren't at war with each other, but rather smaller wars exist where the superpowers seem to pick on nations who aren't members of any of the 3 main factions, such as HRL against Sri Lanka or the Union versus Talivia.
They have "Talivia" in South America right, is that suppose to be their universe's Bolivia? (Only connection to a South American country I can fathom)
Kiggz

Well I am starting to enjoy the series a bit more now I wonder if the pilots will get new mobile suits or upgrades in future episodes ??.

Well we are only on the second episode I still have not seen anything to impressive but the fight scenes in episode 2 really took it a notch up from episode 1.

The Exia finally displayed it true combat abilities in this episode and I would not doubt if the exia still have a tick up its sleave for the next battle I wonder what we get a chance to see in the next 5 episodes ?

I just cant wait until we get to see some mobile suits that have not been show or released in the series or on the net I wonder what the next set of suits are going to be like I predict a few space suits and mabe a amphibious mobile suit as well ?
Poochi

I got the impression that the Exia was on roller skates or something.

But I would think that someone like Setsuna who's grown up on a battlefield and witnessing tragedies occur everyday would show more composure and discipline during a battle.

But that would make it too much like FMP wouldn't it :wink:
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Recon 5

Kiggz wrote:Well I am starting to enjoy the series a bit more now I wonder if the pilots will get new mobile suits or upgrades in future episodes ??.
Lets hope it doesn't come too soon or it will REALLY feel like a toy commercial. We've barely even had time to get used to the original suits.

I don't want to see stuff like a Strike Dynames/ Infinite Exia/ Diet Virtue- wait, that didn't sound right... anyway, lets hope ANY upgrades in this series are handled better than they were in DESTINY.
Ascension

It would, however, be nice to see some upgrades for the three superpowers sometime soon, given how easily their current machines are being taken apart. Flashy, well-animated fight scenes or no, it's going to get old fast if no one ever manages to even pose a legitimate threat to the Meisters.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Dean_the_Young

Ascension wrote:It would, however, be nice to see some upgrades for the three superpowers sometime soon, given how easily their current machines are being taken apart. Flashy, well-animated fight scenes or no, it's going to get old fast if no one ever manages to even pose a legitimate threat to the Meisters.
Or at least use good teamwork to slow them down, like the Hellion did to Setsuna first episode, tough in retrospect one could argue he was just leading them into range for Lockon.

Overall, if I have to critique this episode for something, it's for being rather void of character. I want character interaction, damn it! :evil:

...and I'm also wondering what this weeks drabble/oneshot will be, since I aim to put out one drabble per episode as they come out. Should it be serious? Should I look for spoilers for the next episodes, to put in foreshadowing?

Or should I make a parody of my unfortunately mis-taken joke, and poke fun at my largest complaint of the episode? :wink:
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Janx_Dolaris

Well the Gundams do like to spew GN particles everywhere, chances are evntually the super powers will gather some and figure out how they work.

I have a fealing the AEU is gonna be a pretty small force in this series, their ace seems to be pretty bad, and their stealing of other people's designs doesnt make them seem like a very powerful nation. Unless they make a surprise appearance with their own GN suits near the end, i see them being the first super power to give in.

Unless HRL or HPL or whatever gets a more agile suit, they're gonna be doomed to a case of Gundam verses Battletech. Even with an ace at the helm of a Tieren, the machine just doesnt have the agility to stand up to a gundam (of course thats probably what the high manouvere type is for). I'm surprised that the Tierens dont have missile launchers to counter the other nations' primarily air-based force.

Chances are Union will give the Meisters the hardest time, they have agile suits and they dont seem to have the issues AEU have.

I would like to see a battle between 2 of the nations though, it'd be interesting to watch. Though it doesnt appear they're at war, just a shakey cooperation deal with respect to the orbital elevators.
The Big Zabowski

Zero Revenge wrote:They have "Talivia" in South America right, is that supposed to be their universe's Bolivia? (Only connection to a South American country I can fathom)
It most likely will be Bolivia, since there was a direct verbal reference to Sri Lanka and the on going Tamil insurrection in this past episode. It was said that when HRL annexed India and Sri Lanka, the island's name was changed to 'Seiron Island'. What struck me as odd, though, was the fact that the HRL was actually siding WITH the Tamil Tigers..

Methinks we could be doing some research on Bolivia and see if there could be any connections to current fighting that could be ongoing in 2307 and be the reason for "Talivia" to cut ties with the Union. This series just keeps getting more interesting with every episode..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
VentZX

As far as Setsuna cutting down those two Amphs near the end of the battle, you have to remember that he let the Tierens run away. It's not so much that he had to take down both sides, but attack anyone that would continue fighting. After all, The meisters are around to end war and not favor anyone side.

After seeing that shot of the High Mobility Tieren, we can only assume that Graham didn't do to well if Setsuna is around and kicking for another fight in the same episode. I don't expect Graham to go down Patrick style, but let's face it, there's no way he's going to win. After all, it's only his first fight with Exia and we know which is the superior suit.
Ascension wrote:It would, however, be nice to see some upgrades for the three superpowers sometime soon, given how easily their current machines are being taken apart. Flashy, well-animated fight scenes or no, it's going to get old fast if no one ever manages to even pose a legitimate threat to the Meisters.
Now, although I do want to see some good fights down the road, I don't mind the Gundams being godly. You see, my problem with other series had been not how overpowered the Gundams were, but how lazy the animators were. Gundam 00 has had nothing but amazing set pieces so far and I couldn't be happier.

Like was stated before, if I had anyone complaint, it would be the lack of character interaction, but seeing as ep. 1 and 2 have been pretty much exciting introduction episodes, I don't have a problem with that.

PS - I too want more Sumeragi and China girl!
Big B

I seem to remember Murre enjoying something a bit on the hard side after they beat Andy in SEED. Perhaps we have a new female captain that enjoys her liquor? Anyway, yes, I hope to see more of Sumeragi.

I think the Union is the most passive about this, and is representative of the US seeing itself as something of the world police. It's assessment of CB as it's replacement is pretty accurate thus far.

I think Lockon freaked a little because he though the Amph's would do something to the Exia and Setsuna.

I love the action so far, but hopefully, yeah, we'll see some backstory here shortly. Oh well, that's to come.
lobster

It wouldn't surprise be if the JNN employee recognizes the Schenburg guy.

Can anyone recognize this guy?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... -DM-10.jpg

I bet not very many of us but for anyone who has an interest in his field of profession you should know this guy, who is from more than 200 years ago too.

Lockon isn't a very good captain to me. He failed to control his teammates and they just head off their ways before he can give any word. But still he's a likeable guy.

I like Sumeragi more but I don't mind seeing more of Wang or her, or both. :twisted:

I want to see Sumeragi in another outfit. :twisted:
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Ascension

That's Carl Freidrich Gauss, but what does he have to do with Schoenburg?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
lobster

I'm just saying if people today can recognize someone from the 18th century then it's not surprising someone in 2307 can recognize someone from the 21st century. :wink:
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Ork_dreadnought

Well, all things being equal, episode 2 wasn't half bad. The show is proving to be significantly different in feel to its immediate forebares, it helps that the cast are professionals for a change. That said, the last few minutes, where the characaters more or less spoke to the viewer, were an inelegant dramatic device. No obvious stock animation.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
Janx_Dolaris

I think i've seen some stock footage of the Tieren pilots talking inside their cockpit with those silly helmets, but really, how many different ways can you show that?
Dean_the_Young

Janx_Dolaris wrote:I think i've seen some stock footage of the Tieren pilots talking inside their cockpit with those silly helmets, but really, how many different ways can you show that?
Sign language and charades. :D

Of course, with the Tieren cockpit as small as it is, can you imagine what it would be like if we ever see two people in the cockpit, after one is rescued? If that happens, it'll be humorous.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy