GSD confusion: Archangel vs. Minerva...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NewLondenion

GSD confusion: Archangel vs. Minerva...

I was looking around and realized that they changed the length of the Archangel from 345 meters to 420. All this time the Minerva is still 350 meters.

Does the Archangel really look that long compared to the Minerva?
"Just another day in the office."
-Cathas Okeze, ADVENT Fanfic Project
Phantomexe87

Re: GSD confusion: Archangel vs. Minerva...

NewLondenion wrote:I was looking around and realized that they changed the length of the Archangel from 345 meters to 420. All this time the Minerva is still 350 meters.

Does the Archangel really look that long compared to the Minerva?
I noticed this too, but you gotta keep in mind, that the Archangel just has long legs, while the Minerva has an entire hull, so it makes the Minerva look bigger, and it can also hold more MS, or so I'd think.
Vanishing Meteor

yep same here i noticed that too...probably a design error?...anyways the thread seems similar to this thread of the Mecha and Technology Section..

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=4368

you'll probably find the answer there...

if not...ignore... :D
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
razgriz

the shape of the minerva's bow still bugs me when i see it. it just draws too much attention to it. to me it looks like one of the archangel's "legs" broke off and mutated into its own ship.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Red XIV

I never noticed AA looking like it could be 70 meters longer than Minerva.

I still can't understand why Bandai & Sunrise seem to be so insistent on shoehorning in a size stat that's clearly unworkable.
razgriz

a good judge would be the shot in the freedom vs impulse episode where the archangel flies directly over the minerva. those ships looked near identical in length there. but the archangel was definitely wider.
(setsuna giggling)
Dark Duel

The real LOL about this whole affair is that they changed the length of the Archangel in both its SEED and Destiny profiles, but left the old length in the Dominion's profile.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Red XIV

Yeah, despite the fact that Dominion is supposed to be Archangel with a slightly different sensor array and in Titans colors (well, not exactly, but it's meant for a similar visual effect). :roll:
razgriz

hehe black has a slimming effect, goes the same for starships apparently.
(setsuna giggling)