Romance in Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
bluemax151

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Eh, personally I think Allenby and Domon made a better couple then Domon and Rain.
Do you know that every katana needs a sheath?

I would say Bright and Mirai would be the best couple because their relationship is the most realistic.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Ryujin

bluemax151 wrote:
Do you know that every katana needs a sheath?

I would say Bright and Mirai would be the best couple because their relationship is the most realistic.
Good analogy. Given Allenby's personality, she seems more suitable as Domon's younger sister. If Rain's the scabbard, Allenby's the wakizashi.

Maybe the lack of whites in their pupils is the secret of Bright & Mirai's lasting relationship. Genetically disposed towards each other & all that. :lol:
Camille Vidan

I don't get it why do you guys say that Kamille and Fa weren't lovers. Kamille was important to Fa, especially at the end of Zeta, but she didn't get the attention she wanted from him(and that's the reason of her strange acts)- But sometimes Kamille was very nice to her, I guess it depends on his mood. He even wanted to kiss her once(or did it happen? I don't remember). To sum it up, it's a strange friendship-love relationship between them.
Maniaxe

I didn't even think about adding Zechs and Noin! SHame on me, because I love that pairing. Char may have everything else, but Zechs is, apperently, capable of an actual romantic relationship, with a woman who both genuinely loves him, and has too much common sense to die tragically.
Toxicity

As much as I hate Relena, I think it would be really, really funny for her and Heero to have kids. OMG that would be one messed up child.

Otherwise, out of all the gundam I've ever seen, Domon/Rain beats all others into the ground.
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

For me, the Best Love Story is the Most Bizaare among the love stories that I watched in the Gundam series and it can be found ...

In Gundam V, The wierd love triangle of Uso, Chronicle and Katejina that ended in a cool bloodbath.

SPOILERS

Watch the end of episode 50 and see how Uso and Chronicle fight to the death for earning the affection of Katejina and Katejina will shoot anyone that came near to Uso and Chronicle even if it came from BESPA. Isn't that sweet :twisted:.
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

to me the best relationships were;

Garoad and Tifa, Mwu and Murrue, Bright and Mirai, and after reading the previous posts i agree with Zechs and Noin(she understood him completely).
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
"Kamille! Kamille!

CarbonStereoxide wrote:For me, the Best Love Story is the Most Bizaare among the love stories that I watched in the Gundam series and it can be found ...

In Gundam V, The wierd love triangle of Uso, Chronicle and Katejina that ended in a cool bloodbath.

SPOILERS

Watch the end of episode 50 and see how Uso and Chronicle fight to the death for earning the affection of Katejina and Katejina will shoot anyone that came near to Uso and Chronicle even if it came from BESPA. Isn't that sweet :twisted:.
Yeah, definitely. I second that. They were both whipped like no other. I thought that was done very well.

And how the heck could I forget Shiro and Aina? :/
J-Lead

CarbonStereoxide wrote:For me, the Best Love Story is the Most Bizaare among the love stories that I watched in the Gundam series and it can be found ...

SPOILERS

I dunno, I think that Uso was actually trying to bring her back to sanity rather than win her affections. (Katejina was the one who saw it as a battle for affections) Besides, he already loved Shakti.

With that said, I actually like the relationship between Uso and Shakti, seeing as Shakti has that holy and innocent look to her, (I've always found that attractive in women,) and Shakti has that responsible, motherly personality, so I think that she fits Uso perfectly. Even though they try their best to act like friends, it's obvious that they have strong feelings for one another.
Dark Duel

CarbonStereoxide wrote:In Gundam V, The wierd love triangle of Uso, Chronicle and Katejina that ended in a cool bloodbath.
Then again, what in V Gundam didn't end in some sort of a bloodbath? (rhetorical question)

Garrod/Tifa, Shinn/Stella, Kamille/Four, Bright/Mirai, Amuro/Beltorchika, Duo/Hilde, Zechs/Noin, and I think I'm the only one I know who thought Murrue/Andy in GSD would've been a good idea.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:and I think I'm the only one I know who thought Murrue/Andy in GSD would've been a good idea.
Well if Mu stayed dead I might agree with you.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
wing zero alpha

Dark Duel wrote:I think I'm the only one I know who thought Murrue/Andy in GSD would've been a good idea.
Actually, it wouldn't have been a bad idea if Neo stayed on as a villain, thus adding conflictions to Murrue.
razgriz

who knows andy might be harboring some hidden feelings for murrue but being the good sport he is he wont try to say or do anything to jeopardize the fact that the man she loved came back from the dead. dont u think if aisha miraculously survived that andy wouldnt run back to her arms?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Haros_Pet_Kat

Murrue/Andy would have been a symbolic pairing, because the two had both lost their respective loved ones, so that's a feeling they can easily share.
Antares

Well, Andy kinda did have to take the backseat after Neo/Mwu did his fantastic comeback. You'd have fodder for space-drama right there, given how much Andy and Murrue apparently spent time together in Orb. :wink: But in general, CE romances are contrieved and fake (i.e. too real? :P ) for my taste anyway. Garrod and Tiffa worked well and was even cute (unlike Kou-Nina which was stupid and childish, despite their age).
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Crusader

I alwyas liked the Trieze/Une pairing that was hinted at in Wing.

on the subject of V gundam, It seemed to me that Usso was a bit jealous of Oliver when Marbet decides to marry him. Infact he tells her not to marry him, and connie says that Marbet could marry usso, who gets alll blushy and runs out.

oh yeah... Marbet/Oliver i liked that pairing for some reason, and i enjoyed seeing thier qaurrels with each other.
Ork_dreadnought

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Ork_dreadnought wrote:Its interesting to see the only Gundam anime with a romance as the main plot thread has not rated highly in this discussion.
Which are you refering to?
Its a bit late for me to say this, but I was refering to 08th ms team.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

For me, the best Gundam couples are Domon/Rain, Shiro/Aina, and Kou/Nina. These aren't a bunch of angsty Newtypes that magically find each other; they're real people who needed time and room to sort out their feelings for one another. And I think that's why I prefer these couples over, say, Kira and Lacus. And I also would've gone with Bernie and Chris. It's a real shame how things ended with those two.
Rei Murasame

Well, I wanted to bring up things that hadn't been mentioned before, so here goes:

1. Amuro and Frau: This seems to be way underrated by everyone, but to me, it really had something special going for it before Amuro got all weird...

2. Woody and Matilda: Match made in heaven, broken by Zeon Aces.

3. Trowa and Catherine: Ignoring the fact that they are related (you can ignore that, right?), it was sweet, honestly.

4. Asuna and Emilu: Perhaps this may turn out to be only in my imagination, but I'm seeing possibility here. Emilu is a darling, I think it'd be nice.

5. Emma and Henken: see #2, replace 'Zeon' with 'Titan'.

6. Lucrezia and Zechs: Needs no explanation.
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Brave Fencer Kirby

Rei Murasame wrote:1. Amuro and Frau: This seems to be way underrated by everyone, but to me, it really had something special going for it before Amuro got all weird...
Frau's interest in Amuro always seemed more maternal than romantic, to me. After all, the first time we see her, she's nagging after him like an old woman ("Didn't you eat your breakfast? Why aren't you ready to go? You should take better care of yourself!") -- not to say that he didn't deserve it, of course. There was definately the potential for a relationship here, but both parties just sort of let it pass, and both of them moved on.
Rei Murasame wrote:2. Woody and Matilda: Match made in heaven, broken by Zeon Aces.
Zeon aces... and reckless bravery to the point of stupidity. Both of them died taking on Zeon mobile suits in vehicles that were barely worth considering combat aircraft.
Rei Murasame wrote:Ignoring the fact that they are related (you can ignore that, right?)
Not really, no. :?
Rei Murasame wrote:5. Emma and Henken: see #2, replace 'Zeon' with 'Titan'.
I don't remember this coupling very well, but from what I recall it didn't really lead much of anywhere either... Except Henken sacrificing himself, his ship, and his entire crew in a misguided attempt to save Emma -- which failed anyway. What sort of ass kills dozens or hundreds of people in a long-shot attempt to save one?
Fighting evil so you don't have to!