Gundam 0079 One Year War North America

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
acsam

Gundam 0079 One Year War North America

does any one know how the Earth Federation entner the North America area to retake it
like did they went through Mexico or did some D-day operations or did they do some air drop missons.
ShadowCell

Moved to Anime and Manga.
Phantomexe87

You need to check your grammar and spelling. As far as I know there aren't too many details about the North American offensive, other than that the Federation used the GM Cannons for the first time. But I am guessing they spearheaded the invasion from Jaburo, Alaska, and likely made beachead in Florida, as Kennedy Spaceport would be a major target to re-capture. We know the Zeon made a last stand at California, led by the Midnight Fenrir Team. There were more than likely drops.
acsam

thanks for the info i know i have bad spelling but does any one know more info like where did go frist to new york or the DC area if you itll me and what other MS did they use that will help a lot
thanks
Phantomexe87

Likely by the UC Era, DC is no longer really a strategic target, as the EFSF controls Earth, not independent governents. Though in Gundam Origins, the USA, still has a president of sorts. The EFF's main targets would be California Base, Norfolk (Virginia) and the Kennedy Spaceport (Florida). That said, New York would come before DC.
wing zero alpha

Actually, independent governments seem to still exist in canon UC as well, since that's what a Federation is, a collection of individual governments under one roof.

As for the offensive itself, yeah, there's not much on the North American attack. However, I have heard of battles going as far as Florida, so my guess is the Federation came up from the east coast and Jaburo and then began to move its way west until they reached California.

Other than that, I know that the Zeon forces in North America only had one Dom squadron for whatever reason :?.
bluemax151

Phantomexe87 wrote:The EFF's main targets would be California Base,
Just a nit pick but I thought there was no one "California Base" but rather it was a collection of bases located in California.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
acsam

thanks u guys helping a lot one more thing what MSs did the EFF use in North America
wing zero alpha

bluemax151 wrote:Just a nit pick but I thought there was no one "California Base" but rather it was a collection of bases located in California.
No, there was a California Base; it was considered one of the Zeonic force's most important bases and also served as the final major battle during the North American offensive.
mcred23

wing zero alpha wrote:
bluemax151 wrote:Just a nit pick but I thought there was no one "California Base" but rather it was a collection of bases located in California.
No, there was a California Base; it was considered one of the Zeonic force's most important bases and also served as the final major battle during the North American offensive.
bluemax151 is right, it's the term given the the series of bases on the West Coast. AFAIK, there is no specific installation known as "California Base".
Gundam Official's California Base entry has wrote:This major Earth Federation Forces military complex - made up of more than a dozen different naval, aerospace, and weapons-development facilities - is captured during the Principality of Zeon's Earth invasion, and becomes the Principality's major terrestrial base. After expending much of its fighting strength in a failed assault on Jaburo, the California Base is recaptured by the Federation Forces on December 15, U.C. 0079.
Anyway, back to the topic, we really don't know much about the EFF's offensive in North America, but a few details are know. They attacked California from both Mexico and Alaska. The complex was large taken by the Federation (To quote the Ultimate Mark timeline, "the outcome of the battle is determined by the first evening") on December 15th.

Outside of the battles at California Base, we really don't know much about what else happened in North America. We know (Thanks to the history of Ian Greydon) that Zeon held Kennedy Space Center until the war ended, but as to what happened there, or on the East Coast in general, little is known.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Phantomexe87

acsam wrote:thanks u guys helping a lot one more thing what MSs did the EFF use in North America
Well I would guess, hordes of standard GMs, some GM Cannons, Guncannons, RX-79 Gundams, at least 1 RX-78 Gundam (the RX-78-6 Mudrock specifically), Guntanks, GM Snipers, and GM Strikers (based off of Target in Sight).

Quite a variety of mobile suits.
mcred23

In other words, nothing really unusual. It should be noted that the GM Cannon would be very rare, as they didn't really enter production until California Base was taken back. Also, basically everything else mentioned by Phantomexe87 would be around in extremely limited numbers, if at all in some cases (Such as the GM [G]/Sniper and basic RX-79 units). Their main attack force would have been mainly based around basic RGM-79 GM's and the usual tanks and aircraft.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
toysdream

mcred23 wrote:In other words, nothing really unusual. It should be noted that the GM Cannon would be very rare, as they didn't really enter production until California Base was taken back.
I don't think that's the case. According to the old MSV books, the GM Cannon was already in production at this point, and the six GM Cannon units assigned to the southbound force that traveled from the Federation's Alaska base to California were the first ones deployed in combat. These six units were combined with regular GMs to create mixed teams like those of the White Base.

Still, mobile suits made up a pretty small portion of the Federation's North American offensive. I recall Gundam Historica mentioning that the total Federation MS force was on the scale of a battalion (i.e. a few dozen machines), and most of the fighting was done by conventional forces. However, recent games such as Zeonic Front indicate that fresh forces were deployed around the time the California Base fell, including the new GM Command and GM Sniper II.

-- Mark
Phantomexe87

Are the games really reliable though? I mean, like Zeonic Front re-retcons a lot of things, like there being a large amount of mobile suits at the battle of Odessa.
RGM-79G GM Command

The Blue Destiny manga puts Blue Destiny unit 1 and GM Commands at California, so the GM Command part is probably correct not sure about GM Sniper IIs though. Although the manga also adds a bunch of Doms there as well.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
acsam

ok now how many RX-79[G] the EFF use on North America
toysdream

RGM-79G GM Command wrote: Although the manga also adds a bunch of Doms there as well.
I don't think that's a problem. A handful of Doms were among the forces sent from the California Base to attack Jaburo, so it stands to reason there would be more where those came from. It was Australia that didn't have any Doms, not North America; in fact, the handful of Doms that show up in Australia in the "Rise from the Ashes" game arrived there after fleeing from the California Base. Aside from Africa, North America was probably one of the few regions that was heavily supplied with Doms.

-- Mark
RGM-79G GM Command

toysdream wrote:I don't think that's a problem. A handful of Doms were among the forces sent from the California Base to attack Jaburo, so it stands to reason there would be more where those came from. It was Australia that didn't have any Doms, not North America; in fact, the handful of Doms that show up in Australia in the "Rise from the Ashes" game arrived there after fleeing from the California Base. Aside from Africa, North America was probably one of the few regions that was heavily supplied with Doms.

-- Mark
Oh I guess I got that one team of Doms mixed up with something else I'll need to check again. But that does make sense since it was Zeon's last earth-based series of bases if I remember right so it makes sense to put most and the best of their forces there. California Base I mean.

acsam wrote:ok now how many RX-79[G] the EFF use on North America
I doubt any of us know about any unless you want to count the Blue Destiny Unit 1, we don't even know exactly how many there were all together (The data we have for them says around twenty were made and that at least twelve were in the place shown in 08th MS Team.), that I know of I don't think there were any unless I count the BD Unit 1, which I'm not.
Last edited by RGM-79G GM Command on Tue May 29, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
acsam

and what dates did the battle to retake North America began and when did it end?
Last edited by acsam on Tue May 29, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyakushiki

acsam wrote:ok now how many RX-79[G] the EFF use on North America
There were only about 20 of them ever made and 12 of those were Southeast Asia so they're only eight available and those served on different fronts as well so it wouldn't be a significant number, if they were any participating there at all.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!