Copernicus City in turn A Gundam?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Atohe987

Copernicus City in turn A Gundam?

I just watched Turn A gundam and I noticed that Genganam city on the moon had a strong resembelance with Copernicus City from Gundam SEED. Did the creators of SEED unknowingly did this or the tried to link the two stories?
Wingnut

I wouldn't be surprised if the Seed guys did model Copernicus off of the city in Turn-A. They've copied everything else they can think of.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destroy Gundam

Didn't we only see Copernicus during a flashback in early SEED?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
ShadowCell

And in DESTINY.

Moving this to the Anime and Manga forum, by the way. Why are y'all posting in the wrong forums all of the sudden?
EZero8

I wouldnt be surprised if SEED merely copied Genganam City and plastered a new name onto it. As it's been said before, CE has copied everything they could, and this wouldnt be the first time SEED was unoriginal. :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
razgriz

seed unoriginal? are you sure? those ZAKUs and DOMs sure seemed original to me :roll: of course im kidding :D
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ryujin

Re: Copernicus City in turn A Gundam?

Atohe987 wrote:I just watched Turn A gundam and I noticed that Genganam city on the moon had a strong resembelance with Copernicus City from Gundam SEED. Did the creators of SEED unknowingly did this or the tried to link the two stories?
Having seen both frames side by side, seen from exactly the same viewpoint, I'd say it's intentional. There are some minor differences, presumably to show the changes caused by the passage of time. The background artwork for Copernicus was definitely not a rehashed background cel for Genganam, so they weren't that lazy.
Zeonic Glory

What episode is Copernicus City in? I just can't seem to remember it at the moment...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.