Teh Official Wolf's Rain Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lert

Teh Official Wolf's Rain Thread

I just got the opportunity to get this anime. Is it any good ? I know it's not mecha but I'm still curious to it. Seems decent, from what little I have seen of it in AMV's.

Anyone here who has seen it and can comment ?
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Kishiria

I've seen the whole thing and want to buy it when I can afford it. It's done by the same folks who brought you "Cowboy Bebop", so if you're a CB fan, your chances of liking this are higher. Some people find the ending obscure, but I "got" it.

One word of warning that will save you money if you're buying the whole thing--disc 3 is five episodes of clip shows, recounting the series-to-date from the POV of each of the wolves so you can skip it.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Saikuba

The original ending was horrible in that it resolved absolutely nothing, but the series was extended (making up for the aforementioned clip show episodes). Whether or not you like the new ending or not varies from person to person. Personally I didn't like it very much because I thought it was too drastic a departure from the feel of the show that came before it, and because I think that it dodged a bunch of the questions that were raised before, and because I don't like what they did with Darcia.

I did like the premise of the show very much, and the world that it takes place in is pretty cool. I really value worlds that had a little extra effort put into them, and this is one of them.

The soundtrack is very good. I own it and it is probably my favorite anime soundtrack with the possible exception of Brain Powered.

So overall this is not one of my favorite anime because of some of the flaws I see in it, especially in the ending, but overall it was enjoyable and there's a good chance you will like it throughout more than I did. So I would recommend it.
solid snake

I thought this show was excellent, possibly my favorite anime ever. The story was great, and so was the animation. One of the best parts of this show was the soundtrack. Highly recommended.

I believe the clip shows were made due to the SARS virus outbreaks occuring around that time.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Having watched the Wolf's Rain on TV, I also recommend it. I guess what I liked most about it was the great leap it took from the post-apocalyptic settings of other shows and mix in just the right touch of mythology. But I was also unimpressed with the original ending.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

G-Slayer wrote:Having watched the Wolf's Rain on TV, I also recommend it. I guess what I liked most about it was the great leap it took from the post-apocalyptic settings of other shows and mix in just the right touch of mythology. But I was also unimpressed with the original ending.
Original ending you say?? Well, if you say so. Personally, although I enjoyed the series very much, I expected it to end exactly the way it did...the whole being reborn into the modern/real world thing. In fact, I saw the same ending in this anime from the early 90's that was aired during the good ol' day's of Sci-Fi channel's Saturday Anime block.
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
Chris
Administrator

blaze101 wrote:Original ending you say?? Well, if you say so. Personally, although I enjoyed the series very much, I expected it to end exactly the way it did...the whole being reborn into the modern/real world thing. In fact, I saw the same ending in this anime from the early 90's that was aired during the good ol' day's of Sci-Fi channel's Saturday Anime block.
He's not referring to the originality of the ending. He's referring to the four clip shows causing the TV series to end at the equivalent of episode 22, until the OVA series created episodes 27-30 and covered the real ending.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his