MS IGLOO And SRW:OG: Coming To America

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
mcred23

MS IGLOO And SRW:OG: Coming To America

Since we don't have a thread covering this, I'm making it.
Gunota Headlines wrote:ANN reports from Anime Expo that Bandai Visual USA licensed MS IGLOO and both Super Robot Wars: Original Generation anime, with IGLOO and the SRW OVA coming in October.
I'm sure that will please a great number of people.

Personally, I'm ecstatic to hear that MS IGLOO is coming across, it being the first new Gundam we've gotten since Destiny (I forget when it first started coming out) and the first UC show since Zeta/F91 came out in 2004. I find it interesting that as Japan will be getting Gundam 00, we'll be getting IGLOO...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Nagi

Unfortunately it's Bandai Visual, meaning we'll be getting glaringly average quality releases at $40 per two-episode volume. Personally, I'm sick of BV's crap, and the fact that they're now becoming Bandai's means of releasing Gundam in this country just irritates me and makes me not want to support the US DVD releases at all.

Unless Bandai Visual get smart and release MS IGLOO at no more than $25 and at no less than three episodes to a volume, I'll be passing on it, and on every other BV title until they correct their idiocy.
Chris
Administrator

Anime on DVD just updated with some new info. IGLOO will be 3 episodes per disc, and the SRW OVA will all be on one disc. Still no info on price or dubbing, though.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
padre

MS Igloo isn't too surprising, since it was mentioned at the Bandai Visual panel at A-Kon several weeks ago.

I am rather surprised about Super Robot Wars, however.
Happiness is a warm gun.
Bang bang, shoot shoot.
EZero8

Well I'm looking forward to both releases. Both series interest me alot and I'm looking forward to watching them, though if Nagi is right about the whole BV issue I might pass on IGLOO.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

EZero8 wrote:Well I'm looking forward to both releases. Both series interest me alot and I'm looking forward to watching them, though if Nagi is right about the whole BV issue I might pass on IGLOO.
As Chris noted, it's been reported that IGLOO is going to be two three-episode DVD's (Meaning two DVD's total), so Nagi's worry of it being two episodes per volume isn't going to happen (Although we've yet to hear of the cost).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Kishiria

Nagi wrote:Unfortunately it's Bandai Visual, meaning we'll be getting glaringly average quality releases at $40 per two-episode volume. Personally, I'm sick of BV's crap, and the fact that they're now becoming Bandai's means of releasing Gundam in this country just irritates me and makes me not want to support the US DVD releases at all.

Unless Bandai Visual get smart and release MS IGLOO at no more than $25 and at no less than three episodes to a volume, I'll be passing on it, and on every other BV title until they correct their idiocy.
It never fails. We're about to get Gundam and someone finds reason to complain.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Maniaxe

padre wrote:MS Igloo isn't too surprising, since it was mentioned at the Bandai Visual panel at A-Kon several weeks ago.

I am rather surprised about Super Robot Wars, however.
I'm happy to see SRW OG be released over here, it just heightens the chances that we'll see someone release SRW OGS over here to.
YazanGable

For BandaiVisual's sake, I hope they're doing something about their pricing issues.

While it's not as prevalent a concern for IGLOO or SRW OVA, if they try to use the marketing set-up they've had now on the Divine Wars series (clocking in at 25 episodes) they could be looking at a BIG failure on their hands (the SRW market's already small enough in the US without them straining it further with another '2-eps per disc at $40 a go' deal for 12-13 discs.)
Dark Duel

MS Igloo? YES!
SRW OVA? YES!!!
SRW Anime? HECK YEAH!!!!

I'm looking forward to these.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

Well, if they do go ahead for a $20 per episode deal, I would just hope and pray that it gets to Adult Swim. I'd rather watch disco guns and "blast you" cusses than pay that price.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Nagi

SNT1 wrote:Well, if they do go ahead for a $20 per episode deal, I would just hope and pray that it gets to Adult Swim. I'd rather watch disco guns and "blast you" cusses than pay that price.
If it went to Adult Swim, it would be uncut. You're thinking of Toonami.
YazanGable

I wouldn't hold your breath on it for AS.
Remember, this is BandaiVisual. Price issues aside, the other thing people want them to rewrite their policy on is 'No dubs, subs only!'
...and, as you can imagine, AS would NOT want to show a subtitled series with only a minor following.

Edit:
As for the other license (since I really only commented on DW)
While it's nice to hear their over here, even if BE got them, I can't say I'd be excited.
The OG OVA, while fun for letting the ATX team have some screentime, was pretty blatantly a fanservice experience. (It was OK at first...then around the time Cybuster arrived, you could tell they were going for the 'Hey guys! Remember me?' ...then came Elzam and Sanger... ...that was around the time the whole thing fell apart for me.)

As for MS Igloo. While I love the idea of more Gundam over here, I wasn't really taken with this series. When all was said and done, it was less a story about the horrors of war, more a CGI-handjob for the hardcore Zeon fans (and even then, only a certain constituent therein.)
Xenturion6789

alright! SRW, the only anime to have sucessfuly pulled my attention away from gundam for at least a moment. can't wait for this.
Death solves all problems. No man, no problem
-Joseph Stalin
Destiny_Gundam

Well, this is mixed news for me.

Igloo I don't really care about. Seeing it once was enough for me. The only part I really enjoyed was that transformable tank fighting the stolen Zakus.

For SRW, I'll probably get the OVA since it's just one DVD. I'd be willing to shell out $40 for it. Sure, it might not have been deep or meaningful, but it wasn't trying to be. As mentioned earlier, it was a fanservice experience, and in that regard it was quite successful. Not to mention a fun watch (hense my ratings).

Now the Divine Wars liscense will be a bit more troublesome. I make it a point to own the series I review, so it'll hurt my wallet. Then again, this is BV's first full series release, so it might have a different pricing scheme. If not, then I'll just get the last few DVDs first to finish off the review section.

Gives me an excuse to slack off :wink: (I'm kidding Chris). I gots plenty of Cybuster left to review.

I'm still taking a 'wait and see' attitude until the prices are announced. Right now I'm saving up my pennies to get the SE of the Gunbuster movie.

Delicious Noriko and Nono figurines *drools*
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Draco Starcloud

Is Divine Wars already released or what? If it is, I need to find some way to get it.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Destiny_Gundam

Draco Starcloud wrote:Is Divine Wars already released or what? If it is, I need to find some way to get it.
No. BV will release the OVA in October. They said Divine Wars will come after that.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
razgriz

igloo awesome :D time to see some good ol massive violent destruction of all parties involved :twisted:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
J-Lead

Handjobs and Bandai sex

YazanGable wrote:As for MS Igloo. While I love the idea of more Gundam over here, I wasn't really taken with this series. When all was said and done, it was less a story about the horrors of war, more a CGI-handjob for the hardcore Zeon fans (and even then, only a certain constituent therein.)
Well, if there's any part of the fanbase that needed a handjob, it was the Zeon fans. (I mean seriously, what do they have? Zeonic front?) Being a UC fan in the west nowadays is like being in a long love-hate marriage with Bandai; they just have to put out every once is awhile to keep us satisfied, and we can't complain when they do, or they may just stop putting out altogether (and the occasional handjob to the hardcore fans doesn't hurt.) Besides, the whole "War is hell" theme is beginning to get very, very cliche at this point, so in a way I'm glad they eventually strayed away from it.

(As a sort of disclaimer: Please note that I'm speaking metaphorically, and I mean to offend no one. I am not implying any form of sexism, nor any fantasies involving intercourse with Ken Itayomi or anything of that nature.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
turkishproverb

Re: Handjobs and Bandai sex

Igloo strayed from the war is hell theme?

A bunch of little kids get sent out pioleting oggo's!

Personally, Igloo was one of two of the only shows from gundam that the new Bandi Visual release format (considering its 3 eps a disk this time) would have made sense for. (the other being Gundam Evolve)

Not saying I'm happy, but it could be worse.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.